Any plans to bring Blaq to andriod? This app is sweet and would love to see it on a fully capable twitter code. I know the BlackBerry twitter app is limited, I'd love to see this design and fluidity on Android.

Posted via CB10
    The 3rd party Twitter API's are the same for every OS, be that smartphone, laptop or desktop. So whatever limits there are now in Blaq will also be there on Android.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-31-17 at 04:13 PM.
    01-31-17 03:50 PM
    I've been debating it for a long while now. The more and more people are asking, the more I have to consider it.

Continuing to hear it helps, a lot.
    Well I don't see nothing like it on andriod, I'm sure people who already bought it on bb10 wouldn't mind buying it on andriod as well, I just love the design man. It's well made. I'd love to see it compete with the native twitter on andriod. Obviously it would be a lot of work I'm sure but hey its just another way to bring BlackBerry esq into andriod and possibly influence more people to try BlackBerry in the first place. It'd be an opportunity to improve on things you may have wanted to from the ground up and incorporate core BlackBerry features. Like for example, using the 'o' to get to my profile, m for mentions, d for direct messages..aint NOBODY doing that haha. People would really appreciate that and obviously drive more people towards BlackBerry.

Regardless I appreciate the work you put in and your continued support on bb10. Cause Blaq on my passport is crispy. Salute

Posted via CB10
    jcarty likes this.
    02-01-17 10:55 AM
    I would definitely purchase it on Android. It's a great fluid app that has always had excellent support. Thank you for continuing to support BB10.
    02-02-17 03:46 PM
    Is Blaq still being supported? Sent tweet messages to both Blaq and developer but never got a sign of life.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 08:07 AM
    Is Blaq still being supported? Sent tweet messages to both Blaq and developer but never got a sign of life.

Posted via CB10
    Being supported here and via email, for the time being.

What's up?
    02-11-17 01:26 PM
    Thanks for this. I am having some issues with the original Twitter for BlackBerry 10 app and am being thrown between BlackBerry Help and Twitter, neither of them claiming to be responsible for the app...
    Hence I am now considering alternatives, in particular Blaq.
    Some of the issues I am experiencing:
    - tweets where images do not appear in-line on the BB app but do appear fine on BB for iOS, Android, Mac app, Windows app, or web browser. In addition, I notice that when I tweet with images on my BB device through the BB app, these display in-line. When I tweet fron any other app (e.g. iOS or Android) the images are not displayed in-line on the BB app. Instead, one gets a web link, which is pretty annoying.
    - no support for long direct messages. Instead, a web link.
    - not possible to upload video directly via the BB app.

Is this different / solved when using Blaq?
    Thanks for your feedback.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 02:22 AM
    Thanks for this. I am having some issues with the original Twitter for BlackBerry 10 app and am being thrown between BlackBerry Help and Twitter, neither of them claiming to be responsible for the app...
    Hence I am now considering alternatives, in particular Blaq.
    Some of the issues I am experiencing:
    - tweets where images do not appear in-line on the BB app but do appear fine on BB for iOS, Android, Mac app, Windows app, or web browser. In addition, I notice that when I tweet with images on my BB device through the BB app, these display in-line. When I tweet fron any other app (e.g. iOS or Android) the images are not displayed in-line on the BB app. Instead, one gets a web link, which is pretty annoying.
    - no support for long direct messages. Instead, a web link.
    - not possible to upload video directly via the BB app.

Is this different / solved when using Blaq?
    Thanks for your feedback.

Posted via CB10
    1) This works fine on Blaq. You can upload and view multiple images. On the BB app, if you see a link, it's either a quoted tweet or a tweet with multiple images.
    2) Long direct message support is available. The full message is displayed and you are able to send your own long direct message. However, group direct messages are not supported due to lack of API support.
    3) Video upload is not supported.

Hope this helps!
    02-22-17 02:26 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply. Looks like I should give Blaq a try!

Posted via CB10
    jcarty likes this.
    02-22-17 02:45 AM
    Easily the best twitter app for BlackBerry still with great dev support.

Posted via CB10
    jcarty likes this.
    02-22-17 08:20 AM
    So one thing I always wondered: How is Blaq getting around the tokens limit for third party Twitter apps? Or are there really fewer than 100,000 people using it?
    02-25-17 04:35 PM
    So one thing I always wondered: How is Blaq getting around the tokens limit for third party Twitter apps? Or are there really fewer than 100,000 people using it?
    Still fewer than 100k users. Not far from it, though.
    02-25-17 06:06 PM
    Still fewer than 100k users. Not far from it, though.
    Dang, so if it *did* come to Android it would just go the same way as all my previous favourites...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:20 AM
    Based on the information here, I purchased the app and installed it on my Passport SE. Here are some impressions after a few days use.
    Personally I find the interface less intuitive than the original Twitter for BB10 app. Also, the original app has less visual clutter and looks much cleaner. Images in tweets show less well on Blaq: either too small, or too big, or not completely etc.
    On the up side, Blaq does display tweets with multiple embedded images (on the original app you get a web link instead).
    But, contrary to what was stated earlier, Blaq does not display long messages in DM. Worse, there is not even a web link where such messages can be read (unlike with the original app). That is very poor and needs urgent overhaul.
    Another observation is that tweets in the main feed do not display the number of retweets or favorites they have received.
    What is neat, however, is the ability to schedule tweets for sending.
    I do hope an update is in the works to address these and other issues!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:35 PM
    Dang, so if it *did* come to Android it would just go the same way as all my previous favourites...

