Hello, I'm looking for an app on BB10 to add / merge different pdf files together into one.

My mac does it easily, my windows pc cannot... what about BB 10 or perhaps Android?...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 11:38 PM
    You know, surprisingly that's not a very common feature.

I've run into that issue before, and while I know it's simple to do on a Mac, I have found no solution for any other OS, including Windows, Linux, Android or BB10.

Seems to be a bit of an anomaly actually, not even the official Adobe apps will do it.

So for me, I just have to go on the browser and use a service. It uploads the PDFs and merges them, and I download the merged version.

That's probably the only way you'll get it running.
    03-18-17 11:43 PM
    Yes it seems so, and I use it daily on my Mac - handy feature!
    Which online merger do you use?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 05:46 AM
    Hello, I'm looking for an app on BB10 to add / merge different pdf files together into one.

My mac does it easily, my windows pc cannot... what about BB 10 or perhaps Android?...

Posted via CB10
    I'm unaware of any native PDF merge (or split) functioning app. However you will find many such offerings in the Google Play Store. In some cases, the advantage is combined function in the same app and options to rename the merged file. If you don't have Cobalt's workaround installed there is a very basic android port available in BBW:

PDFMerger: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559776 and if you're interested

PDFSplitter: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559775

They aren't pretty apps and the ratings aren't great but it worked for me merging two PDFs into a 64 page document without any problems on a BB10 Z30 running 10.3.2.2813.

Most often it's easier for me to accomplish merge or split PDFs on the PC. My choice for Windows is Icecream PDF Split&Merge. It's accomplished offline so it's not necessary to upload what could be sensitive documents to an online service.

Hope it helps.
    03-19-17 10:21 AM
    I'm unaware of any native PDF merge (or split) functioning app. However you will find many such offerings in the Google Play Store. In some cases, the advantage is combined function in the same app and options to rename the merged file. If you don't have Cobalt's workaround installed there is a very basic android port available in BBW:

PDFMerger: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559776 and if you're interested

PDFSplitter: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559775

They aren't pretty apps and the ratings aren't great but it worked for me merging two PDFs into a 64 page document without any problems on a BB10 Z30 running 10.3.2.2813.

Most often it's easier for me to accomplish merge or split PDFs on the PC. My choice for Windows is Icecream PDF Split&Merge. It's accomplished offline so it's not necessary to upload what could be sensitive documents to an online service.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks your input is appreciated, however the bbw merger app does not load on Passport, Classic and Q10s too bad...and the windows icecream software only allows 3 pdf's at once to be merged, the proversion is a 20 bucks invest - cool would be a light freeware for windows

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 10:53 AM
    Thanks your input is appreciated, however the bbw merger app does not load on Passport, Classic and Q10s too bad...and the windows icecream software only allows 3 pdf's at once to be merged, the proversion is a 20 bucks invest - cool would be a light freeware for windows

Posted via CB10
    Seems odd that it wouldn't load on any of those devices. In any case, if you've many PDF's you want to merge on Windows 10 then simply select each file you want to combine, right click the highlighted files, and choose print. When the print window opens then select Print to PDF. No additional app required.

If you're looking for free then I think all will have some size limitations - whether in size or file number. Tons of options though: pdfmerge! Pdfjoiner, foxyutil's merge pdf, smallpdf.... take your pick.

For BB10, then your only option is to give a shot with one of the many Android variations that align closest to your requirements.
    03-19-17 11:37 AM
    Seems odd that it wouldn't load on any of those devices. In any case, if you've many PDF's you want to merge on Windows 10 then simply select each file you want to combine, right click the highlighted files, and choose print. When the print window opens then select Print to PDF. No additional app required.
    This would be the thing to do!!! But laughingly on my windows 10 surface pro I cannot mark a pdf file and print it...something I seem to have been missing, I can mark an rtf or jpeg ir tif and right click and will find 'print' but not with a pdf...damn!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 12:24 PM
    This would be the thing to do!!! But laughingly on my windows 10 surface pro I cannot mark a pdf file and print it...something I seem to have been missing, I can mark an rtf or jpeg ir tif and right click and will find 'print' but not with a pdf...damn!

Posted via CB10
    Open your windows feature menu and locate Microsoft Print to PDF, deselect it, and reboot your machine. When it restarts then re-enable the Print to PDF function and see if that helps.

Alternatively, you can uninstall the Print to PDF and replace the driver.
    03-19-17 12:38 PM
    Adobe Acrobat is quite capable of merging / splitting PDFs (amongst other functionality) on all the platforms it is supported on. Acrobat Reader can't.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 12:45 PM
    Adobe Acrobat is quite capable of merging / splitting PDFs (amongst other functionality) on all the platforms it is supported on. Acrobat Reader can't.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I use, but on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 12:49 PM
    What about xodo apk ?

Jellybean supported...

Canadian developed...
    03-19-17 04:37 PM
    I deleted the microsoft pdf printer, but cannot it anywhwere for reinstalling...

Xodo looks promissiong, will check it out as for the windows version - thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 08:15 PM
    I deleted the microsoft pdf printer, but cannot it anywhwere for reinstalling...

Posted via CB10
    I just received some financial docs in pdf format. I filled, entered signatures onscreen, revised, saved, and sent to financial for file submission with xodo...only thing I didn't try yet is merge... great thing & all happens on device. No uploads...free, amazing
    Last edited by patapoof; 03-21-17 at 11:23 PM.
    03-21-17 10:23 PM
    03-21-17 11:07 PM
    server-side processing, not4me
    03-21-17 11:21 PM
    server-side processing, not4me
    What is that exactly?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    On Windows 10 open the Start menu> Settings > Devices. In the Search box, type "advanced printer setup" then open. Select "The printer that I want isn’t listed". Select "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings". From the drop-down menu next to Use an existing port, select Print to File, then click next. Select Microsoft on the left and Microsoft Print to PDF on the right, then click next. Don't rename the driver, click next.

That should bring it back for you.
    03-22-17 06:34 AM
    What is that exactly?

Posted via CB10
    Server-side refers to operations that are performed by the server in a client–server relationship in a computer network. Typically, a server is a computer program, such as a web server, that runs on a remote server, reachable from a user's local computer or workstation.
    Server-side - Wikipedia
    03-22-17 08:32 AM
    Server-side refers to operations that are performed by the server in a client–server relationship in a computer network. Typically, a server is a computer program, such as a web server, that runs on a remote server, reachable from a user's local computer or workstation.
    Server-side - Wikipedia
    I see, so you upload it to a server...no thanks, that definitely is not an option...

Tried xodo, which really looks promissing, but every time I try to merge files it crashes on my win10 surface pro4. The dev said he couldn't reproduce that error, but anyway would send out an update on monday (wonder when it arrives at windows store)... very responsive support and all for an absolut freeware...!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 06:05 AM