No one on BB10 cares, we have native BlackBerry Apps built in.

Then people wonder why we "delusional fan boys clinging onto the past" screamed blue murder about BlackBerry going down the Android path. We're not crazy, we just don't settle for "good enough".

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    You took it, and ran with it, huh?
    11-25-15 03:44 PM
    Just tried Asus Explorer myself and WOW! It even connects to my server flawlessly! For sure I will now ditch ES and never look back.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    lift and damien kupuku like this.
    11-25-15 05:44 PM
    Do I have to point out the fact that you have no way of knowing if your information is being redirected to another place on either BB10, Android, iOS, Windows 10, etc unless you are actually monitoring every network packet?

Sure, you are probably safe on BB10, but you don't know for sure.
    The point was that you have to hobble together Apps in Android to get what BlackBerry provides natively. Privacy is subjective.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Superdupont 2_0 and lift like this.
    11-25-15 05:48 PM
    You need about one minute to download solid explorer, it doesn't access your data.. problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    That isn't my point. My point is that among the myriad of Android file managers, how do I know which one is the safest with regards to my privacy? How much time do I really want to take to go through reviews etc to find a core app? I think BB needs to include a file manager with the suite of apps on the Priv where the ulterior motive is not to data mine.
    In fairness, I have seen some of the responses here indicating that Dtek is not picking up any unusual activity from ES file explorer. But it seems that for others this may not be the case. The unknown here leaves doubts in my mind.
    lift likes this.
    11-25-15 08:33 PM
    me: total commander
    11-25-15 10:42 PM
    Thanks for the heads up - I switched to Amaze and its definitely lighter and simple

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift likes this.
    11-25-15 11:09 PM
    I wonder if us BB10 users had Dteck if we would have noticed some issues with ES File Explore.....
    I actually wonder whether DTEK will be among the promised privacy enhancements coming with 10.3.3...
    11-26-15 08:02 AM
    what app is that? Is that Solid?
    called File Manager by ASUS, really good. i enjoy it!
    11-26-15 09:10 AM
    Like many on this thread I looked at my DTEK and it tells me ES never accessed anything om my PRIV. For fun I installed OS Monitor and to my surprise...

I'll show you my PRIV, if you show me yours
    Attached Thumbnails Priv users: Stay away from ES File Explorer-20753.jpg  
    11-26-15 09:57 AM
    Like many on this thread I looked at my DTEK and it tells me ES never accessed anything om my PRIV. For fun I installed OS Monitor and to my surprise...
    That's a very cool feature!
    I think it would be cool if future versions of DTEK could show us details of network connections.

I am using Network Monitor on BB10, but regrettably it is very very rudimental, the dev never really improved it.
    11-26-15 11:36 AM

So not only does DTEK NOT allow you to stop apps from doing things, It also is not catching things that other apps seem to have no problem with. Another fail for the Priv.
    11-26-15 08:56 PM
    The point was that you have to hobble together Apps in Android to get what BlackBerry provides natively. Privacy is subjective.
    I suspect a good number of folks would be more likely to describe the BB10 experience as "hobbled together" though.
    11-26-15 09:14 PM

Downloaded this app. Thanks!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-27-15 03:01 PM
63 123