Hi, do you read books on your Passport? What's the best e-reader? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Amazon Kindle!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 11:09 PM
    Hehe you trust the brand??? Hahaha! Joke of the day!!!
    You know thats a TCL phone? You know what BB did with all its users?!?!...wont start to bash BB because its too easy hehe.

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Hahahaha.... BlackBerry is committed to bb10,

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 01:18 AM
    I am so not going to get a KEyone. Period. There are various reasons to do so and not to do so. Ok, Passport isn't so good when it comes to camera, but I can pay less for an iPhone SE and get bunches of apps, which I don't really need. And it is NOT a BlackBerry, it is a TCL product. Employees for hardware design had been laid off after the Priv was launched. Where and how in the world do they get staff to do any disigning? What I am about to do is wait and see those Android-based so-called BlackBerry devices fail and switch to iOS. PKB? It is a good memory.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 01:53 AM
    I'm waiting for the K2, with a wider keyboard

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 01:56 AM
    Yeah...I'd get one. Despite my absolute love and dedication to bb10, I'm having to compromise too much. I was so dead against Blackdroid phones but after seeing the KEYone, it's the best compromise I can get.

Although going from bolds/q10's 4 row to a ppse 3 row was a bit weird...only to now go BACK to a 4 row...!!!

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    02-27-17 02:42 AM
    Won't bother buying one. Aust pricing listed as $799 - crazily overpriced.
    This. And phone is too tall, compared to Passport.

I'll stick with Passport, suits me fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 05:33 AM
    To answer OP, I absolutely love the style of KO! I'm telling everyone that it is in the style called Art Deco which was a style started in France 1920's. It is a beautiful phone to look at for one. I like that it seems like everyone who has handled it are saying how nicely it can be handled one handed. But I'm a power type'r who has to have both thumbs going. Plus the specs seem adequate to me especially when it's noted that the battery life is improved by the chip. I don't game and don't typically stream a lot. The fast charge is as I've learned with my Nexus 6 is an awesome function and that the chip increases download! My goodness it sounds like a power house. Too many beleive Specs decide it all but the specs in Priv are better but Priv is notorious for sluggishness. So nix the idea Specs say anything. The screen is same as Passport. I agree that OS10 is unequaled. Especially with HUB dedicated and built into its own permanent screen on OS10. I put HUB and Apps on my Nexus6 and don't like that it doesn't have its own dedicated screen. The USB.C sounds sweet, never had it and had to look it up to understand it. As far as pkb, when Passport came out the concern was the extra wide pkb, but everyone adapted so now let's not do the reverse on KO and say it's too narrow!! The KO pkb with short and long press short cuts is a nice new feature to the pkb as are the numbers added so the virtual numbers are clogging up screen when typing. The camera is a show stopper for BB if it is as good as stated and should stop the incessant purist from saying BB camera's are never good enough. That has to stop now. I had a Priv for a hot minute, and didn't use it long enough to note how Baked in BB is in its version of Android but it beleive as some are saying that the KO is the ideal jumping off phone in the transition from hardcore OS10 to (I'll call it) BB-Android because it really is BB's take on Android. The finger print scanner is located so very conveniently and the reviewers say it is super fast which I'm looking forward too. I will buy one as soon as an unlocked version arrives on the shore of USA and I can't say which will be my daily phone, Passport or KO but it's going to be fun figuring it out!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-27-17 05:50 AM
    Lol- fake news. That was the most boring phone ever released. Thin short screen meaning terrible reading quality and bad game viewing and play... for the price I'm wondering what the justification of the high price is.

Non removable battery??? BlackBerry has forgotten what made it great.

And I repeat, last gen specs. It's a blackberry device, stop trying to divorce it. This device is the future of blackberry and TCL was aided by blackberry in design. Fail! Android cannot save blackberry and too bad blackberry cannot stay the course. Blackberry needs to return to scale and get back to the drawing board. Chen is destroying this company. BB10 can be niche and fallback device. There's room and market for it if blackberry is willing to tinker with their pricing structure. Sacrifice profit for market share.

