View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's just the best way to replicate the app gap and a poor user experience, leading to deceptive comments and ugly reviews. As I mentioned before, they tried. Hard. But they finally raised a red flag.
    There will be other devices, just be patient.

From my 3 weeks experience PRIV is on par or superior to the Z30 if you consider it globally.
    I'm still in "love" with BB10, especially when using my SE so that I'm in the waiting of next news/launches before I decide what's my next device. But there's one certainty : my SE will stand on my side as my data horse for a long while.
    Well in that case I'll hold on to my Passport and Classic untill Marshmallow comes to the PRIV. I have a cheap Android tablet with stock Android. It's okay. Many Personalization options as in BBOS6/7. With topnotch hardware like PRIV it should run steady and fast.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-09-16 09:25 AM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...erry-passport/

OT: oil is close to the double bottom and might not see the low 27.00, but what do I know????? The crystal ball is too foggy or it might be the Alexander Keith that is foggy things up. The professionals are predicting the low teens for oil. Good luck mates!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-09-16 12:08 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3879...f=72&dr=1#alt3

Good news

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-09-16 12:22 PM
    OT:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...08-column.html

"It's building new functions on top of an outdated core, rather than scrapping the core and rebuilding from scratch."

This is the comment I found most interesting about the article. Obviously this is an area where BlackBerry did the right thing, but it hasn't translated into handset sales due to a lack of apps coveted by consumers. We'll have to see how long iOS will avoid scrapping their own OS and see what kind of continued problems they'll have because of that.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 01:02 PM
    Have a look at this math and ask yourself who wrote this nonsense:

The IEA forecast that stock building could continue in the second half of 2016 at a rate of 300 million barrels a day. It said: "If these numbers prove to be accurate, and with the market already awash in oil, it is very hard to see how oil prices can rise significantly in the short term."

How can you take them seriously when they can't write a simple article.
    What, you don't believe them when they say that inventory is going to increase at 300M barrels a day? They might hollow out the moon and pump it directly into space storage....Stop using logic!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-09-16 01:15 PM

OT: oil is close to the double bottom and might not see the low 27.00, but what do I know????? The crystal ball is too foggy or it might be the Alexander Keith that is foggy things up. The professionals are predicting the low teens for oil. Good luck mates!

More OT:

I couldn't believe what the IEA came out with this morning. Here is their main argument:

"The IEA forecast that stock building could continue in the second half of 2016 at a rate of 300 million barrels a day. It said: "If these numbers prove to be accurate, and with the market already awash in oil, it is very hard to see how oil prices can rise significantly in the short term."

Well guess what, we require and produce only 84.5 MM/bbd now! We have never, and will never ever produce 300 MM barrels of oil a day. Not this earth or a combination of several earths will produce that much oil. All their numbers were wrong, but let's assume we are over-producing by 1.2 MM barrels, that's 1.4% more than we need. I can drive 1.4% more with diesel prices as low as it is today. My demand is heading much higher thank you! . The report was so poorly written that you wonder why the media wasn't all over it; rather they supported their argument for cheaper energy.

It doesn't matter that fully 1/2 the rigs in America are sitting in moth balls today. It doesn't matter that millions of barrels of oil produced by Mom and Pop farm land pumping can shutdown tomorrow knowing they are losing money on every barrel. The supply destruction is very real here. And so we are down today because the IEA can't produce a report that isn't laughable yet the media is all over it and traders are condemning the energy complex.

A short response would be to ask them how easy is it reduce production by 1.5 million barrels per day? I think SA could drop by 200,000 bbls and Russia could do the same along with the 100's of other producers by a similar ratio to production in their countries. We could be up $ 15.00/bbl in one day versus how much downside is there left? You could wake up tomorrow morning to $ 45.00/bbl oil. How many traders are leaning the wrong way?
    rarsen, kadakn01, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    02-09-16 01:28 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, seems increasing routine cases in certain areas:

Hacker leaks thousands of FBI, DHS employees' details | ZDNet

The data contains details on as many as 20,000 FBI employees and 9,000 Homeland Security employees. Cyber crimes have been growing at an unprecedented rate . The British insurance company Lloyd's says that cyber attacks cost businesses as much as $400 billion a year, which includes the disruption of business following the hacks.
    Corbu, La Emperor, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    02-09-16 01:54 PM
    Thanks Morgan!

