Android shouldn't need those cleaner apps in my experience. I have a Moto X Pure and don't use any of that. It runs mostly fine (more below). As did my LG G2. As did my brother's Note 3, etc.

That said, something I do see on Android is that, like most any OS (phones and PCs), once you have a large number of installed applications/apps the likelihood of weird behavior goes up a lot.

As stated, my Moto X Pure runs fine. But as the app count has grown I have seen increasingly odd things occur. I have no reason to believe it is anything other than the common "issue" of introducing so many environmental variables that the device is now "unique" and to some degree unpredictable.
    FF22, Thud Hardsmack and fanisk like this.
    05-26-16 05:09 PM
    The stocks talk is best served at the BBRY Caf�.
    05-26-16 07:18 PM
    After factory reset, would you recommend putting in the new Marshmallow again? (From Telus, my carrier)

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    I didn't do that myself and my phone is running amazing (with tons of apps, some of which run all the time time in the background like All-in-one Gestures and Edge Colour Notifications).
    I'm not sure what you mean, but the factory reset will revert to the latest OS you installed, not the original Lollipop the phone came with.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-26-16 10:57 PM
    When i got the first update from Lollipop to Marshmallow, the phone ran very slow and crappy. I was pretty frustrated. So my last resort was to do a FACTORY reset, and update everything again. That seemed to have did the trick! The OS has been running fairly smooth and fast 90% of the time. The 10% is occasional , slow down or hiccup where it hesitates for a bit, but then starts running again. I definitely noticed the battery life improved alot after the update. The device itself is beautiful and built well, if only the OS had the same quality/performance to match. Definitely still missing BB10 at its prime on the SE Passport i had, but i have gotten use to the Android, and its not that bad. Having access to all the apps have been really nice as well. No "Google Services" messages from BB10's running Android apps
    05-26-16 11:18 PM
    Okay. Hi. I have taken off all cleaners & deleted a good number of apps I didnt really use. I probably have still around 40 or so.
    Since I have done this, my phone is working as a Blackberry should....GREAT !!
    I must have installed a bad app along the way, still want to think it was Waze, but dont know for sure.
    Today, my phone has not lagged, heated up, & the battery life has been the best its ever been......!!
    I will keep a close eye, & if it does mess up again, I will try the autoload & let you know the results....
    The litmus test would be to reinstall the suspect app and see the results. If your phone starts to go wonky again, then you'll have your answer.

05-26-16 11:24 PM
    Just about at wits end. I have tried being a BB fan, but I almost can not take this lagging phone anymore.

I was out of town for the weekend, & was depending heavily on my phone for navigation, picture taking, & messaging. The Priv was letting me down in all aspects. So slow, so buggy, & not what I want or should have to deal with a "SMARTphone".

Stopped in at a Telus store & the very nice guy helped me out a bit. I have "cleaners" & "boosters" installed, but should these really be needed? Is this what Android is all about? Total lag & buggy?
    After reboots, forcing stops on a bunch of apps, & "boosting", it is running way better, but is this the way Android is supposed to be? Would an Samsung Edge 7 do this in a few months? Or does (Android) it need almost daily "cleaning"?

My memory on this phone is almost full. I dont have THAT many apps, but it is quite full. How do I fix this?? Do I have to uninstall a bunch of apps? Device storage still has lots of room left...pics all saved to SD card.

Thanks in advance. Hope I dont get jumped on too badly here...
    I have to say that I do get experience similar problems. Sometimes I cannot pick up call in time because phone does not want to respond to touch. It is frustrating but I have faith in blackberry that it will fix problems and second I love physical keyboard.

Most of these optimizers do no good. I only use cc cleaner for cleaning my phone over night.
    05-27-16 07:09 AM
    I updated to the latest Marshmallow beta and it's tons better. Doesn't lag or freeze anymore (unless if I'm heavily multitasking sadly).

Maybe later this year they'll have things sorted out.

Do keep in mind, the first year of a product are always unfinished, unpolished, or bug infested.

But in year a phone is well on its way to being obsoleted! By two years, fagitaboutit! This mentality of BlackBerry is probably what really sunk RIM in many ways. Most normal people want anything they buy to work out of the box! Especially with the constant next best thing mentality that is prevalent with people. If I had bought my Passport when it first came out I'd probably hated it but didn't get back into BlackBerry until just a few months before 10.3 so I endured only a fraction of the angst. Thee main reason I decided that I would not put up with my Priv before returning it was low battery life. If they can ever figure that out I might reconsider. But in reality I have learned I have every App that I could use, less than ten. The only thing I hate about BB OS10 is the terrible lack of video streaming capability! A phone that cannot run Hulu, Netflix nor Amazon Prime in this day and age! Unreal.

05-27-16 07:28 AM
    But in year a phone is well on its way to being obsoleted! By two years, fagitaboutit! This mentality of BlackBerry is probably what really sunk RIM in many ways. Most normal people want anything they buy to work out of the box! Especially with the constant next best thing mentality that is prevalent with people. If I had bought my Passport when it first came out I'd probably hated it but didn't get back into BlackBerry until just a few months before 10.3 so I endured only a fraction of the angst. Thee main reason I decided that I would not put up with my Priv before returning it was low battery life. If they can ever figure that out I might reconsider. But in reality I have learned I have every App that I could use, less than ten. The only thing I hate about BB OS10 is the terrible lack of video streaming capability! A phone that cannot run Hulu, Netflix nor Amazon Prime in this day and age! Unreal.

