Wow Chen just admitted that the Blackphone is more secure than blackberry, which is the absolute truth
    10-08-15 07:18 PM
    lol @ how this phone was revealed two weeks ago tomorrow yet all the details are unknown... no pre-order... no carrier availability... no pricing... no specs... nothing.

I find this absolutely amusing. On top of this a "premium" price. You have to give some info Chen, if you're demanding premium pricing you have to let your customers save up their pennies.

This is a nightmare. How can you "reveal" something and still not offer any info, not even specs two weeks later?

Why does BlackBerry or John think this is acceptable? It isn't. This will be the reason why you fail. Someone vote Chen out, if a former president can be impeached then surely Chen can be voted out.

This is going to kill the hardware business. I hope BlackBerry refers to these forums for insights because I swear it sounds like the blind leading the blind, or a dear in headlights...
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    10-08-15 07:44 PM
    lol @ how this phone was revealed two weeks ago tomorrow yet all the details are unknown... no pre-order... no carrier availability... no pricing... no specs... nothing.

I find this absolutely amusing. On top of this a "premium" price. You have to give some info Chen, if you're demanding premium pricing you have to let your customers save up their pennies.

This is a nightmare. How can you "reveal" something and still not offer any info, not even specs two weeks later?

Why does BlackBerry or John think this is acceptable? It isn't. This will be the reason why you fail. Someone vote Chen out, if a former president can be impeached then surely Chen can be voted out.

This is going to kill the hardware business. I hope BlackBerry refers to these forums for insights because I swear it sounds like the blind leading the blind, or a dear in headlights...
    Couldn't agree more, part reason that I'm probably not bothering with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 07:45 PM

Why does BlackBerry or John think this is acceptable?
    Maybe he feels the leaks are enough, since they're exact with the exception of the battery lmao!
    10-08-15 10:30 PM
    Maybe he feels the leaks are enough, since they're exact with the exception of the battery lmao!
    Dammit Bla1ze! Stop trolling!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 11:20 PM
    What exactly is confirmed though? Leaks show an SD808 but it isn't confirmed 100%..
    18MP camera, probably correct.
    What about the screen size? is it 5.4" or "five and a half inches"?
    how much ram? NFC on board? what about the battery size? is the screen actually Amoled(obvious yes, but still), front facing shooter is how many MP? what about the OS customization?.. are we on Vanilla OS + apk's or are we running a custom BB rom and will have to depend on BlackBerry for the OS updates directly? Can we disable the apk's? can we root the device? those front facing speakers - how do they sound? are they stereo speakers?.. how do the photos look? can we expect anything extra as far as an experience with the OS goes? man, I can honestly keep going... he should just release facts... update the blackberry.com/priv url to an actual splash page that isn't bashing a direct competitor(If I was in the business of doing that I don't think we'd have the foot traffic that we do! and our business would sink, but that's nor here nor there).

It's been two weeks, and I'm starting to feel that Chen shouldn't be the one to talk about this product.. he clearly doesn't think before talking, and I usually love that #nofilter raw way of talking but **** man, saying the Priv is on par with Knox devices and it's probably worst than the "BlackPhone (v2?)" (btw I know he didn't say probably, but this is how the general consumer is going to read it as), isn't going to help the company at all. Should say something along the lines of "the Priv was designed with your privacy in mind, with leading technology and a lot of Research & Development that went into a phone that will ensure you have the privilege and peace of mind knowing your phone is protected from outside sources and is a direct competitor with other devices in line with ours in the industry. We took the challenge of creating a secure android phone that we can use for both personal and entireprise environments. We're not saying it's the most secure phone out there, but we did put what we thought would work well and executed it in such a fashion that made this device appealing for everyone, not just for larger corporations or enterprise customers!"

C'mon Chen, I speak in large groups and this is nonsense. Let someone else speak on behalf of your company and showcase what an amazing(but not revolutionary) product this not only is, but what it can be and more importantly, what it can mean to people(especially with the recent Stagefright crap going around).

But, what the heck do I know?!...
    sebstarr likes this.
    10-08-15 11:27 PM
    What exactly is confirmed though? Leaks show an SD808 but it isn't confirmed 100%..
    Not by BlackBerry, which is really what you want. But either way, it's an SD808. lol. And to be clear, while I don't share the same rampant outrage as you about it all, I wish they'd just announce them as well. Mainly so you and everyone else ranting about it can pipe down. No offense, I say that lovingly. Just tired of telling people and them saying 'but that's not confirmed'. Well, if you weren't going to accept my answer then WTF did you ask.
    10-09-15 05:28 PM
    ^^^ As he answers from his Priv by BlackBerry physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 05:37 PM
    Not by BlackBerry, which is really what you want. But either way, it's an SD808. lol. And to be clear, while I don't share the same rampant outrage as you about it all, I wish they'd just announce them as well. Mainly so you and everyone else ranting about it can pipe down. No offense, I say that lovingly. Just tired of telling people and them saying 'but that's not confirmed'. Well, if you weren't going to accept my answer then WTF did you ask.
    Some don't believe yet that it has a SD808 or curved display, yet others are already sure that the camera is better than the iphone 6 lol
    10-09-15 06:01 PM
    I guess indirectly I just want it to be revealed so it means were that much closer to an actual release. As long as BlackBerry doesnt reveal anything then it just means were no where close. :P
    10-09-15 06:36 PM
    I don't understand why you feel the need to rant about the priv, and about what John Chen said. JC was referring to a Blackberry "android device" It's not BB10 so it is going to be more or less as secure as any of the other Android devices. If you read the Interview comments he did mention some things which BB did to enhance the security of the Priv. If he said it's the most secure Android device possible, he would of been lying. As far as Blackphone is concerned it's selling for close to $900 dollars, and i doubt it's better than the "priv", and i doubt any consumer like you would buy it LOL. Go to some of the Android forums and you will see that there is a lot of interest in the "Priv" and as far as getting JC fired you can bet it won't happen. Whether Blackberry sinks or swims, JC is their CEO, Dumping JC at this time would guarantee that Blackberry will go under, since no one will have anymore confidence in Blackberry. If Blackberry succeeds, then of course eventually there will be a new CEO. So author please chill out, there will be an announcement in a few weeks, and Priv will launch in November.
    MO3iusONE and 00stryder like this.
    10-09-15 09:48 PM
    I don't understand why you feel the need to rant about the priv, and about what John Chen said. JC was referring to a Blackberry "android device" It's not BB10 so it is going to be more or less as secure as any of the other Android devices. If you read the Interview comments he did mention some things which BB did to enhance the security of the Priv. If he said it's the most secure Android device possible, he would of been lying. As far as Blackphone is concerned it's selling for close to $900 dollars, and i doubt it's better than the "priv", and i doubt any consumer like you would buy it LOL. Go to some of the Android forums and you will see that there is a lot of interest in the "Priv" and as far as getting JC fired you can bet it won't happen. Whether Blackberry sinks or swims, JC is their CEO, Dumping JC at this time would guarantee that Blackberry will go under, since no one will have anymore confidence in Blackberry. If Blackberry succeeds, then of course eventually there will be a new CEO. So author please chill out, there will be an announcement in a few weeks, and Priv will launch in November.
    10-10-15 02:28 AM
112 ... 345