The Z10 had outstanding two day battery life, the Q10 never double typed, Passport screens never lifted, and the Priv does not have any creaking issues, capisce?

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having OP
    Iggy City, naijab0y and bluetroll like this.
    11-26-15 04:28 PM
    I really just have to say, this phone has by far the worst build quality of any phone I have ever used, as far as I can recall.

The side under the power button has a noticeable movement and pop when gripping it. The back side near the volume buttons is hollow and produces a noticeable creek sound when pushed on. And, the screen can be infuriating at times. If I don't periodically 'adjust' the device it will click like the haptic feedback is turned on while I type, although it's one of the first things I turned off. It's like having a Storm all over again.

If I can 'adjust' the phone and make the click come and go, it is clear to me that the frame or whatever is too weak and bends and flexes making the slider tighter or looser.

Don't get me wrong, I like BlackBerry, I like the phone, and I'm keeping it, but the build quality is something to be desired. Honestly, I wonder if the people who claim their build quality is perfect are either blindly ignoring it, have beat up phones that normally end up like this, or keep their phones in glass jars and only ever look at them.
    kertong and dejanh like this.
    11-26-15 05:22 PM
    I don't think they're blind or not using the phone.

It's just that BlackBerry has horrible QC as we saw from BB10 phones as well.

Normally on the production line, every 10,000 (or more or less) phone gets tested....none of that is evident from BlackBerry. There is a huge variety of quality.
    11-26-15 05:26 PM
    You can go into any phone forum and find these same complaints about the qc of those products. Both of the bb10 devices I've had were the best quality phones I've had including an original passport where the screen still magically hasn't lifted up like I'm told it has to from these forums.

The iphone that came before was a joke in quality. Not to mention the sync cable completely fraying from normal use. What a joke that was.
    11-26-15 05:31 PM
    I am in the USA and I have a AT&T model and I haven't experienced any of the creaking issue folks are complaining about.

I also have one of the first batch devices distributed here. I don't know the difference between the two models, but I am a happy camper with the build quality of my unit.

Wait, I thought you weren't getting one
    11-26-15 05:56 PM
    Wait, I thought you weren't getting one
    I never said I wasn't getting one, I canceled my pre order because DR jerked me around and I ended up buying one from a friends wife who won one of the promo units they gave away at the 40th GMA show in NY.

The price was one I couldn't refuse and now I am just waiting for the unlock code from AT&T so I can use it on T Mobile. I should have it tomorrow and I can't wait to make it my daily driver.
    11-26-15 06:35 PM
    Just my 0.02...

I'm a bit disappointed as well. The creaking is completely unacceptable. The slight wobble I can live with.

I just exchanged mine for a brand new one. I opened the new one and I can already see one of the tabs below the power button isn't staying clicked into the frame. Back it goes.

I wish someone would just post a fix I can do myself. Constantly calling in is beginning to get annoying. Not to mention constantly paying for screen protectors.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kertong, Andrew Finley and dusanvn like this.
    11-26-15 06:44 PM
    Out of curiosity, how can BlackBerry / Wistron really let a device at this price point leave the factory with a creaking back?.
    It seems like a relatively common issue reading the forums + also some videos on youtube.
    11-26-15 07:52 PM
    Out of curiosity, how can BlackBerry / Wistron really let a device at this price point leave the factory with a creaking back?.
    It seems like a relatively common issue reading the forums + also some videos on youtube.
    Is this one of the videos you are referring to?

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-26-15 at 08:32 PM.
    11-26-15 08:18 PM
    Agreed... but hardware issues are either present or not present. They cannot be patched and they are inexcusable. A �560 phone should not creak, bend or flex when touched lightly.
    So you should contact BlackBerry instead of the CrackBerry forum because nobody here can help you with the hardware issue you have (had).

Is it attention you seek? Perhaps. Whenever I have an issue with a purchase I made, I don't go into a forum to make some kind of grand announcement. Why would I or anybody else do this? LMAO

There might be question marks in my reply, but I won't be back if these are answered in any way. So don't waste time.

ce71 likes this.
    11-26-15 08:20 PM
    I'm just pointing out that for every "I hate my priv blah blah" post you have thousands of people who have no issues at all.
    You don't have any CONCRETE data to say something like that! I have never seen such an apologist in my life. I think you are obsessed with android and this Priv and no matter what ANYBODY says, you seem to have a rebuttal. Incorrect information in your posts and threads most of the time.
    There are a LOT of BB10 fans here because this is a BlackBerry forum. Since the Priv came along now you think you are some kind of Priv expert and everyone else doesn't know what they are doing or they couldn't possibly have any hardware issues because you don't. Your making me sick with your relentless bull. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is feeling that way about you.
    It's just a phone and your threads about how you "calculated" how many millions will be sold is the funniest crap I have read in a long time.
    anon(9208252) and Esi_T like this.
    11-26-15 08:34 PM
    I'm returning my PRIV whaaaa" thread then they clearly are just looking for attention.
    And your multiple threads about how many Priv's are going to be sold are not for attention??? Man, there is something wrong with you. Seriously!
    anon(9208252) and Esi_T like this.
    11-26-15 08:36 PM

BlackBerry Priv forum, not Nexus.
    11-26-15 08:37 PM

Lol, how can Google/Huawei allow these creaky $700 phones to be released.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 08:49 PM
    Lol, how can Google/Huawei allow these creaky $700 phones to be released.