This is first blackberry phone so it should understandable that it will take time for all issues to be resolved. Bb10 had many issues but latest update fixed many of them. All manufacturers have problems not just blackberry.
    05-27-16 05:33 PM
    The Priv was letting me down in all aspects. So slow, so buggy, & not what I want or should have to deal with a "SMARTphone".

You describe the Android OS.
    05-27-16 10:11 PM
    This is first blackberry phone so it should understandable that it will take time for all issues to be resolved. Bb10 had many issues but latest update fixed many of them. All manufacturers have problems not just blackberry.
    1st BlackBerry Android. No, that is not the issue here, its Android that is the issue. It's been around for so long and is still a terribly designed OS. Unfortunately, people don't have much choice in the industry. Which is why Hardware companies battle it out with Hardware Specs, running a almost useless OS that should have been retired long ago.
    05-27-16 10:14 PM
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Okay boo.
    05-28-16 01:06 AM
    1st BlackBerry Android. No, that is not the issue here, its Android that is the issue. It's been around for so long and is still a terribly designed OS. Unfortunately, people don't have much choice in the industry. Which is why Hardware companies battle it out with Hardware Specs, running a almost useless OS that should have been retired long ago.
    This is not first time when "inferior" product is a winner. Public has spoken and apps are more important than other factors.
    05-28-16 05:44 AM
    This is not first time when "inferior" product is a winner. Public has spoken and apps are more important than other factors.
    Difficult to prove that ios or Android are inferior. I've used them and all have strengths and weaknesses. I consider blackberry the inferior product: hardware problems, no more support from the devs, the PRIV is overpriced etc etc.
    05-29-16 12:49 PM
    Difficult to prove that ios or Android are inferior. I've used them and all have strengths and weaknesses. I consider blackberry the inferior product: hardware problems, no more support from the devs, the PRIV is overpriced etc etc.
    That is why I put inferior in "". I agree with your summary
    05-29-16 12:54 PM
    this is why I gave up on Android.....except add 2-64gb memory cards and a 128gb memory card got corrupted. I was hoping to hear more positivity about the Priv but the forums seem to be the "real" view of what is happening.
    05-29-16 02:18 PM
    Of course, since I did the "force stop" on a bunch of apps, and have "cleaned and boosted", the phone is working great.....!!

I will take it, and have been very happy today.

Yesterday, driving and navigating the city (Waze) not so happy.....

Curious which cleaners and boosters you've used?

05-29-16 03:17 PM
    this is why I gave up on Android.....except add 2-64gb memory cards and a 128gb memory card got corrupted. I was hoping to hear more positivity about the Priv but the forums seem to be the "real" view of what is happening.
    Yes they were / are problems but blackberry has worked out many of them. My phone runs definitely better after the latest update.
    05-29-16 05:39 PM
    I have deleted as many apps off my phone as possible. It's to the point where my Passport had more apps now....

However, my Priv is back running super zippy and fast. So it could have very well been a bad app or two. Waze in particular was super stubborn to install and I was using that while navigating the city when I smacked my phone as hard as I could on the console of my truck. I swear I would have fired it out the window but then I would have lost my SD card, which is the ONLY reason my Priv was not trashed.

I will wait a few days before I try the autoloading deal. I don't feel super confident with that but thanks for the help Big Picture. If the phone goes all laggy again, without me adding more apps, I will try the autoloading,.

I could always just go back to my Passport.......

Good luck with your Priv. The Passport is an excellent device too
    05-30-16 11:02 AM
    That is why I put inferior in "". I agree with your summary
    Yeah sorry, I didn't notice the "".
    05-31-16 03:12 AM
    I cannot agree more - I own a black Passport and would not change it for anything
    05-31-16 07:29 AM
    How do you clean the app cache without a phone cleaner?

Go to settings, apps , choose the particular app , then click storage, you have then selection to clear cache.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-31-16 06:59 PM
    Go to settings, apps , choose the particular app , then click storage, you have then selection to clear cache.
    Bit long for each app so what's wrong with a app doing it all for you, phone clean is a decent app I would say

06-01-16 03:09 AM
    Bit long for each app so what's wrong with a app doing it all for you, phone clean is a decent app I would say

Settings -> Storage -> Cache. No sense in doing them individually.
    FF22 and Graheem like this.
    06-01-16 07:27 AM
    I cannot agree more - I own a black Passport and would not change it for anything
    If you use your phone strictly for messaging than passport will be better phone but the moment you need apps there is really no contest.
    06-01-16 08:35 AM
    Anyone remember those old scammy RAM boosters for PCs? The box software you'd see at CompUSA or Wal-Mart? What a joke ... Sorry for the OT, but these cleaner apps remind me of that.
    Graheem likes this.
    06-01-16 02:20 PM
161 ... 4567