Yes, still actively using it at least 3 to 4 times a week. I've had one since Feb. 2014; right before the last OS update. It's a quality piece of equipment. Still love it.
    02-28-17 12:30 PM
    I'm joking. I use it as a playbook literally. I use it to do research and help with homework, and store fight tapes to study based boxing.
    03-02-17 06:54 PM
    I'm joking. I use it as a playbook literally. I use it to do research and help with homework, and store fight tapes to study based boxing.
    I use it for homework and research to but my screen broke so it dosnt look cool when I use it.. haha.. not sure if you understand
    03-02-17 07:16 PM
    Yep. Use it to read,- have Kobo and Kindle (sideloaded some time ago) and Zinio for magazines. Also for music, and a few videos loaded before the Video Store stopped supporting the Playbook. Keep it at home and plugged in, although the battery still works fine. Don't use it for anything productive, although I use a spreadsheet for monthly budgetting and to do calculations for a part-time job I have, the Docs to Go implementation on the playbook is a poor one. For that I use a Passport and a Q10, and even then use the Android version of Docs to Go for more serious work. Most of my use is on the Q10, with the Passport used only via WiFi, and for web browsing, reading on Kobo and Kindle, Zinio and Pocket Mags, and Comix when I'm away from home. All three devices have their place, and I don't see any need to replace the Playbook until the battery dies, at which time, if it doesn't work when constantly plugged in, I'll probably toss it, and transfer all it's functions to the Passport.
    03-04-17 09:00 PM
    I was down to one app, Overdrive, to read books borrowed from the local library. Official support by Overdrive ended quite a while ago so when I had to reload it following a reset, I had to jump through some hoops to get it loaded. Then something changed because browsing the library's subject list became a hit or miss proposition. Only part of the list would display correctly.

Used to also catch up on the day's news via the CBC app but that also stopped working.

With the battery not lasting as long as it once did, after 5 1/2 years it was time to find another tablet. It might have been a Blackberry if they hadn't abandoned that market. After a lot of looking and comparing, I'll soon the proud user of the brand new Galaxy Tab S3. Gorgeous screen and Overdrive is a native app.
    03-16-17 10:02 PM
    Everyday. It is my ereader for library books using the Overdrive app. I check emails and watch mp4 movies everyday as well. Great value and I have the bluetooth keyboard as well

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 10:10 AM
    With DOSBox loaded (still available from BlackBerry World) and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, a whole world of retro games become available for the Playbook. Remember Impossible Mission?

" Another Visitor. Stay a while. Stay Forever !! "
    03-18-17 12:49 PM
    Just bought a new(i have one already) 64MB of Amazon $50-$60
    current one is a video player
    new one will be a flac/dsd player hooked up to a tube amp for audio
    saw a video of someone demoing the monoprice hybrid with one and it was killing it
    Just knew i had to get another one as a media player before they are gone
    gonna run neutron as the player

I don't think you can get a hi end player with this type of DAC(wolfson) for the price out there
    combined with neutron and the charging stand its a no brainer for a work desk audio player

check it out here
    Last edited by balama; 03-19-17 at 01:46 PM.
    03-19-17 11:43 AM
    With a 64mb pb good luck to put music on there.. kidding. Great idea!
    03-21-17 08:17 PM
    Agree with Balama.

PB 64GB is great music box especially when you hook it with Bluetooth speakers.
    rabbitupnorth likes this.
    03-24-17 06:06 PM
    Just bought a new(i have one already) 64MB of Amazon $50-$60
    current one is a video player
    new one will be a flac/dsd player hooked up to a tube amp for audio
    saw a video of someone demoing the monoprice hybrid with one and it was killing it
    Just knew i had to get another one as a media player before they are gone
    gonna run neutron as the player

I don't think you can get a hi end player with this type of DAC(wolfson) for the price out there
    combined with neutron and the charging stand its a no brainer for a work desk audio player

check it out here
    Wow I bought a new one last Christmas for like 320$ on Amazon and now I see that they're selling them from 50-60$! Sigh well yeah I might as well get another before they're all gone. I actually love the playbook! I wanna install one in my car dashboard one that is removable. It's a great media/entertainment device plus PDF reader. That's why it wins, not to mention it just generally looks so smooth perfect clarity perfect size. It's a timeless. I'll definitely have one ages from now, the thing is a relic. It will become something that is vintage but was was ahead of its time! I think it's just fine if it never gets updated, because some updates just suck! But I would like to see more apps develop, and I hope that's still possible?
    03-27-17 04:35 PM
    I use it at least 3 x a week paired to my classic, works good, not great but still performs like a champ
    03-27-17 06:43 PM
    I already posted on this thread... but as an update... mine still works as a really high resolution and bright picture frame.
    03-27-17 09:46 PM
    Awesome! I use it every day, still looks brand new.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-31-17 10:01 AM
    Wow y'all are very committed. Inspired me to turn on my playbook but now it's asking me for a password. I think I might have left it on development mode last time I used it but none of my passwords are working... so I might have to start over. But with Kindle Fire at $50, I might just get that instead.
    07-09-17 12:20 AM
    I hate to see functional tech to waste so I've mounted mine on my kitchen wall as a clock. It's still a decent media player with KalemSoft and Neutron.

I have anotherb 16gb kicking around, anybody interested?
    07-09-17 05:37 PM
    Is the 16GB just WIFI or is it 3G as well? if the latter I would consider purchasing it from you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-11-17 06:23 PM
    I have 3 where I used network as kids movie players in the car. These days however they're more interested in games on thier Android tablets so I might turn one in to a bedside clock but I'm not sure what to do with the other 2 yet. It would be nice if they could pair with Amazon Echo/Alexa and I'd use them as part of an intercom system or something cooler than collecting dust.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 06:01 AM
    Yup I've been using one of mine as a digital photo album, and music player.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 06:09 PM
    Still actively using playbook 16 GB wifi.. the headphone jack is not working .. need a fix..still something very close ..
    07-19-17 03:54 AM
    use it to take notes in meetings and use it as a reader.
    07-20-17 08:27 PM
    Nice to see that in July 2017 I am not the only one getting some use out of this beast. Purchased mine when released in 2011 and still going strong.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    ssirica and AllanQuatermain like this.
    07-23-17 10:25 AM
    Like I. Said February last year, I'm on it now. Still good for many things that I do. Too slow for others. I. Don't have email set up any more but may reinstall it someday. Still have 89%battery health according to battery guru. Not bad for almost 500 charging cycles. I don't let it get too low though. Bad for the battery.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-29-17 12:02 AM
    Still bridging with my Classic. Great combo.
    07-29-17 02:58 PM
    I have 3 where I used network as kids movie players in the car. These days however they're more interested in games on thier Android tablets so I might turn one in to a bedside clock but I'm not sure what to do with the other 2 yet. It would be nice if they could pair with Amazon Echo/Alexa and I'd use them as part of an intercom system or something cooler than collecting dust.

Posted via CB10
    What arrangement do you use for networking these three as movie/av clients in your vehicle? Some sort of simple router and some sort of portable movie/av server device, then the playbooks' built in native video client app? Do all three kids get to watch their own or do they have to watch a single stream?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-30-17 07:16 AM
685 ... 1415161718 ...