With any product or device one has to market and advertise to its strengths. BlackBerry is superior as a communication device. Sure Android and Apple handle email and texts but no where near as easily or as organized as BlackBerry does with the Hub. File management? Security? battery life? (this is where they failed at marketing and to the demographic that deems this essential) As an owner of 4 Samsung Tab Pro tablets (and experience with Apple tablets) I have no problem stating this emphatically. This being said if I was not a business owner, did not depend on email and communications for income and had only one email. This would likely not matter as much to me. Think about how Apple markets for the new iPhone 6s. 4k video in a handheld. Force touch, a 12 MP camera with moving pictures and gaming ability. Samsung touts its camera, selfie capability, wireless charging, a stylus and a different screen. (all with young millennials.) Imagine national BlackBerry ads (not the you tube ads although I do like the Piers Morgan Passport ad) with the speed and flow of BlackBerry 10, Hub functions, File management, universal search, security and those business users that use them, functions and capabilities of the physical and virtual keyboard. Let's hope we see these with the Priv.

Z30 wickedness
    Superior communication and organization yet Blackberry the Company sucks at both kind of makes your claims somewhat groundless.
    11-28-15 04:42 AM
    Superior communication and organization yet Blackberry the Company sucks at both kind of makes your claims somewhat groundless.
    BlackBerry was with it's founders an engineering/manufacturing company who came out with a revolutionary product would didn't know how to market. They became popular by accident and didn't know how to move forward.

BlackBerry is now a company that doesn't know what to do. They throw "stuff" at the wall hoping for the next accident.
    11-28-15 06:20 AM
    Now why is this sentiment posted so often? Do you really believe that people use Android or Apple merely because they want to "fit in"? Do you think that they are the only" sheep " and fan boys out there? I will never understand why some people have such a need to justify their preference for BlackBerry by belittling the preferences of others. I've used BlackBerry for many years, but now I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Why? Because I like it and it suits my needs. And, no, it's not because I like silly game apps. It's also because BlackBerry ceased being a cutting edge product years ago. All this talk about how secure BlackBerry is is nonsense. It's no more secure than any other phone and if anyone thinks otherwise, I'd like concrete proof. Not opinions and anecdotes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I always wondered what would happen to this thought if BlackBerry 10 had gained traction and eventually became popular? I never understood it either. People in all kinds of professions are doing just fine with their productivity not using BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, shaleem and JeepBB like this.
    11-28-15 06:32 AM
    With any product or device one has to market and advertise to its strengths. BlackBerry is superior as a communication device. Sure Android and Apple handle email and texts but no where near as easily or as organized as BlackBerry does with the Hub. File management? Security? battery life? (this is where they failed at marketing and to the demographic that deems this essential) As an owner of 4 Samsung Tab Pro tablets (and experience with Apple tablets) I have no problem stating this emphatically. This being said if I was not a business owner, did not depend on email and communications for income and had only one email. This would likely not matter as much to me. Think about how Apple markets for the new iPhone 6s. 4k video in a handheld. Force touch, a 12 MP camera with moving pictures and gaming ability. Samsung touts its camera, selfie capability, wireless charging, a stylus and a different screen. (all with young millennials.) Imagine national BlackBerry ads (not the you tube ads although I do like the Piers Morgan Passport ad) with the speed and flow of BlackBerry 10, Hub functions, File management, universal search, security and those business users that use them, functions and capabilities of the physical and virtual keyboard. Let's hope we see these with the Priv.

Z30 wickedness
    Well for one you don't get any of those things you mentioned with the Priv. The Hub is severely crippled, there is no native file management, they aren't going to advertise security because its Android, and the Universal search is the same as it is with any other Android phone.
    crackberry_geek and JeepBB like this.
    11-28-15 06:42 AM
    If you can go to the mall and show a Passport and a Z30 to the first 100 people and get even 2 of them to recognize what they are... without saying something like " I didn't know BlackBerry still existed... " then I will agree.

Hint... it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    This is so true. I still run into people constantly who see my phone (Z30) who have never heard of it and did not realize that BlackBerry was making anything new at all, especially a new OS.

They lost their will to advertise, that's all. These Priv web ads that have been appearing for the last few weeks are terrible. They say nothing about the product and if I was one of those people that I keep running into, I'd be thinking that they are still offering older designs.

I can recall the early iPhone commercials that focused on what the device could actually do (!) in a slick catchy ad. Those were the ads that sell products. Not these static say nothing web ads.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 07:12 AM
    Looking at instagram, they're putting the priv on the subway in new york, billboards, this and that. Why didn't they do this for bb10?!

Posted via CB10
    But BBRY did advertise for the Z10! This is only launch advertising. Don't expect this level of advertising for the next Android device if there is one.
    11-28-15 07:19 AM
    Now why is this sentiment posted so often? Do you really believe that people use Android or Apple merely because they want to "fit in"? Do you think that they are the only" sheep " and fan boys out there? I will never understand why some people have such a need to justify their preference for BlackBerry by belittling the preferences of others. I've used BlackBerry for many years, but now I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Why? Because I like it and it suits my needs. And, no, it's not because I like silly game apps. It's also because BlackBerry ceased being a cutting edge product years ago. All this talk about how secure BlackBerry is is nonsense. It's no more secure than any other phone and if anyone thinks otherwise, I'd like concrete proof. Not opinions and anecdotes.

Well said.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-28-15 07:23 AM
    Now even Microsoft is figuring out that the answer to that question is no.
    Microsoft knows/knew the answer is "no". That doesn't stop a company with multi-billion pockets from throwing away pocket change.

