Lol @ no HDMI. Seems people should do more research and even with regards to the OS.
    People are complaining about no separate HDMI port. You need an adapter to use the HDMI port on the Priv.
    11-27-15 10:56 AM
    People are complaining about no separate HDMI port. You need an adapter to use the HDMI port on the Priv.
    And you need a cable to use the HDMI port.

In both cases you have buy another accessory. No difference.
    11-27-15 12:02 PM
    Price. No VZW. Old version of Android.
    11-27-15 12:23 PM
    BIS never gave more security or privacy. That's always needed BES.
    Well there ya go.....
    11-27-15 04:38 PM
    Does the priv have BlackBerry Protect?

Posted via Z30
    11-27-15 04:41 PM
    My wifie and I are hoping it comes out in a passport. Don't want to give up our square screen!!!!

Posted via my Passport Silver
    southlander likes this.
    11-27-15 04:55 PM
    No toolbelt
    11-27-15 05:21 PM
    Does the priv have BlackBerry Protect?

Posted via Z30
    Something similar, but it uses a Google account instead of BBID.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-27-15 06:39 PM
    For many people on here, it's having to admit you bet on the wrong horse instead of being a grownup that can admit that your reasons for justifying decision were just incorrect or unpopular. BB10 has never been secure like BBOS 7 since BB10 used carrier data instead of BIS. If you compare BB10 without BES to BlackBerry's hardened Android, I'd estimate the security level isn't much different.

Posted via CB10
    But the level of privacy invasion is far worse with Google controlling your phone.
    As for security, Chen does not agree with you. Even he said that BB10 was more secure than android Priv.
    I agree that BBOS on BIS was more secure than BB10. That was the first thing they gave up after the London riots of 2011 under government pressure.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/d...-method-choice

The second was compression, which they likely gave up under carrier pressure...
    Last edited by sorinv; 11-27-15 at 08:19 PM.
    jsmith00075 and lift like this.
    11-27-15 07:59 PM
    Love the priv and the keyboard is cool, but sometimes you wonder if it will actually be used since the on screen keyboard is just as good
    11-28-15 01:59 AM
    Why not get a chromecast?
    11-28-15 03:58 PM
    Something similar, but it uses a Google account instead of BBID.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Even though I don't think it works the same as BlackBerry Protect e.g. with androids if you can boot to the recovery menu you can just factory reset/wipe the device from there and it won't ask you for any password unless some things have changed in lollipop. With protect after 10 failed attempts the phone wipes itself and upon set up it asks for your BlackBerry ID and password. The androids I have dealt with you press a key combo like power button and volume down button and hold it till it gets to the recovery menu.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 04:56 PM
    The #1 reason why I'm not interested is because of Android.
    I get it - I get that this is probably what is needed for BlackBerry to survive. It doesn't mean I like it, however.
    gebco, lift and jsmith00075 like this.
    11-28-15 05:02 PM
    Price

It's too expensive right now

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 05:35 PM
    Simple: it just runs Android.....

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-28-15 05:57 PM
    Too blimey expensive! As beautiful as it is. I just today bought the BB Z10 and will be happy with that for sure. I didn't have to mortgage the grandchildren for it either. Or wait until Donald Trump's wife divorces him, then maybe..Twenty two years of experience in technology informs me that it is impossible to keep up with ever changing technology every three months. I like living debt free. That I even splurged on a Blackberry today is already more than I dreamt of owning. Il y a toujours une limite. There is a limit to everything. If somebody want to leave me their BB Android leave me it in your Will.
    gebco, m1kr0, anfidhlear and 1 others like this.
    11-28-15 06:25 PM
    Price is obviously a deterrent for some, but there's really no reason not to like this phone. Sure, I loved BB10 on my Q10 but I love having available apps more. The phone is brilliant, from the design to feeling the weight of it in your hands. It's nice to have a BlackBerry nowadays that manages to get a "wow" reaction from people because they want to know more about it, rather than being amazed that you're still using one.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    11-28-15 06:34 PM
    Price, $899 CAD is steep.

After marshmellow comes out for it, if the price doesn't drop I may fork out the cash.
    11-28-15 06:52 PM
    Android

Bought the Priv for my Wife and I am not at all impressed with it. I have used android in the past and it is still as bad as I remember. There literally is nothing BlackBerry about the Priv except the keyboard. I have a horrible time getting in contact with the Wife since she started using the Priv. The reception is poor, the notifications are poor and BBM is poor on it.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    whunterr and lift like this.
    11-28-15 08:39 PM
    I'll buy one when it comes with BB10.
    lift likes this.
    11-28-15 09:05 PM
    Because it is not amazing.. the premise is wrong.
    JeepBB, lift, Mansoor2 and 1 others like this.
    11-29-15 02:10 AM
    I can give 899 reasons...plus tax.
    11-29-15 04:32 AM
    LOL the number of people coming into the android subsection to say they are not getting it because it's an android. Why are they here then. Just curious.

I don't bother with the classic section. I certainly don't go there and say "oh cos there's a toolbelt". Why spend time in a section you dislike?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 04:48 AM
    LOL the number of people coming into the android subsection to say they are not getting it because it's an android. Why are they here then. Just curious.

I don't bother with the classic section. I certainly don't go there and say "oh cos there's a toolbelt". Why spend time in a section you dislike?

1) Because the thread asks why we do not buy the Priv. Who do you expect to answer that question, those who bought it and love android?

2) To convey the message to Chen that this not what the Crackberry majority voted for. Crackberry voted for a slider with BB10.
    He is not providing a solution for BB10 users to update their hardware.
    Asvertus, kbz1960, JeepBB and 8 others like this.
    11-29-15 06:25 AM

Those that post in this thread why they are not getting the Priv are people who can comprehend the title of this thread.
    I doubt I will get it just because of the size. If a Classic or Bold size Android version is released then I will seriously consider switching.
    11-29-15 06:36 AM
495 ... 1213141516 ...