Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs down T-Mobile BlackBerry Outage 09.18.2012?

Is anyone experiencing any issues with connecting to BIS in the US? I'm here in Miami (T-Mobile USA) and my phone only has working data after I do a hard reset. And that is only a solution for about 5 minutes at most.

Sending a message from from the host routing table to register the device doesnt even yield a response right now...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same thing up in Orlando and also on T-Mobile
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    24CA5D48 PB pin 502763C8

Have you contacted your carrier?
    9300, 9900, Z10, Z30 . PlayBook 64GB. Nexus 7 v2 Kit Kat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I'm out in Los Angeles on Tmo
    CrackBerry Genius

It's fine up north in Canada. Must be a carrier thing I believe because North America networks are all routed through the servers in Waterloo
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,991 Global Posts

Nope using pb over bridge to post right now.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I contacted TMobile (twice to verify) and they have advised me that they are experiencing a BlackBerry outage. They also said it was RIM's fault (but who's really gonna put the blame on themselves?)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29B29E73

Quote Originally Posted by thynameisjamar View Post
    Is anyone experiencing any issues with connecting to BIS in the US? I'm here in Miami (T-Mobile USA) and my phone only has working data after I do a hard reset. And that is only a solution for about 5 minutes at most.

Sending a message from from the host routing table to register the device doesnt even yield a response right now...
    Sorry to hear that. I'm with AT&T and things are a breeze right now. *knock on wood*. At least they've identified an issue. It's worse when they ignore the complaint as nothing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default T-Mobile confirms Blackberry outage

T-Mobile technical help desk confirms Blackberry outage, puts the blame (not entirely credibly) on RIM, and tells users to reboot every hour AND the problem should be solved within 24-48 (TWENTYFOUR TO FORTYEIGHT) hours.

Who is telling the truth here - TMO or RIM? Either of the two companies should be dumped for good after this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

On T-Mobile in Colorado Springs and it does appear there is an outage here, too. Just checked with the AT&T BB users here and they don't have service, either.
    Last edited by wobly; 09-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,991 Global Posts

I'm still posting from my bridged pb on uscell in IL
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

T-Mobile in northern Indiana is out. Been so long since the last outage, makes me sentimental for the good old days.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Yes...T Mobile is blaming Blackberry

But I called Blackberry and they're not taking responsibility for an outage either. Just let me know! I'm waiting for some important information via email!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default No emails T-mobile San Francisco Bay Area 8:47am

Hello,

Yesterday morning I had problem getting emails but it worked itself out by 9am.

Today no emails again when I turned on the BB at 6:30am, there is still no emails as of 8:48am, took battery out, put it back in, tried sending out an email but it says there is no service, that it is pending.

I woke up in San Francisco, turned on the BB then drove over to Oakland to go to the gym, then drove over to work in San Ramon @8AM, and still no emails. So it's a big service outage, I'm using yahoo and gmail email, neither is working now.

fyi
    CrackBerry User

So far, working in Kansas City area!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

I have no BIS here in Portland, OR.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default yup...outage

had a brief outage yesterday morning; self resolved. today...no BIS since morning. tmo also. Having to make a go of it with WiFi when i can. On the road i'm just thankful I can get calls.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'm having the data problem here in Detroit. It says insufficient data coverage whenever I try to access the internet. All the while I'm showing 4G coverage.

4G on a 9700? Not Supported

Try forcing it down to 2G, see if you can get GPRS/EDGE - it might prove something
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones

Quote Originally Posted by slowlogic View Post
    had a brief outage yesterday morning; self resolved. today...no BIS since morning. tmo also. Having to make a go of it with WiFi when i can. On the road i'm just thankful I can get calls.
    If you are getting BIS over WiFi it proves the fault is in the cellular leg (T-Mo) or network connection to RIM, and not within RIM's NOC - that would out all BIS services.

I wonder if T-Mo forgot to pay RIM's service invoice?
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Working fine in Central Oregon. Sorry to all of you with issues.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    PIN

Must be a T-Mobile issue. Mine is working fine up here in NH.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts

Its cool in nyc...

Edit: Actually maybe not, I just realized I'm on wifi, which includes wifi calling, I dont have any reception at home, if any nyc people have any info it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 09-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Sent from my Z30, Z10, or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

-BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig -BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default no BIS service fyi

Even though I get a full 4G 5 bars, when I check status of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS), it says "not connected".

Just tried pulling up a google webpage and now getting a webpage that displays "Web2Go" and that I am not signed up for a dataplan.

so something is very, very, very wrong here.

Looks like my account got knocked off the system again, this happened back on July 24, about 2 months ago.

Anyone else having a similar problem? Folks like me who are not on a BES are screwed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    215F8173

The outage is currently 9900 customers on T-Mobile. Very weird that it only affects 9900 users.
    Known by some as the BlackBerry Examiner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast