IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS, YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS PAGE OR READ IT ON A PC SCREEN!

Hi!

This thread is all about running Google apps on your Blackberry 10 device. But before we're talking about how to do that, you should first get familiar with some specialities of the Blackberry 10 Android runtime.

The Android runtime in BB OS 10.3 is based on a modified Android OS 4.3 (Jelly Bean). Blackberry removed all Google services from the runtime and replaced them with a Blackberry specific counterpart.

The following components have been removed or replaced by Blackberry:
    • Google Account Manager -> Replaced with Blackberry Account Manager
    • Google Services Framework -> Replaced with a stub that redirects Google Cloud Messaging requests to Blackberry Servers (used for push messaging).
    • Google Play Store -> Replaced with Blackberry World
    • Google Play Services -> Removed with no replacement

As most of the Google apps cannot run properly with this setup, the missing components must be added again to the Blackberry Android runtime. I got my hands on the Android 4.3 GAPPS package, reverse engineered the apps and patched them (Google Account Manager, Google Play Store, Google Play Services), and I wrote an fully compliant emulation of the Google Services Framework (now called Blackberry Google ID) that supports device checkin to the Google services.

If all files are installed and configured, your BB10 device will be able to run almost every Google app with full features (i.e. Google Maps, Google Photos, Google Sheets). Also 3rd Party apps like Clash of Clans will be able to use Google features (i.e. link the game to your Google account and save progress in the cloud).

Please note that you will have to patch apps like Google Maps, Google Photos or Clash of Clans so that they can work together with the new Google files on your device. These apps will display an error message such as "This app requires Google Play Services..." if they are not patched. After patching, the message will be gone and the app will be able to use all Google Play Services features.

Known limitations:
    * Push messaging in Android apps does not work (if the device is in sleep mode)
    * Android Wear is not supported

INSTALLATION OF ANDROID APPS

Enable "allow installation of foreign apps" in BlackBerry Settings->App Manager. Download the apps directly to your device and tap the apk file to install. Do not sideload .apk files with Sachesi or any other sideloading tool.

DOWNLOAD

All files are available on one single file share. Pick the correct file according to your needs. Read the information section below for more details about the apps.

Cobalt's official file share

Google Account Manager: ESSENTIAL

The Google Account Manager provides full support for Android apps that require a Google login. It is required for most of the Google apps such as Google Maps, Google Play store or Chrome browser. Install the Google Account Manager and login to create a Google system account on your device. Do not remove the app after installation.

Blackberry Google ID: ESSENTIAL

The Blackberry Google ID app emulates low level functions of the Google Services Framework. It allows to sign in the device to Google Play Store and it provides content providers that are used to exchange data between Google apps. This app must be installed if you want to use Google Play Store or Google Play Services. Do not remove after installation. Do not unregister after successful registration!

Latest version: Blackberry Google ID 2.8 [Released on December 23, 2015]

Google Play Services

The Google Play services APK contains several individual Google services and runs as a background service in the Android OS runtime. If installed, it provides full Google+ login support. Apps like Clash of Clans or Boom Beach can then synchronize progress with the remote servers. To synchronize game progress, you must also install the patched Google Play Games app.

Please note that the Google Play Services icon will be labled "Google Settings" and not "Google Play Services" after it has been installed on the device!

Latest version: Google Play Services 11.3.02 [Released on October 15, 2017]

Latest version:Google Play Games 5.2.25 [Released on October 15, 2017]

Patching your own apps

Some apps that you download from Play Store may display an error message such as "Google Play Services is not installed on your device". These apps must be patched in order to run on a Blackberry device. Patching is required because my modified Google Play services is signed with a non-Google signing key and this key doesn't match to the hardcoded key in the apps.

Please take note of the following rules for installing patched apps:

1. ALWAYS UNINSTALL ANY UNPATCHED VERSION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL A PATCHED ONE
    2. A patched app can never update an unpatched app (signature mismatch)
    3. An unpatched app can never update a patched app (signature mismatch)
    4. A patched app can always update an patched app (signature is the same, because the patcher always uses the same signature)

You can download the patcher in this thread. Read the instructions there carefully:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

DO NOT PATCH ANY OF THE APPS THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THIS PAGE. THEY ARE PREPATCHED AND READY TO INSTALL!

Google+ Whitelist

This helper app spoofs the developer signature of patched apps so that they can use Google features. All patched apps MUST be whitelisted, otherwise they won't work.

When you run the Whitelist app for the first time, a basic set of spoofed signatures is inserted into the database. You can then add your own signatures by following the instructions below.

Instructions:
    1. Run Google+ Whitelist
    2. Click on the three dots in the top right and choose add
    3. Select the UNPATCHED apk file of the app and add it to the whitelist
    4. Patch the app with Play Services Patcher
    5. Install the patched version of the app

Pre-spoofed apps (you don't have to add them anymore):

com.google.android.youtube
    com.google.android.apps.photos
    com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app
    com.google.android.videos
    com.google.android.apps.fitness
    com.google.earth
    com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs (Google Drive)
    com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.slides
    com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.sheets
    com.google.android.apps.cloudprint
    com.google.android.apps.vega (Google My Business)
    com.google.android.apps.enterprise.cpanel (Google Admin)
    com.google.android.apps.m4b (Google My Maps)
    com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget (Google News & Weather)
    com.google.android.apps.unveil
    com.google.android.apps.hangoutsdialer
    com.google.android.apps.youtube.creator
    com.google.android.gms
    com.google.android.gm
    com.google.android.talk
    com.google.android.keep
    com.google.android.launcher
    com.google.android.play.games
    com.google.android.googlequicksearch
    com.google.android.music
    com.google.android.apps.books
    com.android.chrome
    com.google.android.calender
    com.google.android.apps.plus
    com.google.android.apps.docs
    com.google.android.apps.magazines
    com.google.android.apps.inbox

com.supercell.boombeach
    com.supercell.clashofclans

Google+ Whitelist REQUIRES Blackberry Google ID to be installed on the device, as this app provides the database where the signatures are saved in. If you remove Blackberry Google ID from your device, you will lose your custom added signatures.

Latest version: Google+ Whitelist 1.0.0.6 [Released on January 6, 2017]

Google Play store

The Google Play store APK provides Access to the Google Play app market, where you can browse and download your favorite free and paid Android apps, books or even music. Play Store is also is required by some apps to run correctly, especially if they use any kind of license verification. Google Play store requires Google Account Manager and Blackberry Google ID to be installed on your device.

The discussion and the download link have been moved to this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556

Community patched apps

These apps have been patched by community members using my patching tools. They require all of my apps to be installed on the device.

GetTaxi, Wheely, Lyft, Uber Driver, Uber Cab, TaxiForSure, Ola Cabs, Sidecar Drive [by tatail]
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11580948

Google Youtube 10.37.58 [by hasmukh1]
    https://mega.nz/#!qxxBzAQJ!3p4Zqaef-...tBBwR-KkJDgU9c

Google Photos 1.6.0.103330409 [by hasmukh1]
    https://mega.nz/#!XgATySRY!VGMFLAx3h...IiS6HKDTtEFvmc

Android Settings

The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.

Android settings with included mobile data configuration option
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

Android Browser

The Android Browser APK provides a direct access to the original (and hidden) Android browser.

How to get ALL features working in Google Maps

• Install Google Account Manager and login
    • Install Blackberry Google ID and checkin
    • Install Google Play Sevices (wait 5 minutes after you installed and let the app settle)
    • Patch Google Maps with Play Services Patcher
    • Remove any unpatched version of Google Maps from your device (if existent)
    • Install patched Google Maps

All features like instant AGPS lock-on, timeline, starred places etc. will now work as they would on an Android device.

How to synchronize your village in COC or Boom Beach

You can fully synchronize your village with your Google Account. The village will then be save, even if you delete the app or change your device.