Posted via CB10
    Likely.
    02-26-17 04:37 PM
    Based on the information here, I purchased the app and installed it on my Passport SE. Here are some impressions after a few days use.
    Personally I find the interface less intuitive than the original Twitter for BB10 app. Also, the original app has less visual clutter and looks much cleaner. Images in tweets show less well on Blaq: either too small, or too big, or not completely etc.
    On the up side, Blaq does display tweets with multiple embedded images (on the original app you get a web link instead).
    But, contrary to what was stated earlier, Blaq does not display long messages in DM. Worse, there is not even a web link where such messages can be read (unlike with the original app). That is very poor and needs urgent overhaul.
    Another observation is that tweets in the main feed do not display the number of retweets or favorites they have received.

Posted via CB10
    It's should definitely show extended direct messages. Do you have an example (that you can post privately or publicly) that shows the issue?

The UI excluded retweets and favorite counts in favor of a cleaner design. So it's not an issue as much as it was intentional.

There are many other features that make it worthwhile. Let me know if you have any questions!
    02-26-17 04:40 PM
    Could you possibly allow us to change the color scheme? The green and black is nice but I'd like to try blue. Can't be that hard, right?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    The official Twitter app shows multiple embedded images just fine for me, no Web link, just right in the app.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    02-26-17 11:48 PM
    That is interesting! On the BB 10 Twitter app some tweets with multiple images do not show inline and get a weblink instead. The funny thing is that, based on further testing, the app does show tweets containing multiple images fine if they were sent via the BB 10 app. Similar tweets but sent from the Twitter for iPad, Twitter for Mac, Twitter for Windows, Twitter for Android, or Twitter on web, do not show the images inline but a web link instead. It was the major issue I have been experiencing with the BB 10 app (apart from not allowing extended DM messages).
    How could that be explained?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 12:48 AM
    That is interesting! On the BB 10 Twitter app some tweets with multiple images do not show inline and get a weblink instead. The funny thing is that, based on further testing, the app does show tweets containing multiple images fine if they were sent via the BB 10 app. Similar tweets but sent from the Twitter for iPad, Twitter for Mac, Twitter for Windows, Twitter for Android, or Twitter on web, do not show the images inline but a web link instead. It was the major issue I have been experiencing with the BB 10 app (apart from not allowing extended DM messages).
    How could that be explained?

Posted via CB10
    There's also a newer feature called "extended tweets" which was just introduced months ago. It allows Twitter users to make better use of those 140 characters. Mentions to other users are not counted towards the total amount of characters. Nor are links at the very end of tweets. However, if a legacy client does read the tweet, it is presented with a link to the full tweet since it doesn't know how to handle it.

Blaq takes care of this for you transparently.
    djbclark likes this.
    02-27-17 12:50 AM
    That could of course be part of the problem but even tweets clearly falling within the old character limit but containing four images do not show inline on the original app if they were not sent from that app. Could it be that something else was changed, and that all the official Twitter apps were updated but not the one for BB 10?

Sent from BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    02-27-17 12:55 AM
    It's should definitely show extended direct messages. Do you have an example (that you can post privately or publicly) that shows the issue?
    Checked again my DM messages and must confirm what I stated. Where could I send you some examples?

02-27-17 12:57 AM
    That could of course be part of the problem but even tweets clearly falling within the old character limit but containing four images do not show inline on the original app if they were not sent from that app. Could it be that something else was changed, and that all the official Twitter apps were updated but not the one for BB 10?

It's possible. There was an old way and is a new way of uploading photos to Twitter and maybe the BB10 app is still the only app uploading them the incorrect way.
    02-27-17 12:57 AM
    Checked again my DM messages and must confirm what I stated. Where could I send you some examples?

PM me with links to any screenshots and I'll have a look.
    02-27-17 12:58 AM
    Now that we are talking about images appearing inline in tweets, there is another thing I wanted to ask. On Twitter for iPad or Windows, one very often sees the heading of an article link that one ia tweeting. Like a small preview of some sort, automatically embedded in the tweet. That does not seem to be the case on Blaq. Would that be a possibility as it offers richer content in the tweet feed?

02-27-17 01:00 AM
    This is a great twitter app but I find myself accidentally triggering the left/right tweet action menus. Is it just me or does anyone else have this as well?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 12:24 PM
1,992 ... 7475767778 ...