Dear guys,

My brother gave me his bb torch a few weeks ago, it worked. I put it in my collection but didn't use or anything because I use my Bold 9900 so it wasn't needed.

Now I wanted to take a look at the torch but it wont start. It only gives the red led indicator in the corner but nothing else. When I plug it in to my pc, the red light starts blinking and then my pc recognizes the phone but as soon as the light goes out it won't anymore. Then when the red light goes again the phone is recognized for a second again. Tried charging it for a night, tried the battery of my own 9810 but nothing worked. Anybody familiar with this problem or is there a solution??
    03-08-17 08:51 AM
    Did your brother say what happened to the phone?

That it was reconized for a moment by the PC... is good. You might try reloading the OS. Start here http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/
    03-08-17 09:26 AM

That it was reconized for a moment by the PC... is good. You might try reloading the OS. Start here http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/
    Thanks I'll try. Ps. The phone was fully functioning when he gave it to me..
    03-08-17 10:09 AM
    You got to be sure that the battery is working, i.e. taking a charge.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-08-17 11:38 AM
    You got to be sure that the battery is working, i.e. taking a charge.

Posted from my  Passport
    Tested it in my own Torch, working...
    03-08-17 01:25 PM

Tried reloading the os, looked like it went well however halfway in it says cant connect to jvm check if phone is well connected and fill in password if needed. So I'm stuck again..
    03-08-17 03:48 PM
    One more thing I would try is removing the ROM/OS from computer, then download/reinstall the ROM/OS in the computer again, then try another OS reload, after removing the Vendor.xml file of course.
    BTW, sometime I had to try reloading the OS several times. Similar to your situation, it was loading halfway then just stuck there or could not connect.
    03-08-17 08:43 PM
    One more thing I would try is removing the ROM/OS from computer, then download/reinstall the ROM/OS in the computer again, then try another OS reload, after removing the Vendor.xml file of course.
    BTW, sometime I had to try reloading the OS several times. Similar to your situation, it was loading halfway then just stuck there or could not connect.
    Thanks, I will try.
    03-09-17 01:27 AM
    Hi! I decided to just post here instead of beginning a new thread.

So I tried the advices you guys gave me, I also kept searching for more info for a long time and kept trying to reload the os. Now I’m still here with a black screen and nothing more than a blinking led. Also BBSAK and BBHTOOL don’t recognize the Torch. For the RIM Apploader I can’t get past the “Reconnecting to JVM” part as it just gets stuck there over and over.

So now is there any other page I can look at or someone who recently fixed this issue on a BB OS phone?

Thanks already.
    01-28-18 11:56 AM