I have been using my BB Z30 for almost 3 years now. It has been working fine and worry free for most of the time from the beginning. Recently however I am running more and more into low memory problems that I never had before. It all started with couple of pics last summer that a friend of mine took. I am not sure if those pictures were saved in a proper way but I was able to see them for a minute or two, however as soon as I wanted to share them with friends few minutes later those pictures would not open and message would appear that they are not compatible. Later many of the pics that I would take with my camera cannot be viewed and/or opened though they appear for a split second before the screen goes blank. So they are obviously there but something prevents me from seeing them.

Also, at the same time I am getting messages of low memory while starting my maps/gps app. Warns me that the memory is low and asks if I want to proceed, never had this before. Same with running my browser. Sometimes when it runs a page that has too much going on, it will suddenly and without warning stop, minimize and close on its own.

How possibly can I free some of my memory? Not only did I not add any additional apps before my problems started but removed a lot of them, unused apps since. Did not help at all. Is it possible that there is a conflict with many recent software updates? Anything else? Love this phone and would hate to ditch it but growing increasingly frustrated.
    02-18-17 11:44 AM
    are you saving the pictures to an SD card or internal memory?
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 11:46 AM
    I believe I am saving them to the card but honestly the set up could have changed without me realizing it. How do I check and how would this affect with what's going on?
    02-18-17 11:56 AM
    I think you would benefit from a shiny, new OS install. Make sure all your pics, documents etc are on a good, fast SD card. Do a backup of your device and then totally install a new OS using the correct autoloader for your device. You will notice a huge difference in speed and function. Every once in a while it is a good idea to do some housecleaning and your device is probably fairly dirty after 3 years. Also, this is a good time to NOT reinstall all those apps that you never used (and I know you have some). They can always be reinstalled on an "as needed basis".
    nolimits7 and Johnny Dollar like this.
    02-18-17 12:16 PM
    A simple hard reset should solve the problems. If not, indeed a fresh OS would be the best.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 12:23 PM
    I think you would benefit from a shiny, new OS install. Make sure all your pics, documents etc are on a good, fast SD card. Do a backup of your device and then totally install a new OS using the correct autoloader for your device. You will notice a huge difference in speed and function. Every once in a while it is a good idea to do some housecleaning and your device is probably fairly dirty after 3 years. Also, this is a good time to NOT reinstall all those apps that you never used (and I know you have some). They can always be reinstalled on an "as needed basis".
    I will consider reinstalling the OS if nothing else will solve my issues, but for the time being (forgot to mention it before, not sure if related) I cant even sync my phone in BB link. Cant save most of my files unless I do it somehow manually.
    02-18-17 01:10 PM
    A simple hard reset should solve the problems. If not, indeed a fresh OS would be the best.

Posted via CB10
    Tried hard reset few times, does not help/solve anything. There might be a software conflict deeply in the roots and the phone just keeps on constantly give me grief.
    02-18-17 01:12 PM
    I will consider reinstalling the OS if nothing else will solve my issues, but for the time being (forgot to mention it before, not sure if related) I cant even sync my phone in BB link. Cant save most of my files unless I do it somehow manually.
    Do it manually, or use Ultimate Backup from BBW.

Link is awful for backing up. It backs up corrupted settings as well.

You're better off doing a clean install with an autoloader. Then restore with Ultimate Backup.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 01:13 PM
    Tried hard reset few times, does not help/solve anything. There might be a software conflict deeply in the roots and the phone just keeps on constantly give me grief.
    Yeah, clean install would be best then.

Posted via CB10
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 01:32 PM
    in device monitor, what is showing up as using most of your memory?
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 01:45 PM
    After couple of years of solid performance I am running into problrms.-img_20170218_115507.png

Posted with my awesome Z30
    02-18-17 01:56 PM
    I believe I am saving them to the card but honestly the set up could have changed without me realizing it. How do I check and how would this affect with what's going on?
    I would remove the SD card from the phone to see if the low memory problem goes away. One of these pictures may have been corrupted. If it is the cause, you can put the SD card in a PC card reader and PC may be able to find and remove the culprit.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 04:17 PM
    I would remove the SD card from the phone to see if the low memory problem goes away. One of these pictures may have been corrupted. If it is the cause, you can put the SD card in a PC card reader and PC may be able to find and remove the culprit.
    Seems logical and reasonable enough. Will do it this weekend and see if it fixes things.

Posted with my awesome Z30
    02-18-17 08:45 PM
    It seems you how enough ram left out to run the device smoothly, but again removing the SD card may give you a path.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    02-18-17 10:09 PM