Thanks, I will ask him for pictures with that info! @Nguyen1, he's asking about $55USD, I'll see if he is willing to go lower and probably get it
    01-23-17 05:35 PM
    Ok, I am now starting to get worried.. Last night I had a dream where I bought Bold 9900 and BIS worked with my carrier out of the box >.<
    Well... As an engineer, I habitually expect the worst & strive for the best... Lol. Worst case, no BIS. Best case, possibly the carrier rep you spoke with might not know what bis is? TOO wishful, I know, but that scenario has happened elsewhere... Lol. Impossibly tiny odds to get so lucky, but makes for fun dreams...

Damn, I don't know if I should go for it! Grrrr >.< Since he haven't been using it much, is that bad for the battery? Like, did it's performance drop by being unused?
    Might be a good negotiating point but I wouldn't sweat the battery TOO much... It takes about 5 seconds to change out.

Lol, I already have a buyer for my android phone. I just need to convince that guy with brand new Bold to sell it to me xD
    If at all possible, I'd advise to get the Bold up & running & reliably on its feet before selling your existing device. Fwiw. Setup without bis might require some time.

It will require the labor of an enthusiast's love. Enjoy!
    01-24-17 02:37 AM
    Well, our carriers are worst of all, I don't expect anything from them for free.. But there might be a very small chance or it happening.

In any way, the android stays until I can see if Bold 9900 works out or not. I'm hoping that I will be able to ditch the android soon

Damn, the guy won't budge, he won't go under $55USD. I'd pay that for a brand new one >.<
    01-24-17 03:33 AM
    If you talk about a possibility to use as non-BIS 9900. Let me share with you my thoughts. Now, I have to turn off for a few days BIS in my 9900. And I have to admit that this is almost a painfull experience. I don't know why, but if I don't have BIS connection, I can not get via browser to my Gmail account via web, or login to my bank account website( summarize - most websites when I can login). If I will connect to wi-fi, I have BB symbol, BBM works, but without email. I know there is a LogicMail, etc, but now, from my point of view I can tell that, if need to get more things to get my 9900 works properly without BIS - it is my timewaist. So for the topic owner - don't go for BB 9900 without BIS. But, don't think that I don't think 9900 isn't a super device. It is! But, BIS is required to get things done as simple as possible.
    01-24-17 04:01 AM
    @Michniks, thank you, I will take that into account. Something is really pulling me to buy it though. Could you please write your experience during the time without BIS?
    01-24-17 08:59 AM
    Shortly, but hope it will be valuable

I'm not a guy who lives and works via the phone, but the issues which I had by these few days without BIS(maybe others don't have that issue):
    -no access to my mobile websites of emails. Google and Outlook has very good optimized websites even for 9900 browser
    - no access to other websites when I need to login(bank, etc.)
    - no access to IM communicators(BBM and Whatsapp(info from WhatsApp webpage is that WA required BIS)
    - no access to BlackBerry Maps(in my region(Poland) they are quite old ))
    - no access to Google Maps app(it needs BIS connection)
    - no access to emails via built-in app - long time ago I was using LogicMaill app(it works without BIS) but it not works as good as built-in app.
    This is my negatives which I ghave without BIS.

But still in my opinion this phone is super. Comfort of usage as text comunicator, call quality makes that my other phone BB Z30 sits in a drawer.
    01-24-17 10:42 AM
    Can you please try out Opera Mini web browser? People say that it should work with regular data plan.
    01-24-17 10:56 AM
    I use opera mini. Works much better than native browser which has completely outdate certs everywhere and is virtually useable. Opera works fine without bis.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-24-17 12:31 PM
    Twisted Fate, I got an email from the woman with Blackberry Bold. Turns out she did not give it away (not sure what all that was about??), and she offered the phone to me. I picked it up this morning, but it is not a Bold but seems to be a Torch 9800. Immaculate condition but it is locked to Rogers. Has a nice leather case and the charging cable. It seems to work just fine. A very nice solid little phone with the slider keyboard. Not sure if you would want it since it is a Torch 9800? I debated keeping it since it is so cute and actually very retro looking, but likely it would just sit in a drawer here. Let me know if you would like it.
    02-01-17 09:20 PM
    @kitmo, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it I have my mind set on Bold 9900 though. Keep it or give it to someone who can put it to use
    Today a barely used Bold 9900 got sold on a listings site here for dirt cheap, same day it was added. It almost made me cry because I missed it >.<

