I don't get the question. Once I downloaded the app I was able to turn off the wi-fi calling feature. The icon disappeared and notices in the hub stopped. In my case, I would get the notice every time I finished making a call. I'm thinking the OS was set to wi-fi calling and since I don't have my emergency address on file with T-Mobile it couldn't use the feature. I did eventually setup my emergency address with T-Mobile, turned the feature on, wi-fi calling works and no more hub messages.
    01-05-14 08:16 PM
    I don't even have the Wifi app loaded on the phone, when I insert the T-Mobile SIM card it just enables wifi calling. No where does it give me the option to disable it.

I just got the phone and haven't updated. The phone was bought through Blackberry, not T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:46 AM
    I don't get the question. Once I downloaded the app I was able to turn off the wi-fi calling feature. The icon disappeared and notices in the hub stopped. In my case, I would get the notice every time I finished making a call. I'm thinking the OS was set to wi-fi calling and since I don't have my emergency address on file with T-Mobile it couldn't use the feature. I did eventually setup my emergency address with T-Mobile, turned the feature on, wi-fi calling works and no more hub messages.
    That's what I meant by my question: you want to shut it off but you couldn't because you did put in your 911 address... so, why not put it in if you want it to work? ... was the question.
    01-06-14 10:40 AM
    I don't even have the Wifi app loaded on the phone, when I insert the T-Mobile SIM card it just enables wifi calling. No where does it give me the option to disable it.

I just got the phone and haven't updated. The phone was bought through Blackberry, not T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    What OS are you running? Have you checked for "software updates"?
    01-06-14 10:41 AM
    Yeah, right now it's 10.1 there is an update for 10.1.0.4780.

Since I live in the US, there's still no 10.2 update. I don't want to update the leaked one right now, but does the software have anything to do with the wifi being enabled automatically?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does wifi calling work for you? Are you having the problem of constant hub notifications telling you to enable wifi calling? I too just got my Z10 from the BlackBerry promo. Those hub notifications were driving me crazy so I want to help if I can.
    01-06-14 07:44 PM
    That's what I meant by my question: you want to shut it off but you couldn't because you did put in your 911 address... so, why not put it in if you want it to work? ... was the question.
    I did go back and add the E911 address and wifi calling worked. I wanted the messages to stop first and didn't know what it would take to setup the address. Just to recap what I did.

-Constant Hub notifications to enable wifi calling
    -Couldn't find a native setting to turn it off
    -Downloaded the wifi calling app from app world
    -Now had a setting to enable/disable wifi calling
    -When setting was enabled, wifi calling still failed.
    -Added E911 address on T-Mobile
    -wifi calling works

Probably could have shortcut to adding my E911 address to T-Mobile, but still would have no way to turn off/on.
    01-06-14 07:51 PM
    Yeah, but besides that I want to disable it. I know on the Z10 if you wanted wifi calling you download the t mobile app. But on the Q10 the icon just shows up and there's no where to disable it. I don't need wifi calling, but if there's no way to take it off I would at least like to disable the notifications.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:46 PM
    Yeah, but besides that I want to disable it. I know on the Z10 if you wanted wifi calling you download the t mobile app. But on the Q10 the icon just shows up and there's no where to disable it. I don't need wifi calling, but if there's no way to take it off I would at least like to disable the notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Download the app, disable the feature and delete the app when you're done.
    untitled80 likes this.
    01-06-14 09:19 PM
    Yeah, right now it's 10.1 there is an update for 10.1.0.4780.

Since I live in the US, there's still no 10.2 update. I don't want to update the leaked one right now, but does the software have anything to do with the wifi being enabled automatically?

Posted via CB10
    I you're saying there's an update (the 4780 MR) that you have not loaded, well, that's the one that enables wifi-calling. If you have the correct OS you should have a fully functional wifi-calling app. Which means you can shut it off too.
    01-07-14 06:59 AM
    I read thru this thread and wanted to know if the op problem was solved. From the op's original question, my understanding is that a notification blinks every so often when Wi-Fi is enabled. It says to enable Wi-Fi to make phone calls. I too encountered this problem when I got my Q10 last week and was driving me nuts since every time I went to the hub and deleted this notification, I would come back and the LED would blink incessantly. What I discovered was, there's an icon for an app called "Wi-Fi Calling and looks like this
    Disable Wifi calling notification?-img_00000003.png
    click on that and it would take you to the actual app, which looks like this;
    Disable Wifi calling notification?-img_00000002.png
    If you turn that on, you will then be presented with this;
    Disable Wifi calling notification?-img_00000004.png
    just keep the slider to the off position and all notifications telling you to enable Wi-Fi to make calls will disappear.
    In this way, you can still turn wi-fi on for your phone and be able to use it in case you don't want to be on the carrier's network and eat up your data allowance. Hope this helps.
    01-11-14 02:34 PM
    Hmmm... yeah, well, glad you found it. Most of us have been using that since the MR. I believe the real issue is for people who had a "faulty" MR install. They either did not get the app or the app's selections are greyed-out.

BTW, if you haven't noticed: if you run on "wifi-only" and then just turn it OFF before trying to go back to cell reception, sometimes (maybe all the time) it won't work because you have shut the cell radios off. Make sure you make a different choice, then turn it off.
    01-12-14 05:06 AM
    Hmmm... yeah, well, glad you found it. Most of us have been using that since the MR. I believe the real issue is for people who had a "faulty" MR install. They either did not get the app or the app's selections are greyed-out.