BBRY should have known better. It was in no position to bet the house on BB10.
    11-28-15 08:19 AM
    no apps no sales.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-28-15 08:29 AM
    A successful BB10 advertising campaign would have accomplished little except for increasing the amount of returned BB10 devices.
    I think this is the bottom line. As soon as BlackBerry saw the return rate, they knew no amount of advertising was going to make BB10 a success. There's no point in burning money to get people to buy the phones if they're quickly going to return them when they discover their limitations. It's worse than never having sold them in the first place, since it makes some people less likely to buy another BlackBerry in the future, and it creates grief for carriers.

We don't have, and probably never will have, real numbers on returns and retentions for BB10 (or any other) devices, but I'm personally convinced that the return rate was very high. If the return rate for the Priv is comparably high, we'll see the advertising fade out quickly. It just makes no sense to do otherwise. I hope, however, that the Priv does better.
    sentimentGX4 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-28-15 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry was not allowed to publicly advertise the original BlackBerry (RIM) brand. ...I thought everyone knew this.
    I did not know this. Why were they not allowed? Also wondered, why many mainstream apps that I had running both on Playbook and on the Z10 when it launched, such as Skype, Instagram and Netfilx, to name a few, are not available on BB World? The list of stupidities goes on, but would only make sense if they had some sort of the restriction, that the world, doesn't know about. We all know that capital and cashflow wasn't the issue, so what is it.

Thanks!
    11-28-15 08:34 AM
    They just advertised on the buses in New York city and on huge billboards too
    11-28-15 09:46 AM
    I second the whole attachments thing on iOS. I'm not even an executive and I have a dire need to that every now and then and I have to use a 3rd party app to get emails with attachments out (Outlook). The native email app on iOS is trash.

11-28-15 10:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry execs can tell from their own family members' smartphone choices that marketing isn't going to be the answer.

Also, isn't opening email attachments one of the most insecure things you can do? I'm surprised that such supposedly security-minded users feel it's essential to be able to send email attachments around.
    11-28-15 11:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry execs can tell from their own family members' smartphone choices that marketing isn't going to be the answer.

Also, isn't opening email attachments one of the most insecure things you can do? I'm surprised that such supposedly security-minded users feel it's essential to be able to send email attachments around.
    I don't even really know what to say here regarding your second statement. Email and mobility away from a physical location is critical and a primary form of communication inter and intra business. Including attachments within those messages.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    11-28-15 11:13 AM
    I don't even really know what to say here regarding your second statement. Email and mobility away from a physical location is critical and a primary form of communication inter and intra business. Including attachments within those messages.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    You are correct... something that many of us who actually work in the world of today clearly understand.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-28-15 12:02 PM
    So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-12237509_188121778199290_1586607128_n.jpg
    So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-11906273_1073481969351925_252556620_n.jpg
    So all of a sudden BlackBerry is advertising...-screen-shot-2015-11-28-7.14.00-pm.png
    zlatno and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-28-15 12:14 PM
    Living in NYC I have not seen any recent BB ads posted or in press (the last being perhaps for the Z10).

As far as I understand there is no immediate delivery for the PRIV.
    Perhaps only ATT has it as an order item. BH Photo, the NYC retailer, shows the PRIV as a back order item.

So where does BB until there is immediate delivery?
    No ads.
    11-28-15 12:22 PM
    You are correct... something that many of us who actually work in the world of today clearly understand.

Posted via CB10
    How is the corporate world surviving?
    11-28-15 02:35 PM
    How is the corporate world surviving?
    They aren't. If someone isn't using a Blackberry then they can't make it in the corporate world today. Don't you know that?? They will fail. Now if they purchase a BB then forget about it, productivity will ensue and they will be come a corporate giant.
    11-28-15 02:39 PM
    They aren't. If someone isn't using a Blackberry then they can't make it in the corporate world today. Don't you know that?? They will fail. Now if they purchase a BB then forget about it, productivity will ensue and they will be come a corporate giant.
    People actually believe this.
    donnation likes this.
    11-28-15 02:40 PM
    People actually believe this.
    Indeed. Plus BlackBerry doesn't even have any of the medical, engineering, legal, etc. apps most often used. . .

But as long as you can type milliseconds faster and swipe one less time, you will be more productive!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    11-28-15 03:58 PM
    BB10 users put too much importance on smartphones for Corporate success. When people are at the office the PC with multiple screens dominate. They won't use their puny screened phones with weak computer chips to analyse commodities and stock markets. Most workers also receive and make calls via the office landline for quality assurance and evidence purposes. I mainly use my smartphone to access or receive non-work related stuff. So let's cut the BS about BB10 phones as command control centers. At most I use my mobile phone during work 10% of the time. The rest of my time is spent in meetings, collaborating with my office mates or at my desk crunching numbers. I can even go as far as saying I'm more productive if I leave my phone in the drawer to cut out unnecessary distractions.
    11-28-15 04:02 PM
    BB10 users put too much importance on smartphones for Corporate success. When people are at the office the PC with multiple screens dominate. They won't use their puny screened phones with weak computer chips to analyse commodities and stock markets. Most workers also receive and make calls via the office landline for quality assurance and evidence purposes. I mainly use my smartphone to access or receive non-work related stuff. So let's cut the BS about BB10 phones as command control centers. At most I use my mobile phone during work 10% of the time. The rest of my time is spent in meetings, collaborating with my office mates or at my desk crunching numbers. I can even go as far as saying I'm more productive if I leave my phone in the drawer to cut out unnecessary distractions.
    Couldn't agree more.
    11-28-15 04:03 PM
    No we utilize Blend along with our dual monitors and never have to touch our devices. It's exceptional.

Z30 wickedness
    11-28-15 04:04 PM
389 ... 23456 ...