Posted via CB10
    My goodness, you really don't understand battery, the KO with a single charge should run close to the Passport a day and a half! On top of that with the newest super charge, which is, if it's as good, supposed to be better than Nexus 6 I have, it should go from15% to fully charged in 30 minutes!!! Who cares about the battery?? If you are a constant traveler, the quick charge is for real and if a wall outlet or car charger aren't always readily available you can use an external battery/charger. But I've found the quick charge on Nexus 6 is fantastic so the newer on KO should be absolutely amazing.
    02-27-17 06:02 AM
    I'm excited for it. Honestly the biggest pluses for me and my current passport have been the battery (my biggest plus as I'm a heavy user and don't want to have to charge throughout the day), the screen size which I think this is more than adequate and they keyboard.

The keyboard looks really nice. I ran with a classic for awhile and if it would have been slightly faster with a bigger screen I would have kept going with it. Well, this is basically that. Plus apps.

Do I need most of those apps? Not really. But if I can get the best of both worlds than I'm all in.

I've said it a few times and I think they hit a homerun for a pkb device with a huge battery and decent enough specs.

Posted via CB10
    From power saving screen to power saving core chip to super quick charge! If someone can't keep the KO running they probably stabbed it with screw driver! This phones reeks of endless battery! I can tell everyone from hands on with my Nexus 6, quick charge if for real and with KO having the better faster quick charge it will probably go from 15% to 99% charge in 20-30 minutes!! I can go from 30% to 85% on my Nexus 6 in 30 minutes.
    02-27-17 06:09 AM
    im kinda excited.. if I can only migrate some of my files and apps special the my be maps pro and my accountant app which is my most used app honestly to the people who criticizing it for having 625 instead of 820 loooool get facts first before complaining. if ur specs hog dont buy BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Google maps now works like a premium app with downloadable areas and use less data when traversing that area, and it can be quite a large area, with the KO two TB possible in storage it can save offline lots and lots of square miles of map to save on data!
    Oscar SSM likes this.
    02-27-17 06:26 AM
    While there's some boasting about that battery, do note the specs are 3450 vs 3505 mAh in favour of the KEYone, do the math, it's about 1% difference I think. That is probably even within manufacturing variance. On the KEYone side, it drives a lower power midrange CPU and a smaller display, but on the other hand, I'll be that good ol' Android OS sucks up a wee bit more power than BB10. For a good comparison, check out Moto Z Play which has very similar specs, they are claiming ~50hrs and some people are hitting that mark I think.
    It isn't Android that causes short battery life! I own a Google Nexus 6 and can attest that it's battery life is almost as good as my Passport! If the newer faster Quick Charge on KO is faster than what's on my Nexus 6, (goes from 30% to 85% in 30 minutes!) KO will be better than Passport in battery life and recharge ability by leaps and bounds!
    02-27-17 06:34 AM
    Not at all. There are many websites that only work properly if you have an iPhone user agent.
    Thank's to Cobalt, I have Firefox and Dolphin Browser's on my Passport. Dolphin has ability to mimic desktop, iPhone, etc. But I've never had a webpage that BB Browser couldn't render!
    02-27-17 06:42 AM
    There is nothing wrong with Android stop putting it down
    if BB10 is so great why isn't it taking centre stage
    Because no one, outside of BlackBerry Community , was knowing about it;s existence.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10 Apps #ILoveBB10
    02-27-17 06:46 AM
    While there's some boasting about that battery, do note the specs are 3450 vs 3505 mAh in favour of the KEYone, do the math, it's about 1% difference I think. That is probably even within manufacturing variance. On the KEYone side, it drives a lower power midrange CPU and a smaller display, but on the other hand, I'll be that good ol' Android OS sucks up a wee bit more power than BB10. For a good comparison, check out Moto Z Play which has very similar specs, they are claiming ~50hrs and some people are hitting that mark I think.
    Man O Man! The quick charge is for real, no reason why you couldn't go from 10% to 50% in fifteen minutes! The quick charge on my Nexus 6 is my first experience with it and it is for real and does what it says it can do and the KO has a faster version! People here are thinking about batteries in the the old way! From everything I've been able to read about KO, BB did everything to squeeze battery life out of it! From screen construction to the chip, it all screams fuel saver to the max! And as far as Android being accused of killing battery life, bull! My Nexus 6 runs almost as long as my Passport!
    02-27-17 06:49 AM
    This is basically how I feel. I still think the Passport is the best phone I've ever used, but the app gap is killing me. Not getting Facebook Messenger notifications is killing me. It'll need to be replaced eventually, and this looks like the best option if I want something with comparable battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Using you desktop/laptop configure FB to email notifications or shell out the paltry amount for face10 which I recently did for HUB integration, I still was browser based FB mainly but Face10 is the icing on the cake. Face10 is still active and just got an update very recently.
    02-27-17 06:56 AM
    Because no one, outside of BlackBerry Community , was knowing about it;s existence.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10 Apps #ILoveBB10
    To be fair, the million people who bought and returned their Z10s knew about it.

