View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks for the update, I'm interested in this one too. If you had to compare it to the size, weight and feel of a Z30 how would you rate it? I can't wait to see one of these, it's so good that I'm willing to carry two phones around for another year, I need a dual sim phone but this thing is worth buying for me.
    Thanks to all of you guys for sacrificing your time to be there in person, must be a terrible thing looking at a new #KEYone and all the other cool stuff!

A shout out to Corbu for the videos too, looks awesome!
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-26-17 08:51 AM
    rarsen, Greened, alludba and 4 others like this.
    02-26-17 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the update, I'm interested in this one too. If you had to compare it to the size, weight and feel of a Z30 how would you rate it? I can't wait to see one of these, it's so good that I'm willing to carry two phones around for another year, I need a dual sim phone but this thing is worth buying for me.
    Thanks to all of you guys for sacrificing your time to be there in person, must be a terrible thing looking at a new #KEYone and all the other cool stuff!

A shout out to Corbu for the videos too, looks awesome!
    It was horrible , simply horrible

The biggest thing I took away from its build and feel, and something I've never said in all my BlackBerry years...
    This phone was made to be used naked!
    02-26-17 11:15 AM
    Watch BlackBerry's KEYone event in under 5 minutes

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/26/...2017-supercut/
    02-26-17 11:54 AM
    Can I be wulf of the year?
    That's permanent, Wulfy !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-26-17 at 12:40 PM.
    morganplus8 and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-26-17 12:25 PM
    This phone was made to be used naked!
    And then you said that to a BlackBerry Mobile VP (among other things we discussed, with a similar reaction).
    Guess what : you guys may even find this in a future marketing campaign.

These guys are here with an obsession in mind : perpetuate BlackBerry DNA and inject innovation and modernity.
    And they want to learn from the user base; no BS preformed marketing answer : if you raise a question, they seem genuinely interested and willing to deepen, enlarge ... simply consider it.
    I've not seen this at this level for years.

You'll then guess why I'm so excited.
    There's a NEW BlackBerry in town. A ship with a new engine, willing to fight and rally.

New era, (my) new tag : #BlackBerryCrew !
    Let's hoist the sails !!!

SF
    02-26-17 12:39 PM
    And then you said that to a BlackBerry Mobile VP (among other things we discussed, with a similar reaction).

Hmmm...I can imagine it now: "KEYone - let's go naked!"
    02-26-17 03:08 PM
    I'll tend to a "bear hands" something
    02-26-17 04:52 PM
    "We'll compete directly with Apple and Samsung," he said, pointing to the top two smartphone makers in the world. TCL will start by taking the KEYone directly to BlackBerry customers, who number about 275 million globally.
    After that, BlackBerry will market to consumers who are in the bring-your-own-device market, he said. TCL makes televisions sold in the U.S., but is largely unknown there.
    TCL also makes lower-cost Alcatel smartphones sold in the U.S., but the KEYone will be a higher-priced flagship brand, he said.
    "We have to go after Samsung," he said. "It's not going to be easy, but it's a viable opportunity."

Back to the future: BlackBerry KEYone launches with physical keyboard - CIO New Zealand
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    02-26-17 06:46 PM
    From the same link:

Even with the hardware and software features of the new KEYone and all the security claims behind it, Cistulli conceded that the biggest challenge will be marketing the device in a crowded and competitive smartphone market.

"Marketing is the next challenge," he said. "We'll take it that we walk before we run."
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-26-17 09:05 PM

These guys are here with an obsession in mind : perpetuate BlackBerry DNA and inject innovation and modernity.
    And they want to learn from the user base; no BS preformed marketing answer : if you raise a question, they seem genuinely interested and willing to deepen, enlarge ... simply consider it.
    I've not seen this at this level for years.

You'll then guess why I'm so excited.
    There's a NEW BlackBerry in town. A ship with a new engine, willing to fight and rally.

New era, (my) new tag : #BlackBerryCrew !
    Let's hoist the sails !!!

SF
    Yeppers! Bruce was very receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in our input. It was fantastic to spend time with him , and not feel it was wasted. I expect to find our ideas used, and will hold his feet to the fire.

These are exciting times again y'all! More than the BB10 launch. I don't feel there will be a letdown when this hits the market. If anything, the KEYone will exceed most consumer expectations.
    02-26-17 11:02 PM
    GE Digital, Nokia, and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced that the companies have demonstrated a private LTE network for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market; meshing together each company’s platforms and technologies.* In addition, the companies have announced plans to further research and conduct live field trials throughout 2017 based on this demonstration, designed to help to advance the digitization of industrial processes.

