I recently went to a Share Everything month to month because my 2 year contract ended a year ago. Supposedly I can add another "line" but can I just get another sim with the same number to use in my other device so I do not have to keep swapping the same sim into devices, and just share the data, etc?
    03-08-17 08:14 PM
    No.
    03-08-17 08:41 PM
    03-08-17 09:37 PM
    No you can't​. One number one sim card. One number cannot be active on two sim cards at same time. Hope this explains properly
    03-12-17 08:02 AM
    I don't know which carrier you are on, but my carrier allows for up to 5 Sims on same nmber.
    03-12-17 09:06 AM
    You can use two Sims and just go online and activate the one you want to use but it's kind of a pain

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 09:25 AM
    I don't know which carrier you are on, but my carrier allows for up to 5 Sims on same nmber.
    Rogers. I posted this under the Rogers forum.

I still think it's odd that they won't let people do it, so what if I have two devices, they're still going to get usage data out of me, I'm still going to pay my bill, and I don't even mind paying for another Sim on the same number.

The reason I would like this is because every time I swap Sims between the iPhone and the 9900 there's always some issue that arises, the last time I lost Whatsapp.

So I wonder why some carriers would allow it and some don't. Even if I Loaned a phone to someone which I would not be doing anyway, they're still going to get usage from both devices and you have to pay for it. So what's the difference…
    03-12-17 04:35 PM
    You can use two Sims and just go online and activate the one you want to use but it's kind of a pain

Posted via CB10
    Well Rogers just lets you have one Sim and you could swap it into any device you want and I've never had to phone in to activate anything it's just automatic, it finds the signal and connects.

But it comes down to convenience it would just be nice to not have to swap all the time.
    03-12-17 04:38 PM
    Well Rogers just lets you have one Sim and you could swap it into any device you want and I've never had to phone in to activate anything it's just automatic, it finds the signal and connects.

But it comes down to convenience it would just be nice to not have to swap all the time.
    Yes for sure and that's what I do but for people who don't like to physically move the Sim from device to device it's a different option as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 04:46 PM
    Depending on where you are and what your carriers offer...

I can - in Switzerland with 'sunrise'...!!!

I have three sim cards for one number, of course only one of those three will be active, but lets say my Classic which I was phoning all morning goes out of juice; I just pick up my PP and enter a code there and bang I can place and pick up calls on my PP, while I plug the Classic for charging, and even my Classic is now no more able to place and receive calls, I still can use all data services, including WhatsApp or BBM calls or email or webbrowsing...

It can be done, but I don't know if carriers in the US or wherever offer this - in Switzerland we have two major carriers who do, and on mine I could have up to 5 sim cards for the same number for only 5 bucks each in addition to the plan I have per card...

Go ask the carriers in your country.. good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 05:39 PM
    In theory it's possible... but in practice most carriers won't allow it.

First reason is profitability: if you are allowed to have the same account on multiple sims, they would lose revenues on people subscribing to multiple lines.

Also it's a security hazard: it would mean that someone else could have your account, and receive your text messages. Nowadays with two factors authentication using SMS, it's a hazard
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-12-17 06:00 PM
    Depending on where you are and what your carriers offer...

I can - in Switzerland with 'sunrise'...!!!

I have three sim cards for one number, of course only one of those three will be active, but lets say my Classic which I was phoning all morning goes out of juice; I just pick up my PP and enter a code there and bang I can place and pick up calls on my PP, while I plug the Classic for charging, and even my Classic is now no more able to place and receive calls, I still can use all data services, including WhatsApp or BBM calls or email or webbrowsing...

It can be done, but I don't know if carriers in the US or wherever offer this - in Switzerland we have two major carriers who do, and on mine I could have up to 5 sim cards for the same number for only 5 bucks each in addition to the plan I have per card...

Go ask the carriers in your country.. good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Interesting and yes that would be cool
    03-12-17 06:36 PM
    In theory it's possible... but in practice most carriers won't allow it.

First reason is profitability: if you are allowed to have the same account on multiple sims, they would lose revenues on people subscribing to multiple lines.

Also it's a security hazard: it would mean that someone else could have your account, and receive your text messages. Nowadays with two factors authentication using SMS, it's a hazard
    The first reason I fully agree and can understand it about profitability. But the fact that they won't do it here and it can be done elsewhere with other companies makes me wonder.

There should be a balance between convenience for the customers and profitability for the company. At least that's an ideal for everyone hopefully.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-12-17 at 07:41 PM.
    03-12-17 06:39 PM
    I recently went to a Share Everything month to month because my 2 year contract ended a year ago. Supposedly I can add another "line" but can I just get another sim with the same number to use in my other device so I do not have to keep swapping the same sim into devices, and just share the data, etc?
    Nope I wish! Each device whether it's a phone or tablet or router requires a separate line on a separate sim with a tele# attached to it. It costs 10$ month add on to datashare with a device like a tablet for example but still requires a sim with a number attached to it.They dont clone Sims.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    05-10-17 05:08 AM
    Nope I wish! Each device whether it's a phone or tablet or router requires a separate line on a separate sim with a tele# attached to it. It costs 10$ month add on to datashare with a device like a tablet for example but still requires a sim with a number attached to it.They dont clone Sims.
    You have to wonder why when you get a new phone they destroy the old Sim card in front of your eyes and throw it away when you trade in your older device. Maybe that means it might still work ha ha but they simply don't want it to.
    05-11-17 09:43 AM
    SIM cards do get old, newer generation sim cards have the most prl info,network info,and network provisioning coding.
    05-11-17 10:04 AM