Origami served me well. But off late it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I am hardly able to play any multimedia content.

I have tried all possible combinations of User agents but to no luck. I can't go full screen on any website, YouTube included.

It fails to playback videos on most sites. Btw, these are the very same sites which worked well in the past.

Origami aside, the side loaded android browsers, lesser said the better.

Is there any work around to get Origami back on track..?
    Or may be a new browser that lets me stream media content full screen..?
    02-05-17 05:57 PM
    try i believe its called boat browser mini (android app) I've had luck with it in the past, but most likely your not going to find much that will work these days
    02-05-17 06:37 PM
    Flush the browser's cache? Turn Off Flash player support (force html5)?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 09:57 AM
    Fast Browser

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 10:04 AM
    but most likely your not going to find much that will work these days
    Very disheartening

Flush the browser's cache? Turn Off Flash player support (force html5)?
    Have tried both. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Fast Browser
    Is it still worth buying this app considering most other browsers are faltering ?
    How does it fare against Origami currently ?
    02-06-17 03:31 PM
    I believe I installed Origami since it just few weeks appeared in BlackBerry World and until now it still working well. I use it every night before bed for browsing or watch online movies.

In your case try to uninstall Origami, reboot your PlayBook and reinstall the Origami browser.

Settings:

Default user agent : PlayBook.
    Desktop mode user agent: Firefox.

Performance:
    Ad-blocking mode->Both Host Filtering& Element Hiding.

Privacy:
    Accept cookies (check)
    Allow website to use my physical location (uncheck)
    Block pop-ups (check)
    Enable web inspector (uncheck)

Click 'Three bars' on top right corner-> turn on 'DESKTOP' and 'ADBLOCK' only.

Never use 'PRIVATE' or 'BOOSTER'.

Don't worry about viruses and spams, nobody want to make a virus for PlayBook.
    Never use your PlayBook for doing important tasks, just use it for fun.

Hope this help.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 08:09 PM
    My goto browsers are stock PB, Fast browser, Frost browser and Origami. Altogether between one or more of these browsers they can load most websites if you play around with options such as user agent etc. Even with these though there are sites that will not load properly on PB - one noteable one being hoopladigital.com. You also get stuck if the site requires a newer flash version than what is built-in to PB.

2 updates would really make the PB a still viable tablet - flash upgrade and Android runtime - bonus would be browser to BB10-like. But these would have to be done by BlackBerry since they don't allow us users to upgrade OS components.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 12:23 PM
    In your case try to uninstall Origami, reboot your PlayBook and reinstall the Origami browser.

Settings:

Hope this help.
    I reinstalled Origami and changed the settings as directed. It still remains the same. I still can't go full screen on YouTube

My goto browsers are stock PB, Fast browser, Frost browser and Origami.
    Are you able to playback videos full screen on YouTube using any of the browsers you have mentioned..?

I am not able to with both stock pb and Origami. How does fast browser compare over origami.? Any advantages..? Is it worth buying.?

My only requirement as of now is the stream videos full screen on YouTube and sites alike.
    02-07-17 02:51 PM
    My only requirement as of now is the stream videos full screen on YouTube and sites alike.

Quick reply to this message Reply Quote Quote Multi-Quote This Message Like
    Why don't you just sideload the android YouTube v 2.2.16 . Of course you will have to convert the .apk to .bar using Apk2bar.org , then sideload to your Playbook using Sachesi or some other method. The app works beautifully, is full screen and blazing fast (believe it or not).
    02-07-17 02:59 PM
    Why don't you just sideload the android YouTube v 2.2.16 . Of course you will have to convert the .apk to .bar using Apk2bar.org , then sideload to your Playbook using Sachesi or some other method. The app works beautifully, is full screen and blazing fast (believe it or not).
    Sure i will try this out right away. Is there a BAR file readily available.? Because i have never converted any apk to BAR earlier.
    02-07-17 03:17 PM
    Sure i will try this out right away. Is there a BAR file readily available.? Because i have never converted any apk to BAR earlier.
    There is no readily available BAR available but if you send me a private message with your email address I can send it to you OR you can make your own by searching for : android Youtube 2.2.16 apk download, then using the converting web site I gave you above, convert this apk to BAR. Save that BAR file and sideload it onto your Playbook. This may sound difficult but it really is easy to do.
    02-07-17 03:31 PM
    There is no readily available BAR available but if you send me a private message with your email address I can send it to you OR you can make your own by searching for : android Youtube 2.2.16 apk download, then using the converting web site I gave you above, convert this apk to BAR. Save that BAR file and sideload it onto your Playbook. This may sound difficult but it really is easy to do.
    Thank you. I have been able to convert the apk to bar file and sideload it successfully. It has a few glitches but i am at least able to playback full screen. However i am not able to sign in as it keeps throwing an error.

