Fyi I'm indonesian and from my opinion, tiphone devices wasn't quite good enough in terms of build quality, so far from being good imho, but I hope aurora will be better. And I'm proud that there is a BlackBerry device that was produced originaly from my country. ������

But I noticed that aurora has different BlackBerry camera, look at the UI of the camera, and compare with priv or dtek or even keyone, its different. It has much feature.
    Good point. But I think they've made a decent job with Aurora. It could be better, but I think it's decent enough for now.

Just need to lower the price, is all.
    03-21-17 11:56 AM
    If this phone was being released by Blackberry or TCL, people will be bashing them like crazy!

Look at the specs. Compare it with a Z30. Four years newer, and apart for the better cameras (front & back), more memory, and the fact it runs Android, the rest of the specs are pretty similar, and in some cases the Z30 is better.

-Almost equal processor / About the same battery size (3000vs2880)
    -Z30: Adreno 320 - Aurora: Adreno 308
    -Z30: Super Amoled 294ppi - Aurora: LCD 267ppi
    -Z30: Stereo speaker - Aurora: Single speaker
    -Z30: HDMI - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: FM - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: NFC - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band - Aurora: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

An it cost 270 us$
    Do not forget it runs BlackBerry Droid - BIT more apps than BB10
    03-21-17 01:05 PM
    Do not forget it runs BlackBerry Droid - BIT more apps than BB10
    I didn't.
    03-21-17 07:05 PM
    I didn't.
    I think $250 is a fair price and it will get there or lower soon if there is no demand at current price. Market forces will dictate.
    03-21-17 08:51 PM
    For the same price, people can get Samsung J7 Prime.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 08:53 PM
    I think $250 is a fair price and it will get there or lower soon if there is no demand at current price. Market forces will dictate.
    Agreed.

Just pointing the fact that specs wise is not that good. It's funny that the KEYone is being criticized for using the SD625, and the Aurora is praised when is clearly comparable with a 4 years old phone.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    03-21-17 09:03 PM
    If this phone was being released by Blackberry or TCL, people will be bashing them like crazy!

Look at the specs. Compare it with a Z30. Four years newer, and apart for the better cameras (front & back), more memory, and the fact it runs Android, the rest of the specs are pretty similar, and in some cases the Z30 is better.

-Almost equal processor / About the same battery size (3000vs2880)
    -Z30: Adreno 320 - Aurora: Adreno 308
    -Z30: Super Amoled 294ppi - Aurora: LCD 267ppi
    -Z30: Stereo speaker - Aurora: Single speaker
    -Z30: HDMI - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: FM - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: NFC - Aurora: Nop
    -Z30: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band - Aurora: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

An it cost 270 us$

The Z30 had definitely the much higher introduction price of more than the double price, hadn't it? - And now you still pay around 150€ for a new Z30 while the Aurora starts exactly 3,5 years later with about 250€. I guess even as a present you'd claim it too expensive, wouldn't you?

Furthermore I'd guess it really depends on where anyone's emphasis is. The Z30 doesn't support DualSIM, in my opinion a very important difference. Then the Aurora offers 32GB internal memory instead of only 16GB. The FM radio function is yet to be confirmed and so are the mono/stereo speakers as far as I know. And then, how often did anyone use NFC or HDMI in general? Again, imho it depends on the exact functionality which is needed and in this case I think it offers still very much for a decent (introduction) price. For gaming I can use the far better Playstation for example, but for my daily driver I need a (BlackBerry Secure) certified tool and not a toy..

And the Snapdragon 425 beats the S4 Pro with 112 against 89 in this comparison:
    https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapd...4-pro-msm8960t

Here is the complete comparison:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5711

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-22-17 04:36 PM
    My point wasn't an "in deph" comparison between both devices. Just used the Z30 as an example to remark that the "BBMP is doing this right! TCL/BB should take note!" doesn't feel fair to me.
    03-23-17 01:50 AM
    as for timing of introduction. be fair, launch one location is different to world wide. you deal with multiple carrier qualification and compliances rather than few.
    as for pricing, again, it is cheaper to budget few carrier qual (in your design cost base) rather than world wide. As far as I can tell, some of the handsets can not export (by MFG) to certain country, because they didn't pass the qual... (drop test for example... that xiaomi fragile handset would not see the daylight if drop test was performed in NA, but in China? you can see user youtube... how it get into user's hand? either they don't have drop test, or relaxed spec.. IMHO).
    dtek 50 and 60, I am sure they are not aware of iphone 4 glass cracking issue (learn from someone else' mistake is always better... you spend few hours most to google the prior failure will do you good than find out in the field. If I were TCL, get back all that cracked unit from one location immediately, you got cracking pattern, that means excellent data to help you improve future design. Since it is very "light", i suspect many flex might be used in the unit, that means you need additional stiff material in either frame or body to companzate the lost of PWB as part of mechanical support (stacking). I could be wrong on that (don't have dtek 50.. but you can make back door very stiff for example... in addition, alternatively, you can design something that absorb the drop energy - some of BBOS unit, if you drop, back door, battery will flight out, but you can pick it up and put together and nothing really damaged - may have a nick here or there... what ever you do, don't damp it with silicone... just think about rubber ball, that harder the HIT, it bouce back higher..;-). IMHO.
    https://www.york.ac.uk/media/cll/doc...bberbounce.pdf
    Last edited by stlabrat; 03-28-17 at 11:53 AM.
    03-23-17 05:44 AM
    Yeah it looks pretty good than my DTEK50 and its got the silver color BlackBerry logo which is not present in this one, this phone really tempting me to buy
    03-28-17 09:55 AM
    I'm thinking TCL has taken note..... and is very, very concerned.
    04-12-17 02:16 PM
36 12