I would like to see BBRY in one of these press announcement.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-27-17 07:34 AM
    02-27-17 07:52 AM
    Yeppers! Bruce was very receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in our input. It was fantastic to spend time with him , and not feel it was wasted. I expect to find our ideas used, and will hold his feet to the fire.

These are exciting times again y'all! More than the BB10 launch. I don't feel there will be a letdown when this hits the market. If anything, the KEYone will exceed most consumer expectations.
    This sounds very encouraging. Was there any discussion around the next steps for putting the 'smart' in the smartphone? In other words did they drop any hints about new software features that BlackBerry is working on? If so, timeline as to when we might see these new features?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:17 AM
    Guys, serious question : do you think we should create a separate thread like "The BlackBerry Mobile [TCL ticker] café" ? (BTW anyone with the proper ticker ?). I mean, BBRY is not about devices anymore and it could be appropriate to split thematics ... or not.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-27-17 11:03 AM
    IMHO, keep things as they are.

This way, we can centralize the information.
    02-27-17 11:09 AM
    Ok, so just to draw the countryside ...
    TCL 5 years summary.
    Note : 1 Hong Kong dollar = 0.128845 U.S. dollars

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    Corbu, rarsen, kadakn01 and 1 others like this.
    02-27-17 11:12 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Guys, serious question : do you think we should create a separate thread like "The BlackBerry Mobile [TCL ticker] café" ? (BTW anyone with the proper ticker ?). I mean, BBRY is not about devices anymore and it could be appropriate to split thematics ... or not.
    Bbry is about the stock performance... threads about actual phones are elsewhere, no?

Add: assuming anything relevant to bbry will continue to be posted here..one stop shopping

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 02-27-17 at 02:01 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    02-27-17 11:22 AM
    YUp, but could be interesting to follow TCL performance, on the stock side of things.
    They do a lot of things, including "smart devices" and from what I heard at the event, they have a huge appetite.
    It would be a good metric to compare BBRY and TCL stocks (still not sure abt the ticker) and see if there's a relation.
    morganplus8, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    02-27-17 01:26 PM
    YUp, but could be interesting to follow TCL performance, on the stock side of things.
    They do a lot of things, including "smart devices" and from what I heard at the event, they have a huge appetite.
    It would be a good metric to compare BBRY and TCL stocks (still not sure abt the ticker) and see if there's a relation.
    TCL

Don't think they are listed in Western Markets.
    They do have the Communication arm of the company broken out separately. FYI.... that portion of TCL isn't doing very good.
    02-27-17 01:38 PM
    It's an important part of BlackBerry's business now. I'm sure there is a direct correlation between the handset sales and the value of BBRY stock. Not to mention that this is an all new development for BlackBerry and something that Chen will say plenty about. Corbu and others will be posting relevant information as it hits the wire ..... I'm sure.

Leaving out TCL would be like Apple leaving out software sales.
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-27-17 01:53 PM
    This sounds very encouraging. Was there any discussion around the next steps for putting the 'smart' in the smartphone? In other words did they drop any hints about new software features that BlackBerry is working on? If so, timeline as to when we might see these new features?

Posted via CB10
    There was no mention beyond what the event brought. Again though, they were very receptive to our suggestions, of which there were many.

We were told the K2 is already in planning, but of course no details.

Should I wait for the K9? Seems that's the phone for me.
    02-27-17 02:11 PM
    Nice overview of the IP situation. The title seems a bit misleading to me, though:
    PatentVue by Envision IP

Thanks, N!
    sidhuk, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    02-27-17 02:13 PM
    Leaving out TCL would be like Apple leaving out software sales.
    In all fairness, we are talking about BlackBerry here. LOL

They have a long tradition of leaving things out... of hardware, software, launch events, FUD-busting posts, prepared statements during earnings calls, etc. You name it, they probably left something out somewhere.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-27-17 02:17 PM
    We were told the K2 is already in planning, but of course no details.

Should I wait for the K9? Seems that's the phone for me.
    If you're male and married, stay away from K-19. It's a Widowmaker).
    BigBadWulf and La Emperor like this.
    02-27-17 02:24 PM
113,256 ... 40444045404640474048 ...