If you already have a village in COC/Boom Beach, you'll have to contact Supercell and tell them to link your village to your Google account. Don't tell them that you have a Blackberry device. Tell them that you have a Samsung S6. Supercell will ask you some questions about your village and then give you a code that identifies your village. You can then use that code to link the village on your Blackberry device.

If you got the code, do the following:

1. Install the full Cobalt Stack (all of my apps)
    2. Uninstall the existing Clash of Clans
    3. Patch Clash of Clans with Play Services Patcher
    4. Install the patched vesion and then connect your village with the code that your received from Supercell

If you are a new player and don't have a village yet, you can simply patch the game, install it and link it right after the turorial. Contacting Supercell is not required.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 10-15-17 at 10:41 AM.
    10-05-14 12:37 PM
    Thank you so much, the other threads has been quite messy .... lol.

Anyway, getting error 509 on dropbox, are you able to mirror this to a different location thanks!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-05-14 12:40 PM
    Guess it's too popular

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141005_134203.png

Posted via CB10
    The BB Boy and thinksora like this.
    10-05-14 12:43 PM
    Thanks man...however...the box link is disabled due to heavy traffic

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:23 PM
    Sorry guys for any inconvenience. I guess everybody has been waiting for this ;-)

Are there any preferred mirrors that I could use (that are accessible from directly from the phone)?
    ahhhlain and Heru Rising like this.
    10-05-14 01:26 PM
    What about Google Drive ?

SinSim, posted via CB10 (Q10, 10.2.1.3247)
    Deepmohan likes this.
    10-05-14 02:04 PM
    All right !!! Thanks Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 02:49 PM
    Thanks

Posted with my awesome Z10
    10-05-14 03:14 PM
    Still error 509

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:24 PM
    Sorry guys for any inconvenience. I guess everybody has been waiting for this ;-)

Are there any preferred mirrors that I could use (that are accessible from directly from the phone)?
    Google drive, bitcasa...?

Posted via CB10
    vesa0615 likes this.
    10-05-14 08:26 PM
    How about some MEGA love?

https://mega.co.nz
    10-06-14 06:15 AM
    I have spare webservers with lots of bandwidth for hosting, or a paid OneDrive account that shouldn't 5xx error. I could give you write access to a shared OneDrive folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:23 AM
    Thank you Cobalt. I hope this thread will be updated with your future work.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:26 AM
    will I be able to use google keep with this? I also can't download the google login apk...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:35 AM
    Just out of curiosity, will using these allow me to make in fame purchases on clash of clans?

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    10-06-14 08:40 AM
    What does this thread mean? Does it mean i can now install google apps without any problems? And also google play?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    nyfinch and Sergey Trofimov like this.
    10-06-14 08:44 AM
    Just out of curiosity, will using these allow me to make in fame purchases on clash of clans?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but no billing features are supported.
    10-06-14 08:45 AM
    Dropbox still blocking. As others have mentioned, maybe use Mega or Bitcasa.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:45 AM
    Please upload the Google login, to another site . Still showing error.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:46 AM
    Mirrors are up.
    Y. Z., jevinzac and Woojin Bae like this.
    10-06-14 10:08 AM
    Thank you, got Google login .

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:41 AM
    Installed Google Login, not seeing an option to add anything Google wise.

Posted via CB10
    H Matt likes this.
    10-06-14 10:49 AM
    Installed Google Login, not seeing an option to add anything Google wise.

Posted via CB10
    You must be on 10.2.1? In that case you should download Google Maps and login from there. Just make sure that you don't have Google Play services installed (com.google.android.gms) or login will not work.
    afewyz and Rjems like this.
    10-06-14 10:55 AM
    Am getting these errors when trying to login to an existing account using Google Accounts.
    "Unfortunately Google Play Services Stopped working."
    I have the stable v5 installed!

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141006_212608.png

Posted via CB10
    mehmetelibol likes this.
    10-06-14 10:57 AM
    Okay I removed the Google services and did the login again. It worked till I clicked sign in, now it's coming up with this error
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page-img_20141006_212944.png

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:00 AM
9,813 123 ...