Blend not available for the device.....no theme support (that I can find)....took away my peek a boo gesture from the Passport...not sure....I unfortunately have always carried two devices....most recently Passport and Note 5 so the Android switch was not so traumatic but some of the efficiencies of the blackberry menus which we had with the Passport and previous devices. Now I realize that the GearS2 does not fully function with the device :-( ...I am hopeful for many many updates for this device!
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    11-24-15 04:13 PM
    I'm pretty happy with the device; there are only a few minor bugs that BB needs to fix (Hub and calendar integration with FB, heat, etc.)
    11-24-15 04:53 PM
    [QUOTE=CakesBerry;12105662]
    So the galaxy 6 has a better camera. Have you tried them side by side. I was interested.

Not haven't. But I can recall every time I get my hands on a galaxy and see the camera I'm blown away. I just took some test pictures in my office and there has been a big improvement with blackberry, but it's still a bit behind on the overall out of the box quality than the competitors for some reason..BUT at the same time the blackberry takes better pics in certain conditions.

Storm > 9780 > Z10 > Z30 > Priv
    8 Years Strong
    Cheers mate. That was helpful.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 05:16 PM
    Not with the weak vibrate, I'm not...
    11-24-15 05:17 PM
    Not with the weak vibrate, I'm not...
    Can't you change the vibration speed and strength? That's bad.

But now that it's android, I guess there are million apps for said issue in Google play.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 05:27 PM
    I'm happy with mine mainly due to the keyboard. Excluding Blackberries own apps the core android experience is probably a tad worse then my old note 3, in fact I would say it feels exactly like my Note 3 was when it was 1st updated to lollipop with a touch of lag and a crash every so often.

On a side note I had Z10 and passport on release and they where both shocking software wise, more so the Z10. I would hands down say the priv has had a much smoother release, the bb10 issues seem to have been forgotten here however.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-24-15 06:18 PM
    Very happy because it's awesome. It's a fun phone. Well designed.

11-24-15 09:45 PM
    Not happy with, no file manager, no music player, no photo and video gallery and the very poor build quality coming from blackberry who are known for great hardware. Everything moves and creeks!

11-24-15 11:39 PM
    Very much so! It has everything I want in a phone. Nothing to complain about "EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING" that the phone is not perfect. With that being said I look forward to future updates and blackberry continued support and advancement of Android in their own way.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    11-25-15 12:53 AM
    Yes and no.

The phone is buggy as hell especially for a 700 US dollars phone. Google play services constantly crash, MMS won't send or receive while Wi-Fi is connected, Wi-Fi calling keeps enabling itself even after constantly disabling it, and airplane mode also disables itself a lot of times.

It feels good and looks good though, but I don't know...
    wikison likes this.
    11-25-15 01:00 AM
    Love the Priv - having full android app support is great. I had Passport Silver before (have had many BB's, Iphone, Samsung, HTC), I always thought Blackberry Hub was the best and having it on the Priv is really nice. I actually love the virtual keyboard, it is even better than the physical keyboard of the Passport, I find myself never using the physical keyboard on the Priv. Camera is amazing and being able to watch Netflix on fullsize screen is nice.

I miss Blackberry Blend a lot, but I am sure Blackberry will eventually release it for Priv. Best built phone I have had, equal or maybe even better than Passport Silver. Battery life is good, not as good as Passport, but again I think Blackberry will fix this with updates.
    11-25-15 02:31 AM
    Oh! No android on the BlackBerry Priv?? Wasn't that supposed to be the whole idea? A blend between bbs robustness and android OS (not compatible, but android)?? So what's BlackBerry doing to get their market s back? I was waiting for this device to decide whether to continue with BlackBerry or move on to something where applications are available, supported and developed! Wow, I can't believe I have to move to android now!
    11-25-15 06:47 AM
    How long have you had the PRIV? Has battery life improved? No I didn't say the "s" word

Edit: was replying to donnation. Sorry.
    Last edited by keepthetorch; 11-25-15 at 08:32 AM. Reason: replying to donnation not the whole thread
    11-25-15 08:31 AM
    Oh! No android on the BlackBerry Priv?? Wasn't that supposed to be the whole idea? A blend between bbs robustness and android OS (not compatible, but android)?? So what's BlackBerry doing to get their market s back? I was waiting for this device to decide whether to continue with BlackBerry or move on to something where applications are available, supported and developed! Wow, I can't believe I have to move to android now!
    I know.

Let's sigh heavily

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:58 AM
    THE HORROR.

Posted via CB10
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    11-25-15 12:02 PM
    Not happy with, no file manager, no music player, no photo and video gallery and the very poor build quality coming from blackberry who are known for great hardware. Everything moves and creeks!

