View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "My Passport has taken the place of my digital camera. I use it for all of my event pictures, which are then used on our company�s various blogs, press releases and more. The images are of such brilliant quality; they truly help us highlight what we do in Canada in terms of our Outreach projects."
    That lady doesn't know what she is talking about! Remember that the camera sucks! You know high beams and low beams and what ever people wanted to say. Lol

Good eye Sidhuk!
    10-13-15 12:44 PM
    10-13-15 01:17 PM
    OT - Hey Morgan.... you still propping HALO at $13.50?

Posted via CB10

Edit - apparently not lol
    That's funny! I noticed all my $ 13.51 and $ 13.50 orders are filled and there is a lot more for me below that. I'm fine with that, buying more right now but taking my time as there appears to be zero hurry!
    10-13-15 02:10 PM
    That's funny! I noticed all my $ 13.51 and $ 13.50 orders are filled and there is a lot more for me below that. I'm fine with that, buying more right now but taking my time as there appears to be zero hurry!
    Could this be fear selling ahead of the debate with Clinton tonight?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    10-13-15 02:19 PM
    Speaking of autonomous cars, PSA (Peugeot/Citroen) recently achieved an interesting milestone:

On Friday, 2 October 2015, one of PSA Peugeot Citro�n's four autonomous vehicles travelled the motorway from Paris to Bordeaux to take part in the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) World Congress, which runs from 5 to 9 October.

The 580km trip was completed entirely in autonomous mode, without driver involvement. The car autonomously adjusted its speed and changed lanes to overtake, taking into account other vehicles, speed limits and infrastructure.
    A PSA prototype car travels from Paris to Bordeaux in autonomous mode | PSA PEUGEOT CITRO�N

I have searched everywhere but can't find any reference to QNX in this endeavour.

For those who are interested, the following two videos provide quite a bit more information. In French only, unfortunately.

10-13-15 02:21 PM
    Could this be fear selling ahead of the debate with Clinton tonight?

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I think it is, the drop is on light volume and despite the fact that she is sliding in the polls, it is a serious matter. These are the times to step up and make some purchases so that's what I'm doing all day here. Last time I was posting to this thread I missed my purchases so this time, I'll refrain until 4:00 PM! GL
    10-13-15 02:23 PM
    That's exactly what I think it is, the drop is on light volume and despite the fact that she is sliding in the polls, it is a serious matter. These are the times to step up and make some purchases so that's what I'm doing all day here. Last time I was posting to this thread I missed my purchases so this time, I'll refrain until 4:00 PM! GL
    Duly noted, Morgan. I also notice that the IBB index is down roughly 25% over the last three months while HALO seems to be down about 40%. Could it then be that, on top of the Clinton/Drug Policy factor, we are looking at a general IBB downturn perhaps tied to some uncertainty over the Fed's indecisiveness over the last six months, the China conundrum and the fact that funds have considerably flowed out of that volatile sector? Still believe in HALO, though. Simply trying to understand what is behind the price action over the last few months. Cheers,
    Last edited by Corbu; 10-13-15 at 02:42 PM.
    10-13-15 02:32 PM
    Duly noted, Morgan. I also notice that the IBB index is down roughly 25% over the last three months while HALO seems to be down about 40%. Could it then be that, on top of the Clinton/Drug Policy factor, we are looking at a general IBB downturn perhaps tied to some uncertainty over the Fed's indecisiveness over the last six months, the Chinese conundrum and the fact that funds have considerably flowed out of that volatile sector? Still believe in HALO, though. Simply trying to understand what is behind the price action over the last few months. Cheers,
    It is all of the above, the IBB Index was up 300% over the past 3-years so it makes sense that you would see profit-taking in the strongest sector. Stocks that include a dividend fall less that those like HALO who are a bet on the future for earnings. I'm rolling a great deal of money into these plays now and not watching them again for several weeks. We have Wynn in Ontario talking about reducing the cost of prescriptions, this is a hot topic around election time but it will pass. Whether I hit the low in HALO isn't important, I want to own a certain sized position in the sector for the next leg up and so I'm buying into the close right now. A buck doesn't matter to me as long as I hold my core position. GL
    10-13-15 02:43 PM
    In at $12.94 just at the close.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are a brave man! LOL