I agree with the IEA report(Joking)! Over night the world population decreased by 25 to 50 % and we are actually living back in the 1980 and 90's, were I could actually count the number of cars with the fingers on my hand and if you know me, the limit is ten, then I am stuck. LMAO

02-09-16 02:01 PM
    OT: If a low oil price means that ISIS loses their funding, I hope we see another few years of this :-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    02-09-16 02:24 PM
    Short interest update: BBRY
    Jan 15----------- 82.8M
    Jan 31-----------80M

Decrease of 2.8M shares

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 03:04 PM
    Some changes to 13F
    Toronto Dominion Bank added 3.75M shares, they now have 15.5M shares
    Vanguard added 553K shares (they are index based, so more of a rebalance)

On the sell side
    Tocqueville asset mgmt sold all of their 1.6M shares
    As did Retirement Systems of Alabama selling all of their 1.2M shares
    Montrusco Bolton sold a little more than half of their shares at 1.8M shares leaving them with 1.2M remaining

I will update with more info shortly

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 02-09-16 at 05:55 PM.
    02-09-16 03:52 PM
    More OT:

I couldn't believe what the IEA came out with this morning. Here is their main argument:

"The IEA forecast that stock building could continue in the second half of 2016 at a rate of 300 million barrels a day. It said: "If these numbers prove to be accurate, and with the market already awash in oil, it is very hard to see how oil prices can rise significantly in the short term."

Well guess what, we require and produce only 84.5 MM/bbd now! We have never, and will never ever produce 300 MM barrels of oil a day. Not this earth or a combination of several earths will produce that much oil. All their numbers were wrong, but let's assume we are over-producing by 1.2 MM barrels, that's 1.4% more than we need. I can drive 1.4% more with diesel prices as low as it is today. My demand is heading much higher thank you! . The report was so poorly written that you wonder why the media wasn't all over it; rather they supported their argument for cheaper energy.

It doesn't matter that fully 1/2 the rigs in America are sitting in moth balls today. It doesn't matter that millions of barrels of oil produced by Mom and Pop farm land pumping can shutdown tomorrow knowing they are losing money on every barrel. The supply destruction is very real here. And so we are down today because the IEA can't produce a report that isn't laughable yet the media is all over it and traders are condemning the energy complex.

A short response would be to ask them how easy is it reduce production by 1.5 million barrels per day? I think SA could drop by 200,000 bbls and Russia could do the same along with the 100's of other producers by a similar ratio to production in their countries. We could be up $ 15.00/bbl in one day versus how much downside is there left? You could wake up tomorrow morning to $ 45.00/bbl oil. How many traders are leaning the wrong way?
    Maybe it comes from the moon.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-09-16 07:52 PM
    Some changes to 13F
    Toronto Dominion Bank added 3.75M shares, they now have 15.5M shares
    Vanguard added 553K shares (they are index based, so more of a rebalance)

On the sell side
    Tocqueville asset mgmt sold all of their 1.6M shares
    As did Retirement Systems of Alabama selling all of their 1.2M shares
    Montrusco Bolton sold a little more than half of their shares at 1.8M shares leaving them with 1.2M remaining

I will update with more info shortly

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Kadakn01.

So, are any of these hedge funds working on autopilot? Are you able to dissect that data at all?
    Those bloody hedge funds can really make a mess out of a market; buy high, sell low, etc.
    02-10-16 02:27 AM
    02-10-16 07:06 AM
    IT Spending Cuts Spare the Internet of Things - The CIO Report - WSJ

The shaky economy and uncertain global markets are taking a toll on corporate IT spending, resulting in slashed technology budgets and job cuts, as CIO Journal reported Monday. Across the board, IT spending had already dropped by 5.8% by the end of 2015, compared to a year earlier, according to researcher Gartner Inc.

Yet despite the cuts, Gartner predicts global spending on the Internet of Things to jump by 22% in 2016, to $235 billion. It expects the bulk of the gains to be driven by business spending on external services to design, install and operate IoT systems.

Enabling systems that can accumulate piles of data from smart devices and sensors offers businesses the opportunity to create recurring revenue models from ongoing services, based on collected data, rather than rely solely on one-time sales of their products, according to Nathan Nuttall, a Gartner research director.