EDIT: I had one of those moments today when android failed me and made me angry. Left the bloody thing with about 40% battery overnight and this morning my alarm didn't sound. I almost didn't wake up for work, I checked the phone and it was turned off, Gallery app kept the phone awake whole night and drained my battery. These "smartphones" don't seem so smart to me lately..
    Last edited by Twisted Fate; 02-02-17 at 01:29 PM.
    02-02-17 11:58 AM
    Okay Twisted Fate I will pass it on to someone. I was disappointed that I didn't get the Bold for you. Oh well!
    02-02-17 12:26 PM
    Sorry for joining on the end of this thread but I was wondering how messenger apps are working on the bold 9900 in 2017? im switching back to my old phone for a month as im in the middle of writing my thesis and my iPhone is too distracting but all i really need is Facebook messenger, is this still working? thank you!
    03-01-17 03:18 PM
    Sorry for joining on the end of this thread but I was wondering how messenger apps are working on the bold 9900 in 2017? im switching back to my old phone for a month as im in the middle of writing my thesis and my iPhone is too distracting but all i really need is Facebook messenger, is this still working? thank you!
    Or you could flick the notification switch under settings off and then select which apps you don't want notifications for ;-) I know that defeats the purpose of an iPhone though.

Some people are saying WhatsApp works and some don't, I would install it on your 9900 immediately and see if it works with your Sim card installed if it works consider yourself lucky.

On browser mode Facebook works just fine even with audible messages for the inbox.

Twitter Messenger inbox works great even on the original 9900 native app.

I had Line some months ago but I had some jam ups. I can't remember about Viber, etc.

And of course BBM is always good and if you have friends also with iPhones like myself the BBM app works OK on the iPhone or android so they can install that.

Maybe it's best if you say which apps you prefer to use and then others can respond ....
    03-02-17 12:08 AM
    Hi, again me Does every BBOS 7 phone has BUYR stats? I contacted one seller and he says he doesnt see it.. I even showed the Ralphs photo where the BUYR is located..
    03-10-17 11:19 AM
    BUYR is available on device with OS 4.2 and above. Well, it could be from OS 4.1. I don't remember exactly. But yes, if the phone you are looking at is not some old 7200 series, then BUYR is there.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-10-17 12:06 PM
    Is there a chance that they don't have it? Guy says he doesn't see it..
    03-10-17 12:07 PM
    Ah, sorry I forgot this. He won't see it if the device has an active IT Policy. IT Policy is often set up on company issued phones or maybe certain carrier. So instead of displaying call time and data used when key in BUYR, it would show something like 'IT policy enabled'
    There is a way to remove IT policy but I believe after removing it, call time and data will be back to zero.

03-10-17 06:39 PM
    I was going to suggest that the guy probably had too much useage and was embarrassed to tell you

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-10-17 07:32 PM
    Ah, sorry I forgot this. He won't see it if the device has an active IT Policy. IT Policy is often set up on company issued phones or maybe certain carrier. So instead of displaying call time and data used when key in BUYR, it would show something like 'IT policy enabled'
    There is a way to remove IT policy but I believe after removing it, call time and data will be back to zero.

Ah, so there is a way around BUYR, shame
    @ralph, yeah I had the same idea..
    03-12-17 10:52 AM
    Ah, so there is a way around BUYR, shame
    @ralph, yeah I had the same idea..
    Well, it is just what happens with removing an IT Policy. I guess that usage information, when enterprises enable IT Policy, stay on enterprises servers. But at least in such case a BUYR will show the IT policy message.

And about way to get around BUYR, there are a couple of way. Most popular recently has been a software from China which can change not only BUYR info, but also vendor ID and others, unlock Blackberries, Samsung and Androids phones. Small vendors/shops love this soft.
    03-12-17 01:21 PM
    @Ralph Morgotch

Ralph, heeeeeelp! Im still trying to get me one 9900, but sellers keep saying that there is no BUYR statistic.. Like so

Are they trying to trick me?
    03-24-17 05:37 AM
    I found out that he has to press buttons BUYR in order for it to show. Is this any good? Phone seems well preserved.

03-24-17 05:51 AM
    I found out that he has to press buttons BUYR in order for it to show. Is this any good? Phone seems well preserved.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a66e9579dc.jpg

Hey looks like the phone is in decent condition.
    Not brand new, but good condition.
    How much are they asking for it?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 10:52 AM
    @goodayeh seller is asking about $70usd. I have found another one for $32usd but it only comes with the charger..

03-24-17 12:36 PM
    How bout this old beater... my battery's got better charge, at least. Lol

I'd call OP's find "virtually new".
    Attached Thumbnails Is it too late...?-img_20170324_123416.jpg  
    03-24-17 12:43 PM
203 ... 45678 ...