View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow, looks like someone/something sits on the $7.99 line with a machete and beheads any sort of peak !

Attachment 382031
    As you have noted, we seem to have some technical work occurring at $ 8.00/shr. Some CB members have stated that TA is a waste of time but in the absence of news, TA is where it is at. Having said that, $ 8.00/shr has stopped many rally attempts for several months now including our most recent attempt. The good news is that when the stock finally climbs above $ 8.00/shr you can expect those who are selling and capping the stock today ,to be buying on any weakness. With tomorrow a holiday and a 1/2 day on Friday, this week might not produce a rally but I woundn't be surprised to see us move upward to the 200-dma next week when everyone comes back.
    11-25-15 01:11 PM
    Quarter ends this Saturday. For anyone forecasting this Q.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    11-25-15 01:16 PM
    Anyone else see the tweet that Disney is now using the Passport for business?
    nope ... but thanks for letting me search for it !
    No other time has BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) prospects in the smartphone business looked brighter than ever with the BlackBerry Priv. The Canadian company hopes the smartphone will kick start its resurgence in the industry after years of battering from the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.
    Morning Beat: BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY), Walt Disney Co (DIS), and Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX)
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-25-15 01:19 PM
    As you have noted, we seem to have some technical work occurring at $ 8.00/shr. Some CB members have stated that TA is a waste of time but in the absence of news, TA is where it is at. Having said that, $ 8.00/shr has stopped many rally attempts for several months now including our most recent attempt. The good news is that when the stock finally climbs above $ 8.00/shr you can expect those who are selling and capping the stock today ,to be buying on any weakness. With tomorrow a holiday and a 1/2 day on Friday, this week might not produce a rally but I woundn't be surprised to see us move upward to the 200-dma next week when everyone comes back.
    What worries me is the "Enquirer type" article from our best analyst in town who I'm sure is now putting together a summary of half truths half lies info during our quiet period!

Something like 12 aliens captured in security video while attempting to return their Priv's into an AT&T store will not surprise me...

Advance Happy Thanksgiving to all the US followers here. May you all celebrate in Peace and Harmony.

From your Canuck co follower up north.

La E.
    11-25-15 01:36 PM
    More reading in regards to Priv.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...oard-and-more/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    sidhuk, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    11-25-15 01:59 PM
    Interesting question!

http://crackberry.com/what-gadgets-d...ce-600-new-toy

In regards to the comments on this question. BlackBerry should stick with the Passport and Priv. Release an Android of the Passport and a BB10 of the Priv, and also an update of the Classic (I miss the track ball on my bold). Roll that track ball and keep rolling it, sometimes I would just roll the ball for no reason. Lol

Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    11-25-15 02:08 PM
    La Emperor, sidhuk, gedob and 13 others like this.
    11-25-15 02:15 PM
    I guess we're seeing some profit-taking with BB stock
    11-25-15 02:27 PM
    Facebook stops syncing contacts on Android phones, BlackBerry 10 still best for communications | ZDNet

BLACKBERRY OS 10 SUCCESSES

I recently picked up my third BlackBerry Passport and Facebook contact syncing works flawlessly. All the contact details, latest profile photo, recent Facebook updates, and recent activity are all viewable right from within the Contacts application on the BlackBerry Passport.

You can even start typing the name of the person at any time and quickly have their contact information appear in the universal search utility. BlackBerry 10 OS remains the clear winner when it comes to efficient communications and this Facebook sync issue is just one example.
    11-25-15 02:28 PM
    Makes sense, Mr. Chen has been on the board of directors at Disney since 2004.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/abo...d-of-directors
    11-25-15 02:31 PM
    I suppose people need Black Friday spending money.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 02:35 PM
    Don't waste your time to open the ZDNet article on The biggest tech turkeys of 2015, a sad example of extremely poor reporting. A repeat offender of why some journalists are greatly overpaid, as they have absolutely no clue on how to do proper reporting as completely devoid of very basic skills. And they have no shame, the word quality being so foreign to them -- what a negative wasteland!
    11-25-15 02:58 PM
    Nice recovery after that sell off. Still well within range and lots of room on the RSI to push on through $8. May not happen Friday as it's a short day with many not even showing up, but Monday should see it happen.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    11-25-15 03:07 PM
    OT - For anyone looking for a "trade", it seems GFF may have just broken above the 9 month long channel it's been stuck in. If it holds, it should be good till about the $22.75 area. This is an 8 year high so looks like a pretty bullish move. Just something to chew on over the boredom of closed US markets.
    11-25-15 03:19 PM
    Wow, looks like someone/something sits on the $7.99 line with a machete and beheads any sort of peak !