I ll try and figure out a way to sign in. If i am unable to, then i will PM you for assistance.

On a different note, i really wish we had a nice browser for play book for streaming media content.
    02-07-17 03:59 PM
    Thank you. I have been able to convert the apk to bar file and sideload it successfully. It has a few glitches but i am at least able to playback full screen. However i am not able to sign in as it keeps throwing an error.

I ll try and figure out a way to sign in. If i am unable to, then i will PM you for assistance.

On a different note, i really wish we had a nice browser for play book for streaming media content.
    I think that app is so old that signing in will not work. I am not sure as I never need to sign in, so I don't use that function. You could search for a newer version, convert to bar and experiment but the Playbook android runtime is so old (Gingerbread 2.3.3) that your choices are VERY limited. There are websites that offer older APK downloads for many android apps and you can convert all to BAR and try them. Just look for the minimum android spec needed to run the app. If the app will run on Gingerbread 2.3.3 or lower then it may possibly run on your Playbook. Anything requiring above that version is a waste of time trying. As for the browser, I am afraid it doesn't get any better than what you have. You can try very lightweight android browsers such as Naked Browser (search web for lightweight android browsers), convert them to BAR and sideload. You may have luck. It's a crapshoot as they say!
    02-07-17 04:18 PM
    Try one of the android browsers- Maxthon or Dolphin. They're both in app world, so no sideloading is necessary, will default to the YouTube mobile site so they're relatively speedy, will only play YouTube vids fullscreen, and they allow you to log into your account. That said, of the two, Maxthon seems to work a bit better with YouTube.
    dmlis and anon(5597702) like this.
    02-07-17 05:08 PM
    Try one of the android browsers- Maxthon or Dolphin. They're both in app world, so no sideloading is necessary, will default to the YouTube mobile site so they're relatively speedy, will only play YouTube vids fullscreen, and they allow you to log into your account. That said, of the two, Maxthon seems to work a bit better with YouTube.
    I couldn't get Dolphin to work at all today. Not sure why. Have not tried Maxthon for ages.
    02-07-17 06:50 PM
    I couldn't get Dolphin to work at all today. Not sure why. Have not tried Maxthon for ages.
    I suggest Tubemate for Youtube. Works just fine on the PB and lets you sign in.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-07-17 08:01 PM
    Click on the following link:
    https://m.youtube.com/?app=m

That will/should open the Mobile YouTube site: Search and, after selecting your video, double tap it to go full screen.

There are a couple of issues that give problems but overall it's not too bad.
    02-07-17 08:17 PM
    If you just want you tube, Just use free app from BlackBerry World, it called 'Easy Tube' by Easytech, it let you sign in and get you full screen as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 05:00 PM
    If you just want you tube, Just use free app from BlackBerry World, it called 'Easy Tube' by Easytech, it let you sign in and get you full screen as well.

Posted via CB10
    Cannot find that app in BBW.

edit: found it!
    Last edited by brookie229; 02-09-17 at 10:42 PM.
    02-09-17 05:59 PM
    and get you full screen as well
    Uh, well, not exactly.
    02-09-17 10:39 PM
    Use frost it can show YouTube in full screen and let's you login to YouTube (Google). A version of it used to be in BBM. I use the blackberry user agent which takes you to the m.youtube site.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 01:39 PM
    Stupid auto correct - frost s/b in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 01:40 PM