I finished buying at $ 13.04 and will be there tomorrow morning to resume buying if Hilary isn't a ******. BBRY held up well today, little downside apart from the initial drop at the opening. Fun times.
    10-13-15 03:06 PM
    You are a brave man! LOL

I finished buying at $ 13.04 and will be there tomorrow morning to resume buying if Hilary isn't a ******. BBRY held up well today, little downside apart from the initial drop at the opening. Fun times.
    Just took a small position that I either average down at another date, or average up tomorrow. Couldn't let it go at this price. Hit the cancel button the last time I was about to place an order sub 13 a couple of weeks ago. As for BBRY, I sold mine today with a tad over 15% gains as I expect to see a pull back coming. Will be watching for another entry point.
    10-13-15 03:19 PM
    Nicely done CJ!

Just took a small position that I either average down at another date, or average up tomorrow. Couldn't let it go at this price. Hit the cancel button the last time I was about to place an order sub 13 a couple of weeks ago. As for BBRY, I sold mine today with a tad over 15% gains as I expect to see a pull back coming. Will be watching for another entry point.
    10-13-15 03:40 PM
    Bunga Turner Overweight

10-13-15 04:23 PM
    Bunga Turner Overweight

Classic! I haven't heard that song for the longest time.
    Thanks Bunga for the flash back!

Should follow up with this!

3MIKE, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-13-15 06:23 PM
    OT: Could this be fitting? LoL

Attachment 375583
    This one is worth re posting!

Good laugh!
    theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    10-13-15 07:59 PM
    BBRY held up well today, little downside apart from the initial drop at the opening. Fun times.

Getting your nards chewed on by the neighbours Pit Bull, while getting hit in the face with a frozen Tuna fish is fun.

This BBRY roller coaster sucks.
    At least short interest is down:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151013_181113_edit.png
    10-13-15 08:12 PM
    JPM uses Good...which is now owned by BlackBerry

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Time for a special annual license fee for non-bb devices to meet financial compliance.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-13-15 10:56 PM
    Good Tech Investors Seek To Block $425M BlackBerry Deal
    By Stewart Bishop

Law360, Wilmington -- Investors hit the board of directors of Good Technology Corp. with a shareholder class action in Delaware state court on Monday that seeks to block BlackBerry Ltd.’s $425 million acquisition of the mobile security provider, saying the deal significantly undervalues the company.

The suit comes in the wake of BlackBerry’s September announcement of an all-cash deal to acquire California-based Good Technology, the latest in an acquisitions spree with key buys of security- and privacy-focused assets.

According to the suit, the BlackBerry deal is being driven solely by the self interests of several venture capital firms that control Good Technology and its board, namely Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Riverwood Capital, Lazard Technology Partners and Rustic Canyon Partners, which hold most of Good Technology’s preferred stock.

Moreover, Good Technology has turned down better offers in the past year, including one for $825 million, nearly double BlackBerry’s offer. The investors claim instead of pushing a deal which maximized value for common stockholders, Good Technology Chair and CEO Christy Wyatt pushed for a “retention plan” so that she and her management team could be guaranteed millions of dollars in cash after the BlackBerry deal is consummated.

After debt and other expenses, the BlackBerry deal would give only around $40 million to common stockholders while the preferred stockholders will receive approximately $250 million, $165.4 million of which will wind up in the pockets of the venture capital firms. Six of nine of Good Technology’s board of directors are managing directors or founders of the venture capital firms, the investors said.

“The VC firms do not care how the common stock is priced in any change of control transaction,” the investors said in the complaint. “They want to exit the company and care only about getting paid their liquidation preferences.”

In a statement, BlackBerry said it does not expect the class action to impact the deal process, and noted that it is not named as a defendant.

“We anticipate Good Technology’s board of directors will contest the matter aggressively,” BlackBerry said.

Good Technology said while it cannot comment on pending litigation other than acknowledging the class action, the company is confident in its decision to pursue the BlackBerry deal.

"The proposed acquisition by BlackBerry has been approved by the required majority of the stockholders and is currently under regulatory review," Good Technology said in an emailed statement.

The investors also claim the Good Technology brass set up an unreasonably short time period for competing offers to be entertained and ran a sham committee to evaluate the deal with the sole purpose of making the deal falsely appear to be the result of arm’s-length negotiations and to avoid board members’ personal liability for their misconduct.