BTW, if you haven't noticed: if you run on "wifi-only" and then just turn it OFF before trying to go back to cell reception, sometimes (maybe all the time) it won't work because you have shut the cell radios off. Make sure you make a different choice, then turn it off.
    I'm on T-Mobile and Running 10.1.0 .4200 on my Z10. When using WiFi calling, SMS messages fail.

Interesting to note; I have found that to restore the ability to downliads SMS photos, I have to switch off WiFi calling then go to Settings -->About-->Change Category to Network then click on :the extended menu : then click on Register Blackberry 4 times. When you see the "Registered for BlackBerry Services" confirmation message, your SMS will work again.

Disable Wifi calling notification?-img_00000989.png
    Disable Wifi calling notification?-img_00000990.png

Tombstone - Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn - WWW.CVMAFLORIDA.ORG
    01-13-14 06:42 AM
    Hey Chief, occasionally have this issue. But very infrequently. Usually I just restart wifi-calling. But next time it happens I'll try what you do. Thanks
    01-13-14 07:57 AM
    Hey Chief, occasionally have this issue. But very infrequently. Usually I just restart wifi-calling. But next time it happens I'll try what you do. Thanks
    Just to clarify, I haven't been able to get SMS working while WiFi calling is active. My remedy above is to RESTORE SMS after WiFi calling has been switched off.

01-13-14 11:08 AM
    Just to clarify, I haven't been able to get SMS working while WiFi calling is active. My remedy above is to RESTORE SMS after WiFi calling has been switched off.

Tombstone - Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn - CVMA Florida 20-1 Home
    If that's the case you should call T-Mo. It may be at their end. I am having no issues. Also, is this a problem no matter which router you are on?
    01-13-14 01:54 PM
    If that's the case you should call T-Mo. It may be at their end. I am having no issues. Also, is this a problem no matter which router you are on?
    Yea, it's not a router issue. I've ruled that out.

01-13-14 08:19 PM
    So I just upgraded to the new OS that dropped today, 10.2.1.2228 (a.k.a. "Software Release 10.2.1.2156"). I'm now able to enable Wi-Fi calling again, which is great. But when I do, I get bombarded by these every friggin time my phone gains or loses Wi-Fi coverage:
    Disable Wifi calling notification?-wifi-calling-notification.png
    Has anyone figured out how to make these go away? They are the reason I almost permanently disabled Wi-Fi calling the last time around.
    03-13-14 03:20 PM
    So I just upgraded to the new OS that dropped today, 10.2.1.2228 (a.k.a. "Software Release 10.2.1.2156"). I'm now able to enable Wi-Fi calling again, which is great. But when I do, I get bombarded by these every friggin time my phone gains or loses Wi-Fi coverage:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifi-calling-notification.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	254893
    Has anyone figured out how to make these go away? They are the reason I almost permanently disabled Wi-Fi calling the last time around.
    In your wifi calling app choose wifi preferred. If it's set to wifi only you will receive constant notifications when you lose and gain it's access.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-13-14 03:27 PM
    This does NOT work for me - I have selected WiFi preferred yet I still get the notification any time I get near either a WiFi signal or go back to my home from work. Any other thoughts. As an aside, on the original OS that came with the phone (10.1.xxxx I had this issue - and it only went away after some time but I don't remember what I did to cause that behavior.

In your wifi calling app choose wifi preferred. If it's set to wifi only you will receive constant notifications when you lose and gain it's access.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-13-14 05:07 PM
    In my experience, I get these prompts until I make and complete a call over Wi-Fi, and also send a text over Wi-Fi.

When I do both of these, I get a congratulations message, then I never see these prompts again.
    03-13-14 06:00 PM
    I believe that your solution is correct - I remember that after I made a few calls on the 10.1 OS w/WiFi calling the notifications went away. Thanks for the reminder.

In my experience, I get these prompts until I make and complete a call over Wi-Fi, and also send a text over Wi-Fi.

When I do both of these, I get a congratulations message, then I never see these prompts again.
    03-13-14 07:28 PM
    Also seems to be working for me. Thanks!
    03-14-14 02:03 PM
    This was so helpful I just registered here to post. Q10, had a keyboard glitch, was sent a replacement, and getting these Wifi Calling emails. Found the app icon and deleted it, that didn't stop it. (I don't remember getting them and how I stopped it on previous phone.)

Read this page and went to Settings and enabled Wifi to attempt to use it and exorcise the demons. I got a list, I clicked on one (a TMobile one, my carrier). It wanted password etc but in process I saw a setting to notify me whenever Wifi is detected. I unchecked it and disabled Wifi again. We will see if that did it. I don't want to see Wifi Calling again.
    06-06-14 08:28 AM
    Newbie here. Got the phone with the latest 10.2 software. I got so annoyed with the wifi calling notification, I deleted the app :-). That was a mistake maybe because I can't change any settings but I doubt that will fix the issue. Anyway, Someone here suggested me to turn off the notification from BB world. I checked my phone and it WAS off. WTH...So I turn on the notification for BB world, but I turn off all the notification mechanism like sound, vibrate, LED :-)...I have gotten no Wifil calling notification so far!
    08-22-14 02:36 PM
138 ... 3456