Here is what mine says right now....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 99009900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488091204.987606.jpg
    02-26-17 12:35 AM
    Hey thanks for the links !
    Already have 2 of your last options.

When I put the battery on in doesn't show anything on the readout ( it should show the level of power remaining )
    When plugged into wall it doesn't do anything.
    ( I kept it in all night to make sure )

Also in device there is no red led or anything else happening.

Btw , battery was 2011.
    Had it for a year.
    Last option is to try the Blackberry external charger together with a higher power adapter, such as the 1300 mAh Passport charging nut or the 1800 mAh Playbook adapter. The charging nut which came with your 9900 is not powerful enough in this case and the wall adapter with movable pins is 600 mAh at most, which is weaker than the 9900 charging nut.

If the phone did not show red led when you try to charge it with the battery inside, it could mean that the phone is trying to restart, as when you do a battery pull, but the battery did not hold enough power for it to start booting up. A dead battery for me is when you put it into the phone and connect the phone to the charger, the phone shows a constant red led as long as it is on the charger. It is the same as when the phone is connect to the charger without a battery inside.

However, if you haven't got a higher power charger adapter, buying a new JM1 could be cheaper, especially if the dead JM1 is non revivable.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-26-17 07:48 AM
    Yep, strange. the PRD is 39473-101 which is the AT&T 9900 model RDE70UW which is correct for the 9900, but would like to find the built on date. Would searching the SKU number help?

Great to have it powered up and activated by the way...missed this little "powerhouse"
    Frehley, did you buy from this guy on eBay US: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...IAAOSwHoFXrQiy

Or can you check the label on the box to see if the corners of the label is square or rounded?
    If it is rounded as the one in the link, it could very well be a re-box phone and the label is not original and there may not be a production date available on it for obvious reason. All Blackberry, or at least for the 9900, labels have square (or sharp as some would say) corner, including the carrier models.

The original AT&T 9900 box would have the label covering for most of the length of the box side, not leaving top and bottom as the one in the link above.

02-26-17 08:12 AM
    Silly question, but...

Can you use a 9900 with no battery inside at all? Just plug it into charger and keep it there?

Yes, I know I could try it and find out, but it's a cold day and I don't want to crawl out of bed to check it. LOL
    02-26-17 11:27 AM
    Silly question, but...

Can you use a 9900 with no battery inside at all? Just plug it into charger and keep it there?

Yes, I know I could try it and find out, but it's a cold day and I don't want to crawl out of bed to check it. LOL
    Good question, I will try later this afternoon and see.

I think I was able to do that with the car charger for my Motorola 650 Flip back in 1997.
    02-26-17 11:38 AM
    Silly question, but...

You'll get a red led and that's about it. The phone won't start.
    02-26-17 11:48 AM
    Frehley, did you buy from this guy on eBay US: NEW in Box BlackBerry Bold 9900 8gb Black (AT&T) 4G Smartphone Touchscreen GSM | eBay

Or can you check the label on the box to see if the corners of the label is square or rounded?
    If it is rounded as the one in the link, it could very well be a re-box phone and the label is not original and there may not be a production date available on it for obvious reason. All Blackberry, or at least for the 9900, labels have square (or sharp as some would say) corner, including the carrier models.

The original AT&T 9900 box would have the label covering for most of the length of the box side, not leaving top and bottom as the one in the link above.

That is the seller that I purchased it from. I also did the "BUYR" and it must be a refurb...talk time was 12 hours. I'm thinking of complaining since I don't believe that it is "New". Opinions?
    02-26-17 12:08 PM
    That is the seller that I purchased it from. I also did the "BUYR" and it must be a refurb...talk time was 12 hours. I'm thinking of complaining since I don't believe that it is "New". Opinions?
    Hmm well 12 hours is practically nothing but yeah, it's not "Brand New" I guess.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-26-17 04:37 PM
    You'll get a red led and that's about it. The phone won't start.
    Correct. All I got was the red solid light, then it went out in about 20 seconds and the device would not turn on no matter what I tried.

The 9900/9930 needs a battery to function properly. Or perhaps even a depleted battery but plugged in at the same time.

02-26-17 04:56 PM
    Yep, 12 hours is practically nothing, it IS sweet and using OS7 is a dream...and a trip back in time. And I a loving it!

Still feel that it is not what was advertised.
    02-26-17 06:24 PM
    Frehley, did you buy from this guy on eBay US: NEW in Box BlackBerry Bold 9900 8gb Black (AT&T) 4G Smartphone Touchscreen GSM | eBay

Thanks for the info. The label covers about 3/4 of the side of the box and has rounded corners. The box is an AT&T box...same looking box as when I got the original 9900.

I'm guessing that it is a refurb.
    02-26-17 06:30 PM
    Correct. All I got was the red solid light, then it went out in about 20 seconds and the device would not turn on no matter what I tried.

The 9900/9930 needs a battery to function properly. Or perhaps even a depleted battery but plugged in at the same time.

