Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default T-Mobile outage? July 24

It seems that RIM servers have crashed again. I don't see any news on this. The symptom is that my wife's blackberry stopped receiving email, BBM, or internet - phone still worked.

When I called t-mobile they said that RIM web services crashed this morning and every effected blackberry user needs to individually call-in to have their phone "reprovisioned" - whatever that means. I was unable to log into tmobile to resend service books myself. It returned an error. Tmobile had to fix something on their end. The rep said they actually have a "back door" to redo something on RIM's servers.

The crash seems to only effect webservices (BIS), not enterprise accounts (BES).

When, exactly, is the new iphone coming out? I'm really getting tired of this stuff.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts

Seeing as how you are the only one who has reported it so far, I'm wondering if it is just on the Tmobile side of things.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

No issues here in Canada on Rogers
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy

Quote Originally Posted by rbenjamin View Post
    It seems that RIM servers have crashed again. I don't see any news on this. The symptom is that my wife's blackberry stopped receiving email, BBM, or internet - phone still worked.

When I called t-mobile they said that RIM web services crashed this morning and every effected blackberry user needs to individually call-in to have their phone "reprovisioned" - whatever that means. I was unable to log into tmobile to resend service books myself. It returned an error. Tmobile had to fix something on their end. The rep said they actually have a "back door" to redo something on RIM's servers.

The crash seems to only effect webservices (BIS), not enterprise accounts (BES).

When, exactly, is the new iphone coming out? I'm really getting tired of this stuff.
    What's wrong with the current iPhone?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A7CFE1

Fine here on o2-uk on BIS, just must be your hard luck, or tmob lien to you so you don't change
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

The rep said they actually have a "back door" to redo something on RIM's servers.
    The mobile carriers have a web portal through which they can access certain features of the BIS on behalf of their customer. In no way do these carriers have a "back door." I deal with enough mobile carriers to know.
    CrackBerry Master

No issues here, Bell Canada subscriber.... Enjoy your new iphone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

No internet service on T-Mo here in NYC this morning.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    20,232 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

No degradation on my BIS or BES...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

no problem on Verizon.

there was an issue over the weekend but it was only down for abt 2 hours. I didnt do anything and everything started working again.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ask and you shall receive

Get to your local apple store asap and be the first in line . Enjoy !

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FA0E7C

No issues here on Sprint in Metro NY
    CrackBerry Master

No problem here in Michigan on VZW. Definitely a T-Mobile thing.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,520 Global Posts

No problems on Telus network. Thinking is a tmoble problem and just blaming RIM
    CrackBerry Addict

No problem here in MD/DC area with my T-Mobile BES or BIS accounts...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,752 Global Posts

No problems on Sprint (BIS) here in Georgia.....hummm, maybe the OP was mislead.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hello, I started my day in San Francisco, now I'm over in San Ramon.

I also called T-mobile, emails stopped at 6am, both PIN and email services have been "blocked"! No internet connectivity either. "Angel" from T-mobile blackberry support says ALL NORTHAMERICA BB users are affected by this outage which he received an email on as of 8:15am PST and that outage is in effect thru 10pm tonight.

They removed the "suspension" status from my account, I asked WTF, how could my account/data service be "suspended" ?

apparently something about an authentication server being down....

Said I should be able to use PIN to PIN within 30 minutes. Just tried 40 minutes later, PIN still blocked.

Internet connectivity still down though I have full 5 bars for 4G service.

THIS IS UGLY
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

all good on 9900 AT&T BIS in the swamps of Louisiana . . . No verizon issues on GF's 9930 . . .

EZ on the ASSumptions and finger pointing, OP, you know what they say about both . . .
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

So, it sounds like this is a Tmo-only issue. I'm in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB-Addict View Post

I also called T-mobile, emails stopped at 6am, both PIN and email services have been "blocked"! No internet connectivity either. "Angel" from T-mobile blackberry support says ALL NORTHAMERICA BB users are affected by this outage which he received an email on as of 8:15am PST and that outage is in effect thru 10pm tonight.

They removed the "suspension" status from my account, I asked WTF, how could my account/data service be "suspended" ?
    That's called "tell the customer something to make them think you did something"

That sounds plausible. No server... no authentication. No authentication... no login token = "Access Denied". It sounds like TMo have a failed server on the data network. There will be multiple servers which will probably each cover some percentage of their customers - either dynamic load sharing, regional, maybe even random association depending on the last digit of your account code... so some users will get hit and others will escape.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (07-25-2012) 
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    20,232 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by BBB-Addict View Post

Said I should be able to use PIN to PIN within 30 minutes. Just tried 40 minutes later, PIN still blocked.

Internet connectivity still down though I have full 5 bars for 4G service.

THIS IS UGLY
    I have been receiving emails, BBMs, phone calls, have uploaded pictures to FB, have accessed Twitter, have done personal banking without any degradation in service from 4:00 a.m. Eastern to this moment.

This is *not* all North American users.

There is *nothing* ugly about this since I am still in full communication both on BIS and on BES. Nothing has been blocked. Family, friends and colleagues all report the same thing I am reporting.

This sounds like a TMobile or a problem with your account. I am on AT&T for BIS and on VZW for BES and there has been no problem or degradation on my service or anyone with whom I communicate for personal or work matters.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 2:
    BBB-Addict (07-24-2012),  bungaboy (07-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,752 Global Posts

What I like about this situation is we have Crackberry, the BlackBerry information gateway. We can find out 90% of the time when various customer service or customer representatives......LIE
    bungaboy likes this.

That is support technician doublespeak, and you swallowed the story long enough to get off the call.

The reports from others suggest the problem only hit a fairly small subset of T-Mobile customers. Here in UK we had a similar problem with O2 - one of their key servers went on vacation with a variable impact across the users. Some lost voice out, some lost voice in, some lost data. A few lost two services, a few lost all three.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>

One key indicator will be whether the phone can still work data over a WiFi connection. That would bypass many of the T-Mo servers, but the core backend for things like BBM is still at RIM. If BBM or email work over WiFi... There's not much wrong at RIM, and the finger points more positively at T-Mo.
    Thanked by:
    bungaboy (07-25-2012) 
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts

I'm on Tmo in Arizona and not having any BIS troubles.
    Twitter @_Miche11e_ .::. BBM Channel C0001B3B5

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing smartphone.
    "Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." - Pythagoras
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast