Bought it on day of release in Canada and (I'm a little crazy like that).

I've taken Sim out and since bought passport SE and love it. I was on the classic before and wanted more screen and hoped the Priv would do it.

Problem I find with the Priv isn't the keyboard (which is a little tight but you get used to it right away), not specs - specs are great, not the amazing screen. It really comes down to fit and finish on the BlackBerry apps - mainly the hub, calendar, and contacts.

These apps are missing core features I've come to love on BlackBerry 10. As a business user I need things like free/busy on calendar and the hub isn't nearly as robust as bb10. And yes, there are a dozen other little things (like dark settings), notifications, reply to all in a calendar invite, (n and p key in hub), whatsap in hub, no active call indicator phone wide, etc etc. That if you're a bb10 user and a especially a road warrior like me - the BlackBerry apps on the Priv aren't there.

I also find it lagging a little and not as fast/smooth as bb10.

So for now Ive got the Priv on the shelf (couldn't return it due to retailer rules) but I may sell it. I am just waiting for the next updates in hopes it will get better.

Sent via Priv on WiFi

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    WT44 and RECOOL like this.
    11-29-15 06:59 AM
    Deleted post
    11-29-15 07:14 AM
    Even though I don't think it works the same as BlackBerry Protect e.g. with androids if you can boot to the recovery menu you can just factory reset/wipe the device from there and it won't ask you for any password unless some things have changed in lollipop. With protect after 10 failed attempts the phone wipes itself and upon set up it asks for your BlackBerry ID and password. The androids I have dealt with you press a key combo like power button and volume down button and hold it till it gets to the recovery menu.

Posted via CB10
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...rview-and-faq/

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-29-15 09:14 AM
    LOL the number of people coming into the android subsection to say they are not getting it because it's an android. Why are they here then. Just curious.

I don't bother with the classic section. I certainly don't go there and say "oh cos there's a toolbelt". Why spend time in a section you dislike?

You may not, but lots of people do, even start threads with titles along the lines of "BB10 is dead, grow up and get over it". So when someone asks a very reasonable question, why not answer it.

Many, like myself, probably came to this thread from the trending listen and didn't look to see what section it was in.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    11-29-15 09:21 AM
    Who said Priv is amazing, just ordered S6 would never pay the money for knock off Android. Real thing only. Done with blackberry for ever
    lift and jsmith00075 like this.
    11-29-15 11:02 AM
    I just saw one at my nearest Rogers store. It's HUGE. I didn't bother play with it...i just can't carry that on my belt (or even in my pocket). If it were available at half the size I would consider it.
    11-29-15 11:31 AM
    LOL the number of people coming into the android subsection to say they are not getting it because it's an android. Why are they here then. Just curious.

I don't bother with the classic section. I certainly don't go there and say "oh cos there's a toolbelt". Why spend time in a section you dislike?

Because I bought a Priv for my Wife and I come here to see if anyone has figured out how to fix the buggy software on the Priv.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    11-29-15 12:02 PM

Perhaps this is my fault...since I'm the OP for this thread. Let me clarify. This thread probably should have been in the Community Section. It was SARCASTICALLY started after someone in another thread asked me why I wasn't getting the Priv. I've had every BlackBerry from the 850 pager through clickwheels, trackballs, touchpads of BBOS to BlackBerry 10 devices including Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, Classic, and Porsche Graphite P'9983.

When asked why I wasn't getting the Priv I just jokingly threw out the answer NO DARK HUB. Clearly that's a sarcastic answer and at that point I realized it might be fun to see if anybody had any ridiculous or funny reasons to toss in the hat. Instead the thread became one mostly filled with actual serious reasons albeit some more legitimate than others. That said, it's all personal preference.

So to sum it up...the title and initial post was supposed to start a witty satirical thread, but took a turn in a different direction. It's cool though because people seem to be into the discussion anyways.

I'm sticking to my guns and not budging til the DARK HUB becomes available. Also, add security to list. No RETINA SCANNER TO UNLOCK...than no Priv for me...
    rayporsche and Mecca EL like this.
    11-29-15 12:54 PM
    Waterproof Sony. It's just better in every way.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been fascinated with the Z5 myself. If you consider the Priv's physical keyboard too small to use (it is for me compared to the 9810) then compare everything else objectively the Sony wins hands down.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    Sir Reaper likes this.
    11-29-15 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Two xperias died 3 times from water.

And they changed their stance about the waterproofing. No longer encourage them to swim with it and what not. You can Google that
    11-30-15 03:47 AM
    Too expensive relative to other subsidised phones.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    11-30-15 07:23 AM

And they changed their stance about the waterproofing. No longer encourage them to swim with it and what not. You can Google that
    Still more dust and water resistant than the Priv, also have two different Xperias and both are still working perfectly after having gone for swims.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    11-30-15 08:29 AM
    PRIVacy or data-mining.
    lift likes this.
    11-30-15 02:25 PM
    Because unlike BB10 the YouTube app won't play videos in the background. Oh wait, BB10 can't do this either because it doesn't have a YouTube app so I guess there isn't a reason.
    kbz1960 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-30-15 03:06 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Passport SE haha

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 03:18 PM

I don't think the waterproof meant swim for 20 minutes with it lol.
    11-30-15 04:15 PM
    Because unlike BB10 the YouTube app won't play videos in the background. Oh wait, BB10 can't do this either because it doesn't have a YouTube app so I guess there isn't a reason.
    Well it can be done with the browser. Can't say the same with Android using a browser.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 05:55 PM
    Well it can be done with the browser. Can't say the same with Android using a browser.

Posted via CB10
    Use Firefox. Google blocks it in the Chrome browser.
    tufcustomer, Mecca EL and Witmen like this.
    11-30-15 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope they really worked on it. My Z2 was a hot mess. It lagged from one month in, started random rebooting(had enough of that early in my Z10's life), battery life got shorter by the day, apps and features stopped working and phone call quality sacked towards the end.

Among camera though. So good and I love the build quality but it just seems that Sony only works on that type of stuff not really making all the details work as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 09:23 PM
    That app is called the browser and plays youtube videos in the background spectacularly, on my passport, on my z30 and even on my playBook...still does and still use it every day.
    11-30-15 10:07 PM
    That app is called the browser and plays youtube videos in the background spectacularly, on my passport, on my z30 and even on my playBook...still does and still use it every day.
    Actually, now that you mentioned that. I noticed that youtube does continue to play in the background in firefox on my Nexus device as well.

So there you go.
    11-30-15 11:32 PM
    Something similar, but it uses a Google account instead of BBID.
    So you have to allow Google tracking in order to locate your lost phone?

Privacy what?
    12-01-15 01:53 AM
    I used blackberry for a longtime back when Blackberry Bold just came out. #1 reason I didn't immediately buy the Priv is because of Android OS.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    12-01-15 04:21 AM
    So you have to allow Google tracking in order to locate your lost phone?

Privacy what?
    Honestly I don't know. What ever Google has se up for finding a lost droid. So probably yes.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-01-15 04:26 AM
495 ... 1314151617 ...