Nobody wants a PKB. If there was demand, there would be several manufacturers introducing different models.
    06-25-16 08:38 PM
    Wrong, it is not EVERYBODY wants a PKB. But there is still an audience out there that craves, that is still waiting for BlackBerry to release another PKB phone. Not "nobody wants a PKB".

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    06-25-16 09:50 PM
    Nobody wants a PKB. If there was demand, there would be several manufacturers introducing different models.
    Nobody wants a PKB because there isn't any usable ones in the past few years.
    anon(9721458) and pooyam like this.
    06-25-16 09:51 PM
    That me be the exact reason, can't afford both at once. If so, believe you have to bring Rome / PKB first, Q10 and Classic folks are about 2 or more years into their phones and due for upgrade, then roll out all touch for the holidays.

Posted via CB10
    For those who must have a pkb can wait. I mean, there is really no competition in that space. For those that want all touch, there are a million and one to choose from.

My guess is they can only do one model at a time. Chen is a numbers guy and one who keeps n contact with his corporate clients, not us. For reasons that none of us will likely ever be aware of, they have deemed the pkb to not be a priority with the next release.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    06-25-16 10:14 PM
    It is true that in order to catch up with others, BlackBerry needs to produce the full touch screen models too. But at the same time, there will always be professional users like us that would do anything to own a pkb BlackBerry. To capture the market share, I believe it is not a harm for a new touch screen, but make sure to keep producing devices with keyboard. Maybe, as a cost effect strategy, BlackBerry don't need to produce a lot. Just nice to cater th professional market.

I had tried the full touch screen. I previously owned Z10 and Z30. But now I'm using both Classic and Passport. I have 5 different e-mails. All are actives and need prompt and efficient fast reply. I have 61 whatsapp groups, 7 telegram groups, 9 BBM groups, FB account, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. All need to be attend to promptly. I definitely better off with a pkb BlackBerry.

BlackBerry, you'll get all my support for a pkb phone.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-25-16 10:37 PM
    Wrong, it is not EVERYBODY wants a PKB. But there is still an audience out there that craves, that is still waiting for BlackBerry to release another PKB phone. Not "nobody wants a PKB".

Posted via CB10
    For some people if it isn�t important to them, then it's no good doncha know, lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:39 PM
    The reason I still use a BB device .. is its KEYBOARD. Please, this is why BB sells...and we keep the device..
    anon(679606) likes this.
    06-26-16 02:03 AM
    Dammit, I hate being nobody. Boy has no name.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    pooyam and Barbareren like this.
    06-27-16 06:54 AM
    I agree with the OP.

What brought me to Blackberry from Android 2 years ago, was I never realised PKB's still existed. It's exactly what I always needed.

No PKB, no sale.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-01-16 06:09 PM
    The number of pkb fans is quite small. I think the only reason they are putting out a pkb phone is to differentiate and distinguish the brand.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Froboy817 likes this.
    07-02-16 09:00 AM
    Sorry buddy one of the main reasons I still use a BlackBerry is because of the pkb. It may be true that the demand ain't huge, but to say nobody wants a pkb no sir I'm here to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-02-16 11:00 PM
    The number of pkb fans is quite small. I think the only reason they are putting out a pkb phone is to differentiate and distinguish the brand.

I agree, the majority of the people now simply want to "fit in" with whatever is considered "cool" now and all-touch glass slabs are it.

pooyam and Barbareren like this.
    07-03-16 12:02 AM
    Sorry buddy one of the main reasons I still use a BlackBerry is because of the pkb. It may be true that the demand ain't huge, but to say nobody wants a pkb no sir I'm here to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Some people feel the need to simplify things and the simplest thing is to assume everyone else is exactly like them.

07-03-16 12:03 AM
    Some people feel the need to simplify things and the simplest thing is to assume everyone else is exactly like them.

Could not have said it better, how sad but true!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:15 AM
    BlackBerry: Our specialty, that no one else does, is physical keyboards on smartphones.
    Action: Releases all-touch devices

This company blows my mind time and time again, but yet, they never learn their lesson. What's that saying? "Those that forget history are bound to repeat it?". Someone might mention the PRIV but that device should have never happened. The only people who were asking for a slider were a small niche within the BlackBerry community. They clearly did no market research whatsoever. Still waiting for a proper device within the BlackBerry Classic/Bold-9900 lineage with a bigger/taller screen and bigger battery. Jezus, no one at this company learns...
    07-03-16 09:07 AM
    Would be cool if crackberry ran a poll. #pkbexit
    07-03-16 10:54 AM
    Doubt it would make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 11:28 AM
    Agree, believe have to attract new customers but cannot loose your base. Even if roughly the same model and you just update/upgrade the guts, the Q10 / Classic form factor will continue to sell to those who use them as their daily work horse. Add the cost of the update / upgrade and sell to them before they throw in the towel and take the leap to all touch.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 11:29 AM
    Why can't Blackberry do both all-touch and PKB? They spent millions converting some of their users to all-touch via Z10 and Z30. Perhaps those users are more willing to make the jump to an Android than most PKB enthusiasts (big generalization I know). Ideally Blackberry would release both PKB and VKB devices at the same time but I guess they don't have the resources to do that anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 11:45 AM
    I disagree. They need to find something else to differentiate themselves from the rest. Most people want touchscreen. There are very few PKB lovers left in the world. No one is switching from touch to PKB.

Posted via CB10
    True and they have something that no iPhone or Android has its security they are different with security and multitasking
    07-05-16 06:19 AM
    I disagree. They need to find something else to differentiate themselves from the rest. Most people want touchscreen. There are very few PKB lovers left in the world. No one is switching from touch to PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Good, now define "something", because even top manufacturers are having an hard time finding something to stand out, or they end up introducing gimmicky things like the LG G5, that ends up building more criticism than applause
    07-06-16 09:22 AM
    They should just license their keyboard to others and put a fork in their phone business.
    Who needs a license? HP Pre3 had a better keyboard without any bow to the rim...

07-06-16 01:49 PM
    Nobody wants a PKB because there isn't any usable ones in the past few years.
    You are so right. I analyzed the straight fret anti-ergonomic layout comparing with HP Pre3 long back... it's just easier & faster to thumb a KB with a curved layyout...

07-06-16 01:51 PM
    They would just poll their existing customers & ignore their competition... dumbells

07-06-16 01:58 PM
    OK, but here's the thing.

What SHOULD differentiate BlackBerry as a product shouldn't just be a physical keyboard.

It needs to be:

Physical keyboard combined with FULLY INTEGRATED and INTUITIVE UI, that is designed around it.

The Priv had a physical keyboard (albeit a pretty rubbish one). It lacked the rest.

For BlackBerry to continue down the Android device route, they have to do a far, far better job of building a UI that capitalises on the strengths of the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Deckard79; 07-06-16 at 03:08 PM.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    07-06-16 02:15 PM
102 12345