Apps, apps, apps.
    02-27-17 06:58 AM
    Using you desktop/laptop configure FB to email notifications or shell out the paltry amount for face10 which I recently did for HUB integration, I still was browser based FB mainly but Face10 is the icing on the cake. Face10 is still active and just got an update very recently.
    I've bought both Face10 and Messenger and have given up on both. Having to keep reinstalling the apps to keep hub integration working was getting annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 07:49 AM
    Someone asked for an android browser with a reader mode.

Why so angry? Enjoy life.
    Chrome has a reader mode..? Couldn't find it on my dtek50...

I installed 'Fastest Mini Browser' by XMan, works great has a night mode and even you can block pics

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:54 AM
    Chrome has a reader mode..? Couldn't find it on my dtek50...

I installed 'Fastest Mini Browser' by XMan, works great has a night mode and even you can block pics

Posted via CB10
    It does. You have to go to the flags screen to enable it - but there it is. After that, just tap a bar at the bottom of the browser.
    02-27-17 10:11 AM
    It does. You have to go to the flags screen to enable it - but there it is. After that, just tap a bar at the bottom of the browser.
    Cannot find it have a German edition though. You don’t have to logged into google, right?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 10:48 AM
    Cannot find it have a German edition though. You don’t have to logged into google, right?

Posted via CB10
    Type "chrome://flags" without the quotes. Then search for reader mode triggering. Select "always".
    02-27-17 10:54 AM
    Type "chrome://flags" without the quotes. Then search for reader mode triggering. Select "always".
    Thanks found it, again I see how good BlackBerry 's own browser on OS10 is...

For the K1 it would totally make sence to have the BlackBerry browser adopted into android

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:11 AM
    I am getting a K1.. My 2 issues will be the cramped KB (compared to the PP) and the height of the device..

I am sure I'll adjust to the KB but the K1 is a tall phone.. Not sure I'll dig that part of it..
    02-27-17 11:18 AM
    I loved BlackBerry KEYone but, it is a bit too tall, BlackBerry should have opted for a 4:3 ratio screen instead of a 3:2 one.

As BlackBerry had used a 3:2 screen its height has increased, and the mobile pops out of the pocket, it is taller than most 5 or 5.2 inch phones.

Excep this I love every aspect of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:33 AM
    Hope BlackBerry releases a next gen BlackBerry Passport both in Android and BlackBerry 10, and Windows 10 if possible.

With the same screen size, but should reduce the width of the phone by 5 mm, doesn't matter if it's height increases by 10 mm.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:35 AM
569 ... 23456 ...