Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    PIN
    3229CB58
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Yahoo BIS on VZW

anyone getting major delays in emails to day with Yahoo?

Gmail hosted email seems fine
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bold 9000 Yahoo on ATT

I am getting the same thing. Some emails coming in about 30 minutes later and in spurts of maybe 3-4 emails at a time when they do eventually come in.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    PIN
    3229CB58
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yep same here.. must be an issue with RIM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Been the past day or so here in South Jersey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

i'm experiencing delays with yahoo mail, coming in a couple of hours later. northeast NJ.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I've been having delays with my Yahoo mail on and off for the past several weeks. I called Verizon yesterday to report the problem. They opened a ticket with RIM. I was pretty quickly escalated up to TIER 2, and workied with them on the phone for a few hours trying to do different things to test the problem, and narrow it down. At the end of the day yesterday, they escalated it to TIER 3, and told me to call back in the morning (since I had to leave work - they would have stayed on the phone with me longer).

I called back today, but the tech assigned to my problem wasn't in. However, I spoke to a few other techs there (I called back a few times), who assured me that the team was looking into it. Each tech spent at least a few minutes with me, running some more tests, checking the BIS logs, etc. None of them seemed to be in a big hurry to get me off the phone (which is not the usual experience with any tech support these days!). They told me I can call back any time for a status update if I wanted to, and they would contact me if they needed more information or to do more testing.

I spoke to them again about half an hour ago. They told me that at this point, they have started to get more reports of this issue, as more people notice that the problem is affecting them, and isn't going away. They have an active case open with Yahoo, and are working with the Yahoo engineers to get the problem fixed on Yahoo's end as quickly as possible. They have no ETA at this time, however.

If you haven't done so already, call your carrier to open a ticket, and ask them to open a case with RIM for you. (If you call RIM directly, they usually try to charge you for phone support)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I wrote myself a little script to send me an e-mail every 5 minutes, with the time stamp in the Subject line. That way, I could quickly see how long messages were being delayed when coming to the Blackberry.

Sometime around 10 PM (EDT) last night, I started getting duplicate copies of a specific message coming down to the Blackberry, every few minutes. I finally deleted that message from my Yahoo mailbox, to make them stop. I saw the same thing with the next message.

Somewhere around 11:30 PM (EDT) last night, those duplicates stopped, and a batch of backed-up messages flowed down to the Blackberry.
    Then, beginning at 11:40 PM (EDT), my 5-minute messages started coming in on time (a handful were delayed by 1 or two minutes, at most).
    That trend continued through 8:00 AM (EDT) this morning, when I changed the timer to run every 15 minutes. I'm happy to report, that things seem to be running on time, for now. I don't know if this will last, but it is certainly a good sign.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

i am on sprint and have been havin some issues such as what you guys are stating. my yahoo mail is delayed as well as facebook. i thought it was just mine but i see its not just me.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I've been experiencing delays in getting my yahoo email of anywhere from 30 minutes to 4-5 hours. Its been going on for just about a week or so. Today its only been averaging about 20-30 minute delays, but that's still not acceptable. Does anyone have any further updates or should I open another ticket with VZW on this?