Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Email issue - Yahoo email not syncing with BB

For the past week I have not been able to sync Yahoo mail with my device. If I delete a message from Yahoo it should delete it from the device. Same thing if I move the message of of my inbox. This always worked before, but it doesn't now. Sync from the device to yahoo works when I delete the message on the device.

I have tried resending service books, deleting and re-adding my email, and even reactivating the device. No go..

I've also seen other posts on this site where other Verizon/Yahoo users have the same issue. Whats up RIM???
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been having the same trouble for the past few weeks as well. When I make changes in my inbox on Yahoo! it does not update on my device - so I have deleted and read emails all being listed as unread on my blackberry. I've searched for suggestions but haven't yet found any to remedy this. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ok so that KB article shows that deletion is not working.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same issue with my BB 8830 World Edition

I am having the exact same issue for the past week. This happened out of the blue. The only change I made was update my BB OS to 4.5.0.186. I am wondering if this triggered the problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I have support with RIM so I opened a ticket about this. Basically went through all the troubleshooting steps with them and still no go. Synchronization from the device to the mailbox is working. With the exception of incoming mail, sync from mailbox to device is not. You can receive Yahoo mail on the device, but that's it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question same issue

I also have noticed a one way sync. From blackberry to yahoo works. From yahoo to blackberry does Not.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,531 Global Posts

I just got off the phone with customer service. It is an issue with Yahoo, not RIM or the carriers. No ETA for resolution.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Im also having the same issue of Vodafone UK.

Vodafone support claiming its a RIM/Yahoo problem with no ETA for a fix yet
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,943 Global Posts

Rogers Yahoo email not syncing up either here in Canada for the past 2 weeks I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my desktop client and until about 2 weeks ago, the email would go to my inbox on my phone and go to thunderbird and then it would be marked as read on my bb, but now it won't sync up.
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I followed up with 2nd level support at RIM and they confirmed what has been said. "It points to Yahoo and they are working with them to resolve it".
    CrackBerry Newbie

Any updates? I have tried to push this up the ladder of Yahoo, if I hear I will post something.
    John
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

None yet. Issue it still there. I thought it started syncing last night, but it was just me be to hopeful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

It looks like it may be working now. Did some tested messages and deleted them from the server mailbox. Hours later I noticed they were deleted on the device too. However, I'm not sure if its sporadic or how long the sync is taking.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Not working perfect yet.

Last night I deleted some emails from my email account online and left them as unread on my phone. When I woke up at midnight or so, they were deleted. So the way I see it, its working but not at the normal speed that it used to work. It used to reconcile on my phone within about 7-10 seconds before. Anyone else see the same thing?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Yes. Nearest I can tell mine is working the same way now. Reconciliation takes forever.
    CrackBerry User

I wonder if Yahoo has taken its lead from Google, as the time delay from computer to Blackberry is about the same for each.
    CrackBerry User

I reported this weeks ago, and no one responded. From researching online, it's prevalent, and it sounds like a Yahoo issue to me too. I've deleted and reinstalled everything to no avail whatsoever. Tmobile tech support was great but couldn't help. Just wondering when Yahoo is gonna get with it. Shouldn't be that hard a remedy. I'd hate to switch after all these years. Does YahooMail reconcile on other platforms like android and iphone?
    g
    CrackBerry Newbie

Mine had been reconciling perfectly since I got the BB 10 months ago. That is, until about 3 weeks ago. Now, it doesn't reconcile at all. Any advice would be helpful....
    CrackBerry User

i've checked all over the net and it's not any one carrier. and if it were a BIS issue, it wouldn be just one carrier either, so it's definitely a yahoo issue. i sent them a complaint thru yahoo mobil support and got this:
    "Hello George,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile Tech Support.

I am sorry that your Yahoo! Mail stopped synchronizing with your
    BlackBerry. Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Allow me to
    look into this for you.

I have given the information you provided to our Mobile Product Team.
    Investigating and resolving this issue may take some time."

pretty generic response. in my complaint i explained that i've tried every single suggested fix, and that it's only a problem with yahoo, not other email providers. but, in all fairness, it's hard to complain to someone who's offering so much free service, so hopefully they'll get on it. i've always been kinda dubious about their commitment to blackberry in general, because they discontinued YahooGo, which was kinda cool, and they said that over-the-air sync for blackberry, like Google, isn't a priority. so there you go. we'll keep our fingers crossed. if they don't fix it, we all may jump ship.
    g
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem, it is quite annoying however, hope they find a fix soon.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I received this email on Saturday from Yahoo! email tech support. I'm still having problems with the synching - very frustruating.

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.

Thank you for letting us know about this issue with changes made in your
    Yahoo! Mail account not syncing correctly on your BlackBerry. I can
    certainly understand how this issue could be an inconvenience.

Our Engineering Team is aware of this issue and they are actively
    working on a solution. Investigating and resolving this issue may take
    some time. At this point we hope to have this issue fully resolved by
    mid to late July.
    Although I realize this timeframe may not be ideal, I
    want to let you know what to expect.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or
    concerns regarding Yahoo! Mobile services in the meantime and we will be
    happy to assist you further.

I hope you have a great weekend!
    CrackBerry Newbie

So this morning I was working on my computer and deleted an email off the Yahoo server then needed to look at my phone for something. Then I noticed it had been deleted off my phone. I had to do a double take! So then I tested it again and BAM!, when I deleted the email, it took only about 10 seconds to be deleted off my phone! People, I think we are back!