In addition to a block of the deal, the suit seeks unspecified damages.

When the proposed merger was announced, BlackBerry said Good Technology has a strong presence in businesses and governments around the world and would bolster its enterprise mobility business as BlackBerry revamps itself with software-driven buys.

Good Technology serves more than 6,200 organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, all of the Fortune 100 commercial banks, aerospace and defense firms, and leading companies in health care, manufacturing and retail, according to BlackBerry. More recently, it said Good Technology has been making a splash in the wearables market — its software platform is used to secure the Apple Watch.

Meanwhile, Good Technology gets to team up with the likes of a larger publicly traded company, opening the door to additional customer and partnership opportunities. BlackBerry already is the mobility partner of all G7 governments, 16 of the G20 governments, some of the largest global banks and law firms, and the some of the largest managed health care, investment services, and oil and gas companies, it said.

The investors are represented by Randall J. Baron, A. Rick Atwood and Esther Lee of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP as well as Joel Friedlander, Jeffrey M. Gorris and Benjamin P. Chapple of Friedlander & Gorris PA.

Counsel information for the directors was not immediately available on Tuesday.

The case is Marbek Revocable Trust et al. v. Christy Wyatt et al., case number 11580-VCL, in the Court of Chancery in the state of Delaware.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-14-15 at 01:44 AM.
    10-13-15 11:21 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Talk about a bad timing (me) lol.
    10-14-15 02:54 AM
    I have searched everywhere but can't find any reference to QNX in this endeavour.
    For those who are interested, the following two videos provide quite a bit more information. In French only, unfortunately.
    Familiar with the screen ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ces2013jan102013qnxmain.jpg
    10-14-15 03:07 AM
    https://uk.good.com/forms/good-excha...ndon-2015.html

Taking place right now! Great line-up of speakers, follow the Good twitter account for more info:

https://twitter.com/good_technology
    10-14-15 04:35 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Elon Musk says Apple hires the people that Tesla fires | The Verge

"Elon Musk doesn't seem to hold Apple in very high regard anymore. "Did you ever take a look at the Apple Watch?" And then he laughed after the question. During the interview, as he's done before, Musk admitted that an Apple car is "the next logical thing" for Tim Cook and Co. to focus on. The most recent rumors have said Apple's electric car may be ready by 2019."
    Corbu, 3MIKE, OlympusMons and 2 others like this.
    10-14-15 06:03 AM
    Good Tech Investors Seek To Block $425M BlackBerry Deal

Good Technology serves more than 6,200 organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, all of the Fortune 100 commercial banks, aerospace and defense firms, and leading companies in health care, manufacturing and retail, according to BlackBerry. More recently, it said Good Technology has been making a splash in the wearables market — its software platform is used to secure the Apple Watch.
    And yet Good is still losing money with no end to the bleeding in sight....

I think the tide might have turned on the EMM market and companies like Good and Mobile Iron are starting to lose their "start-up" value and investor support. Which is why the IPO didn't work for Good (and hasn't turned out too well for those that bought into Mobile Iron) and why these venture capital firms are willing to just get out at what is considered such a low price point. There are simply too many players, all willing to give their services away for too little to cover the REAL cost of doing business. And customers are wanting more than just standalone EMM.

If the venture capital dries up in the EMM market and all the players either have to make the money the old fashion way or get out of the business... that could be a very good thing for BlackBerry. If Chen can create a EMM that offers more than just management and security....
    10-14-15 08:30 AM
    OT warning :
    $WMT CFO: FISCAL YEAR 2017 EPS TO FALL BY 6%-12%

If you own Walmart stock, beware.
    rarsen, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    10-14-15 09:46 AM
    Matt Kruschack ‏@bbmattk 10 minil y a 10 minutes

Breaking! PRIV by #BlackBerry pre-reg page goes live! http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-priv/pre-register.html …

- Stunning 5.4” dual-curved screen
    - Long lasting 3410 mAh battery
    - Choice of touch and physical keyboards
    - Schneider-Kreuznach certified camera
    - Extraordinary audio quality

PRIV also introduces the exclusive DTEK™ by BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy.
    Edit : also note this little "something" at the bottom of the reg page :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-14-15 at 10:10 AM.
    10-14-15 09:54 AM
113,256 ... 36123613361436153616 ...