More predictable revenue streams are a strong selling point for businesses heading into an economic slump, he said: “You really have a chance to transform your business from selling physical products into a service-based operation.”

Among Fortune 500 companies, “everybody is thinking about IoT in a very serious way,” Jason Meil, managing director of new products and innovations at consulting firm SSA & Company.

He adds most of these initiatives are at an early stage, with many large companies trying to get a handle on the data they already have and create concrete plans for how they’re going to use it. “It’s much more down the path of a ‘we need to do this’ perspective, and is much earlier in terms of ‘we’ve actually done it,’” said Mr. Meil, who leads the firm’s advanced analytics practice.

Enterprise-technology firms are taking notice. Companies with major IoT initiatives include International Business Machines Corp., Cisco Systems Inc., Microsoft Corp., Oracle Corp., and Intel Corp., among others.

In the latest example, Cisco last week announced a deal to acquire IoT startup Jasper Technologies Inc. for $1.4 billion.

Last year, Salesforce.com Inc. unveiled its IoT Cloud service, offering to help companies manage billions of data points gathered daily from smart devices.

By mid 2015, the total value of mergers and acquisitions in the IoT market had already reached a record-high $14.8 billion, surpassing 2014′s full-year total of $14.3 billion, according to 451 Research.

Mr. Nuttall said most IoT projects are strategic and require longer-term investments. They are also in the early stages. As such, CIOs and other IT decision-makers are telling their chief executives and CFOs that “we started down this path and we have to keep going down that path,” he said.

“A lot of companies are taking baby steps,” he said.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, 3MIKE and 8 others like this.
    02-10-16 07:18 AM
    Another positive review and nice pictorials:

iTWire - Blackberry PRIV is only a small part of what it does
    3MIKE, Corbu, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    02-10-16 08:04 AM
    And finally a great explanation for those of us (me) who have been confused over BlackBerry OTA updates vs Telco updates:

�We are testing Android Marshmallow now and will roll it out shortly after our Telco�s have verified it,� said Travis Bell, Director of Carrier Management and Sales for Oceania. Bell spoke about thousands of kernel level changes needed to be made to Android and how the Blackberry overlay was largely independent of that. �Blackberry will regularly roll out over-the-air updates to its software but Android kernel updates [that change the device�s �radio�] will need to be approved by the Telcos.
    02-10-16 08:36 AM
    Yes we know, AndroBerries have a lot of potential. We knew that already. But to get dump bb10 just like that. That should be a real write off.

http://investorplace.com/2016/02/bla.../#.Vrtn6Wq0vbM

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-10-16 10:47 AM
    Chen speaking at the Canadian embassy in Washington at noon.

http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?...617959a3a2d3b0

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:51 AM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...means-for-you/

02-10-16 01:19 PM
    WMC: I would like BlackBerry to announce a Priv upgrade to 820 chip, better front cam sensor, and Marshmallow. And an SE version (metal back). And the Vienna with 808.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 01:58 PM
    Looks like the SP has a fetish for the devils number!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-10-16 02:56 PM
    02-10-16 04:01 PM
    Articles and speculation starting to show up around MWC Feb 22-25:

Mobile World Congress 2016: Launches, smartphones, wearables to expect at MWC 2016 - Pocket-lint

BlackBerry at MWC 2016

BlackBerry didn't say much about mobile at CES 2016, except dropping in that we could expect Android devices to be launched this year rather than BB 10. Following the great BlackBerry Priv, that's probably a smart move.
    Rumours currently suggest a touch and type candybar phone going by the name BlackBerry Vienna. It looks like a budget Android handset based on the Leap, but including a keyboard.
    MWC 2016: Top 10 big ticket launches to look forward to at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona

Blackberry Vienna

Following the launch of the Priv, the Vienna is slated to be BlackBerry's second Android smartphone. The phone is expected to have 5in touchscreen with a keypad, the company's signature feature. There's been previous rumours that BlackBerry might move the Passport over to Android too. With BlackBerry reasserting itself in devices, MWC 2016 could be hugely important for the company.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-10-16 04:33 PM
    02-10-16 04:40 PM
113,256 ... 38273828382938303831 ...