That's too bad. I have an old laptop with no battery. It works just fine plugged in. I wonder if a 9900 with a dead battery can still be used while docked in a charge port. Perhaps with speakers on for music or calls.
    02-26-17 07:20 PM
    That's too bad. I have an old laptop with no battery. It works just fine plugged in. I wonder if a 9900 with a dead battery can still be used while docked in a charge port. Perhaps with speakers on for music or calls.
    I would assume so.

I know that I hate Rechargeable shavers that cannot be used when the battery depletes, plugging in should override the battery.
    02-26-17 07:37 PM
    I'm not liking the site redesign. I know I'll get used to it, but it's a little light on contrast, and has that simple design reminiscent of the change when hotmail turned into outlook.com. I still miss the old hotmail.

*grouch, grouch*
    02-26-17 07:40 PM
    I'm not liking the site redesign. I know I'll get used to it, but it's a little light on contrast, and has that simple design reminiscent of the change when hotmail turned into outlook.com. I still miss the old hotmail.

*grouch, grouch*
    I'm not affected, I use the CB apps
    02-26-17 07:55 PM
    Me too. Can't stand the Web version - too slow, too full of apps, wacky design. Thank goodness for the crackberry app on bbw!
    02-26-17 08:06 PM
    Well I just took a look at the web version off Safari and I really don't notice anything different, when exactly are my supposed to be looking for here?
    02-26-17 08:07 PM
    Ah ok Shus I see what you mean. I didn't click "Desktop" mode off Safari at first.....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488161414.182700.jpg
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-26-17 08:10 PM
    I'm not affected, I use the CB apps
    Yeeessss, 99% percent of use CrackBerry Forums is via the Tapatalk on the 9900. Way more clear. only sometimes not every photo as a attachment display proper.
    02-27-17 01:29 AM

*grouch, grouch*
    Same here. Really despise the ugly, flat, sharp corner, low contrast pastel, etc page design dominating EVERYthing these days.

CB is all screwed up on Opera Mini, now. You'd think a site called "CrackBerry" might show some deference to efficiency on a BlackBerry. Lol. I've NEVER used a forum app. Guess it's time to start.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-27-17 02:02 AM
    Same here. Really despise the ugly, flat, sharp corner, low contrast pastel, etc page design dominating EVERYthing these days.

CB is all screwed up on Opera Mini, now. You'd think a site called "CrackBerry" might show some deference to efficiency on a BlackBerry. Lol. I've NEVER used a forum app. Guess it's time to start.
    The app really is good Steve, you need to get it while you can. The printing is big everything is easy to read it's clear it's very fast I think you'll like it very much. Give it a shot. I set my forum views to 40 threads a page and I have no problems with Lag or loading or anything.

But be warned you have five attempts to login and if you screw up you got to wait 15 minutes each time. That wasn't fun for me when I kept changing my password for whatever reason and I had a heck of a time, but it's all good now
    02-27-17 02:23 AM
    Haha... yep, just never wanted to dedicate precious ram to a forum app when browser did what I wanted... oh well... lol.
    02-27-17 03:32 AM
    You know what, I'm thinking this retro 3310 Nokia is going to be a huge huge hit! I think that BlackBerry needed to do a 9900 retro or even an 8530 or something like this Nokia. I already know two women that want one and the price is definitely right at $50!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=HXm4n5apHuA

I can't help but feel like BlackBerry kind of missed the boat on this.
    02-27-17 03:04 PM
    The 3310 will flop badly if brought to North America in its current state. The reason? No 3g. Half the USA major carriers can't even use 2g anymore. The 3310 would be a paperweight.

Put 3g on it (who cares about 4g) and you'll have a winner. Or heck, even the nokia 230.

There are feature phones with 3g, and they are dirt cheap, too. Why not these Nokias?
    02-27-17 07:11 PM
    The 3310 will flop badly if brought to North America in its current state. The reason? No 3g. Half the USA major carriers can't even use 2g anymore. The 3310 would be a paperweight.

Put 3g on it (who cares about 4g) and you'll have a winner. Or heck, even the nokia 230.

There are feature phones with 3g, and they are dirt cheap, too. Why not these Nokias?
    I don't think they would release it in Canada if it was painfully slow? A lot of people in the USA they can't even get H plus speeds on the 9900 but I have no problems in Canada.

I think it will be a hit because for the same reason I got a 9900 basically I got fed up with all the notifications on the iPhone a year ago and needed a break and every couple months I take a break and pop the Sim back into the 9900. But my blackberry 9900 is a smart phone compared to that 3310, in fact it's like a supercomputer compared to the 3310 so yeah I still get A lot of notifications but people want simplicity sometimes. Plus the price of this Nokia at $50 people are going to buy these just because they can in the colour they want, they will use it as a work phone and not care if they drop it in a bucket of paint or off of a ladder etc.

Retro seems to be big and I think that's part of the reason we still like a 9900 but yeah our devices are way more advanced but a lot of people I know just want a basic simple phone.

I have no idea what speeds they're capable of in North America, especially Canada but it will be interesting to find out. When are these things hitting the show rooms anyway?

Edit: but also consider that these phones are not designed to be serious browser phones so they don't need a lot of speed, they're just basically phone calls and texting.
    02-28-17 12:36 AM
8,754 ... 191192193194195 ...