Attachment 382031
    All I can think of is the La Linea cartoon going back and forth with a lawn mower.
    11-25-15 03:53 PM
    @ Zlatno: where are you located, if I may ask?

You made some really (!) good points. Remember, we all want BlackBerry to succeed. I know that I've been sounding less optimistic, even a tad pessimistic, at times. I just feel like that, with their product portfolio, and the current market trends strongly favoring a business focus on security, we need every aspect of their business to start growing NOW. I've felt like we couldn't have asked for anyone better at the helm with JC. However, if he decides to go another route with hardware, I for one will feel that with the Passport and PRIV, a better (... fill in the blank) could've produced better results in terms of sales. Anyway, we'll read about it soon enough. GL

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:56 PM
    Out of 50 ATT stores in LA area 45 are out of stock for Priv. Amazon sold out again..
    11-25-15 04:13 PM
    Corbu thanks for posting the tweet, I was at work on my cell and didn't have time for much other than the quick post.
    11-25-15 04:24 PM
    Least I could do, Kris!
    11-25-15 04:26 PM
    The BlackBerry Priv has finally been released. The highly anticipated phone, which debuted in November, has been in high demand and sold out every time it gets restocked. BlackBerry may have created a phone that has the ability to function like a tablet with the size and simplicity of a smartphone. Is Blackberry Priv better than all of the android phones on market? Take a look at 4 reasons BlackBerry Priv is better than other Android phones.

BlackBerry Priv: 4 Reasons Priv Is Better Than Other Android Phones
    Nice but Unfortunately,

This is a pretty poorly written article... was it translated from something else?

The paragraph about BBM doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

Not to shoot down whoever wrote it, I wouldn't say the stuff I write is amazing...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-25-15 04:37 PM
    Nice but Unfortunately,

This is a pretty poorly written article... was it translated from something else?

The paragraph about BBM doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

Not to shoot down whoever wrote it, I wouldn't say the stuff I write is amazing...

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if it was translated. Came across the article and liked it because it was positive about the phone and therefore the company.
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-25-15 05:04 PM
    What do you think about the Blackberry apps on Google play store with only 10000 downloads? I know it means between 10000 and 50000 user that downloaded or uploaded those apps. It was 5000 a week ago. The exfat driver app has only 1000. I understand some user could have not updated yet but I thought auto update was on by default. Are these numbers updated daily? Weekly? Do you think it's a good indicator for sale number? It could be the most precise one. If it's correct, it's a bit disappointing.

Anyway, I really like the Priv, even better than the passport for me. I believe this phone could make Blackberry sell much more phone than the last year. The next month will be interesting to see.
    11-25-15 05:16 PM
    What do you think about the Blackberry apps on Google play store with only 10000 downloads? I know it means between 10000 and 50000 user that downloaded or uploaded those apps. It was 5000 a week ago. The exfat driver app has only 1000. I understand some user could have not updated yet but I thought auto update was on by default. Are these numbers updated daily? Weekly? Do you think it's a good indicator for sale number? It could be the most precise one. If it's correct, it's a bit disappointing.

Anyway, I really like the Priv, even better than the passport for me. I believe this phone could make Blackberry sell much more phone than the last year. The next month will be interesting to see.
    It would be really disappointing if BlackBerry would actually allow us to keep track of their sales! Poor security decision on BlackBerry! Heads are going to roll. lol. So the answer is NO to the numbers being correct.

11-25-15 06:31 PM
    It would be really disappointing if BlackBerry would actually allow us to keep track of their sales! Poor security decision on BlackBerry! Heads are going to roll. lol. So the answer is NO to the numbers being correct.

I hear you, and truthfully don't know. But I will believe these numbers are accurate until proven otherwise.

My thinking:
    1. Why would someone buy an android device and not create a google account and sign-in? What percentage of people do that?
    2. Why would google under report downloads for blackberry? I could see potentially blackberry asking them not to show downloads at all, but under report? The only other explanation is that these numbers are updated periodically (e.g., weekly, monthly)... but that would be surprising too.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    Last edited by b121; 11-25-15 at 08:39 PM.
    11-25-15 07:46 PM
    I hear you, and truthfully don't know. But I will believe these numbers are accurate until proven otherwise.

My thinking:
    1. Why would someone buy an android device and not create a google account and sign-in? What percentage of people do that?
    2. Why would google under report downloads for blackberry? I could see potentially blackberry asking them not to show downloads at all, but under report??? The only other explanation is that these numbers are updated periodically (e.g., weekly, monthly)... but that would be surprising too.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    Hey its free to think and dream, so all the power to you. I just want to thank Google for the real time data. I just wished they could actually give me a more precise number count, instead of 10K to 50K. My count stands at 36 units sold.

zlatno likes this.
    11-25-15 08:40 PM
113,250 ... 37023703370437053706 ...