I think with so many apps available for these things there is no need...also there is a photo and video gallery.

11-25-15 12:53 PM
    I love it! It's like a dream come true. The best of Blackberry and Android in one phone.

What I loved about BB10: Blackberry Hub, Virtual Keyboard,
    What I loved about Android: Ecosystem, Customization, Google Services

Now I have access to all these features on one phone.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    11-25-15 02:08 PM
    Well, I have dabbled with Windows phone, but I found the OS to be somewhat restrictive. I'm always on the lookout for new toys and the new Windows 10 phones are looking promising. I personally like MS, I have windows 10 on my desktop and I'm a part time Xbox'er. I can't specifically say why I didn't get along with WP, it just didn't give me that 'flow' like BlackBerry does. As for iphone, I hear people all the time say "it just works". Well yes it does, but when your target market is everyone, "it just works" doesn't cut the mustard for me. When I'm at work, the Passport lets me excel at productivity without the distraction of all the other things I don't want. It's not trying to tie me in to an ecosystem or target me with ads. Sometimes you need a device that does what you want really really well and does the things you don't need or want really badly. That's what BlackBerry 10 is to me. It facilitates me. The Priv on the other hand (so long as I can avoid being tempted to do work on it) is an excellent personal phone. It's fine for everything, 'ok Google' is a really handy thing to be able to use. The Priv is with me during working hours for that alone. When I want to know something, it tells me. Great to be working on the PC or Passport and just talk without taking my eyes off what I'm doing. And when I'm out and about in the evening or on a trip into the city, Google maps is fast and accurate. I'm happy with it and Marshmallow and further refinements to the BlackBerry apps will be an interesting journey.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    Cheers mate. You was very helpful. Don't know when marshmallow will land, but that will only make the phone more secure since it will have granular app permission.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 02:42 PM
    get Camera++ from Blackberry world and use that instead of the baked in Camera app and all your problems will be fixed.It's $ 2.99, but it's worth it to get high quality pics, without having to switch to an other phone.
    11-25-15 04:59 PM
    I laugh when i hear people talk about how good WP is. Well it's not, BB10 is way better and is more fluid and intuitive.Windows phone is in the same boat as BB10 i.e. not all major apps are available..SO in my opinion it would be stupid to go from BB10 to WP if your looking for more apps. In that case go for the new Blackberry Priv, with all the apps your would ever want. So yes wouldn't it be dumb to drop BB10 for WP? Glad i could help.
    11-25-15 05:04 PM
    It's a great phone but the signal strength is 10-15 dbm weaker than my q5. This has been my primary issue with android phones I've tried before as they drop calls.

I also have an ear speaker than rattles and buzzes at louder volumes and the squishy creaky back.

It's probably going back even though everything else about the phone is great.

11-25-15 05:26 PM
    It's okay so far. I'm not happy yet tough. I think it's a big upgrade screen wise and app wise.

But what I dislike is the battery life and how hot the phone constantly is. Keep in mind I've only had the phone for 2 days. But for what it is I don't think I should be having those type of problems for 740$.
    I think future updates will help. We shall see.

And coming from the passport they keyboard just feels awfully small. I prefer the passport keyboard by a long shot. Maybe I've just gotten used to it.
    Plus you don't feel the tactillity of the PKB on the priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 05:33 PM
    It's okay so far. I'm not happy yet tough. I think it's a big upgrade screen wise and app wise.

But what I dislike is the battery life and how hot the phone constantly is. Keep in mind I've only had the phone for 2 days. But for what it is I don't think I should be having those type of problems for 740$.
    I think future updates will help. We shall see.

And coming from the passport they keyboard just feels awfully small. I prefer the passport keyboard by a long shot. Maybe I've just gotten used to it.
    Plus you don't feel the tactillity of the PKB on the priv.

Posted via CB10
    Just do the updates and let it settle in...according to the specs you can expect 24 hours with mixed use. With mixed use I get 30 plus hours with 6 sot.

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-25-15 at 07:00 PM.
    11-25-15 06:33 PM
    Just do the updates and let it settle in...according to the specs you can expect 24 hours with mixed use. With mixed use I get 33 plus hours with 6 sot.

Yeah I know all my apps are up to date. I'll just have to give it some time.

Here's to hoping it improves!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:40 PM
    Here are the screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails Are you happy with your priv?-screenshot_2015-11-25-16-34-12.jpg   Are you happy with your priv?-screenshot_2015-11-25-16-34-16.jpg   Are you happy with your priv?-screenshot_2015-11-25-16-34-22.jpg  
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-25-15 at 06:55 PM.
    11-25-15 06:43 PM
138 12345 ...