You didn't happen to see anything pertaining to the use of the curved edges, did you?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 06:09 AM
    Didn't see anything but it was a very quick look and feel. I had a quick scan but didn't discover anything new (although it does have the proper bb10 software keyboard which makes me happy, I miss typing on my z10 sometimes).

To be fair, there are many edge swipe shortcut etc apps on android, all of which get updated more often and have many more features than the crap that ssung have integrated into the s6 edge phones. Stuff like lmt and swipepad are really good so I don't think it's an issue.

The edge screen is very shallow though (still curved) so in use, it looks like you are using a more normal device.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 06:20 AM
    Didn't see anything but it was a very quick look and feel. I had a quick scan but didn't discover anything new (although it does have the proper bb10 software keyboard which makes me happy, I miss typing on my z10 sometimes).

To be fair, there are many edge swipe shortcut etc apps on android, all of which get updated more often and have many more features than the crap that ssung have integrated into the s6 edge phones. Stuff like lmt and swipepad are really good so I don't think it's an issue.

The edge screen is very shallow though (still curved) so in use, it looks like you are using a more normal device.

Posted via CB10
    So curved as in Nokia Lumia curved rather than Samsung Edge curved?

10-03-15 08:34 AM

http://i.imgur.com/6OAla3u.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/SKopJuO.jpg?1
    No, probably more like the 6S edge vs the Note edge.

That Nokia screen doesn't even cover the whole flat area, much less any part of the curved glass area.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 Keyboard?! YAY
    10-03-15 08:56 AM
    10.5mm!?
    That's was actually from an earlier comparison. As noted in the edited posting of my images, I've now revised this to 9.5 mm.
    10-03-15 10:07 AM
    Believe it or not the bottom is aligned, but I find some phones don't have a straight bottom(like the q10 for starters), but its as straight as I am(hahaha, lame joke).

It does look off though, and I'm guessing it's the shadows of each phone being different that's causing it. I might redo the image with my own shadows to make it look more accurate
    Lol. You are right. Its just that Q10 have more 100% starting shadow. Oh well, Q10 has always been shaday! (More puns!!!)
    10-03-15 12:36 PM
    More like Samsung s6 edge than the Nokia. The Nokia is fully flat, there's a definite curve but I didn't notice any real image distortion of the screen. Only saw the homescreen though.

I think they have the curve spot on. Unlike the s6 edge the curved back makes it very comfortable to hold. The silver bezel around the screen is slightly proud of the glass so should give good protection from drops and gives a nice ridge to push the screen up.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:18 PM
    That's such great idea, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:05 PM
    For about 20 seconds! Even open the thing is really well balanced and you can type nicely with one hand, blackberry have hit a winner with this design. Most classy and unique thing to come out this year.

Posted via CB10
    Did you get to slide it?
    10-03-15 08:55 PM
    Did you get to slide it?
    Yep, it has a nice action. Feels really solid.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:36 AM
    Yep, it has a nice action. Feels really solid.

Posted via CB10
    How is it meant to open, by shear or by holding chin & pushing up the screen bottom edge, or does the chin vanish behind the bottom flush to the screen edge?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:27 AM

http://i.imgur.com/6OAla3u.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/SKopJuO.jpg?1
    is there still doubt that it's like the S6 edge? That nokia doesn't even have curved screen, it's just the glass that's curved
    10-04-15 03:04 PM
    How is it meant to open, by shear or by holding chin & pushing up the screen bottom edge, or does the chin vanish behind the bottom flush to the screen edge?

Posted via CB10
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion

?

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-04-15 03:15 PM
    is there still doubt that it's like the S6 edge? That nokia doesn't even have curved screen, it's just the glass that's curved
    No, there should be no doubt at this point. All you have to do is compare pictures of the Priv with the S6 Edge. They are essentially the same screen except the S6 is 5.1 inches and the Priv we assume is 5.4 inches.
    10-04-15 04:17 PM
    No, there should be no doubt at this point. All you have to do is compare pictures of the Priv with the S6 Edge. They are essentially the same screen except the S6 is 5.1 inches and the Priv we assume is 5.4 inches.
    Exactly... There's still people in the forum that aren't sure if it's a curved display... Some even say it's just the glass that's curved lol
    10-04-15 05:03 PM
    Exactly... There's still people in the forum that aren't sure if it's a curved display... Some even say it's just the glass that's curved lol
    It's a curved screen too. Why is this debate even still happening? Look at blackberry.com/priv, at the bottom right of the screen you can see it starting to curve.

Can we finally put this to rest? It's an AMOLED curved display... omg.
    10-04-15 05:40 PM

I compared all official renders since Z10 (couldn't find the leap one), also did it in order from release(I think I got it right).

I'm clearly bored this Thursday evening.... lol.

PS: all phones are correctly done as I took some time to measure each one. Only one I'm not sure about is the Priv, based on the current sizes - and me comparing the button size to the passport/classic - it seems like the Priv is about 145mm tall. But this is *JUST A GUESS* lol.

I would like to share this via tw and ig, maybe even do a little write up on this sharing ur credits, would that be OK?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:49 PM
    I would like to share this via tw and ig, maybe even do a little write up on this sharing ur credits, would that be OK?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. @krzyabn on tw/IG. had to modify my account info but that's me. you can use that info to share when it comes to credits.
    10-06-15 07:22 PM
    Absolutely. @krzyabn on tw/IG. had to modify my account info but that's me. you can use that info to share when it comes to credits.
    OK, I just asked you for permission to follow in IG (igsterious) coz you have too many pics on TW :-D
    10-12-15 06:22 PM
95 ... 234