Posted via CB10
    I know right? How the heck can that happen? Anybody?

tmf06 and sidhuk like this.
    11-26-15 08:57 PM
    BlackBerry Priv forum, not Nexus.
    Oh I'm sorry...

11-26-15 08:59 PM
    Oh I'm sorry...

Give it a rest, man. Every device as build issues, but the Priv seems to have a higher percentage of its fan base saying so. Maybe unfairly so, because it's a slider, or maybe fairly because it has an inappropriate quantity of build issues.

To be honest, you found one video of Nexus 6P build issues. The 6P is known for being VERY well built. The Priv NOT. I have my third on the way. It's a slider, but they could have done better
    lift and Esi_T like this.
    11-26-15 10:03 PM
    Well it's a slider phone so it has to be able to slide...while the slider is open, if you push down on the bottom of the glass it is going to flex a bit because the center of balance shifts and is putting upwards force from where it sits in the rails...it's simple physics and certainly not something worth returning it over...maybe a slider phone just isn't for you because over time they will loosen up...however it causes no detriment to the usability of it.

I have an HP Pre3 that's almost 4 years old, and saw 2 years of everyday use. No creaks. It's a solid phone. So the fact that it's a slider doesn't mean that you have to accept substandard quality.
    lift likes this.
    11-26-15 11:18 PM
    i really dont think there is a real issue.
    If I had a dollar for every time someone said this about double typing....
    11-26-15 11:22 PM
    Give it a rest, man. Every device as build issues, but the Priv seems to have a higher percentage of its fan base saying so. Maybe unfairly so, because it's a slider, or maybe fairly because it has an inappropriate quantity of build issues.

To be honest, you found one video of Nexus 6P build issues. The 6P is known for being VERY well built. The Priv NOT. I have my third on the way. It's a slider, but they could have done better
    The point is that all phones experience things like this...the difference here is there are a bunch of bb10ers who want the priv to fail because they think that if it does then BlackBerry will resume with bb10. Bb10 is dead. Deal with it.

11-26-15 11:28 PM
    I remember when passport was released. The cb forums were filled with " oh my God, passport can't get in to my pocket". "My 5th passport with screen lift when I pressed letter U" etc etc. Or passport too wide.
    Purchased two passports. One from Telus and the other one from shopblackberry.com and used it for one year they are still going and love em. No issues.
    Now the Priv. CB site is filled again. How people love BlackBerry and how they keep on buying cheap built phone but out of their love they keep on buying second or 3rd unit and returning them because BlackBerry builds bad phone. But my hats are off to their dedication to BlackBerry, so that they can make sure that BlackBerry thrives and survives. And if some has a no issue priv then those people are told that they are not telling the truth. Love watching this love hate drama. It happens at the one and only, CB site. Love it.

Posted via the Priv.
    11-26-15 11:31 PM
    The point is that all phones experience things like this...the difference here is there are a bunch of bb10ers who want the priv to fail because they think that if it does then BlackBerry will resume with bb10. Bb10 is dead. Deal with it.

I don't think that's the issue at all. I think the Priv has real build issues, and you don't want to hear them. I liked BB10, and I'm happy to let it go. I'm also a huge Android fan. But I can see the Priv isn't well built.

Sorry man, it's not all a conspiracy by a group hoping for Priv's failure. Some of what people saying here is just true. Sorry.
    lift and Esi_T like this.
    11-26-15 11:38 PM
    I never said I wasn't getting one, I canceled my pre order because DR jerked me around and I ended up buying one from a friends wife who won one of the promo units they gave away at the 40th GMA show in NY.

The price was one I couldn't refuse and now I am just waiting for the unlock code from AT&T so I can use it on T Mobile. I should have it tomorrow and I can't wait to make it my daily driver.

Nice catch!
    11-27-15 12:30 AM
    This many users and reviewers commenting on the build quality issue certainly isn't "normal".

Spin it which ever way you like, but this phone's build quality is not up to par to other devices at this price point.
    zocster, dejanh and lift like this.
    11-27-15 12:44 AM
    There is already a thread for people who are returning their Priv. in the sticky section. Not sure why CB is let this one loose.
    We're busy. Now it's closed....
    11-27-15 12:47 AM
100 ... 234