07-09-10 09:51 AM
- For the past week I have not been able to sync Yahoo mail with my device. If I delete a message from Yahoo it should delete it from the device. Same thing if I move the message of of my inbox. This always worked before, but it doesn't now. Sync from the device to yahoo works when I delete the message on the device.
I have tried resending service books, deleting and re-adding my email, and even reactivating the device. No go..
I've also seen other posts on this site where other Verizon/Yahoo users have the same issue. Whats up RIM???06-09-10 05:00 PM
- I have been having the same trouble for the past few weeks as well. When I make changes in my inbox on Yahoo! it does not update on my device - so I have deleted and read emails all being listed as unread on my blackberry. I've searched for suggestions but haven't yet found any to remedy this. Does anyone have any solutions?
Thanks!06-10-10 12:17 PM
- I have support with RIM so I opened a ticket about this. Basically went through all the troubleshooting steps with them and still no go. Synchronization from the device to the mailbox is working. With the exception of incoming mail, sync from mailbox to device is not. You can receive Yahoo mail on the device, but that's it.06-11-10 01:03 PM
- Rogers Yahoo email not syncing up either here in Canada for the past 2 weeks I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my desktop client and until about 2 weeks ago, the email would go to my inbox on my phone and go to thunderbird and then it would be marked as read on my bb, but now it won't sync up.06-14-10 08:28 AM
- Last night I deleted some emails from my email account online and left them as unread on my phone. When I woke up at midnight or so, they were deleted. So the way I see it, its working but not at the normal speed that it used to work. It used to reconcile on my phone within about 7-10 seconds before. Anyone else see the same thing?06-20-10 02:47 PM
- I reported this weeks ago, and no one responded. From researching online, it's prevalent, and it sounds like a Yahoo issue to me too. I've deleted and reinstalled everything to no avail whatsoever. Tmobile tech support was great but couldn't help. Just wondering when Yahoo is gonna get with it. Shouldn't be that hard a remedy. I'd hate to switch after all these years. Does YahooMail reconcile on other platforms like android and iphone?
g06-23-10 03:52 PM
- i've checked all over the net and it's not any one carrier. and if it were a BIS issue, it wouldn be just one carrier either, so it's definitely a yahoo issue. i sent them a complaint thru yahoo mobil support and got this:
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile Tech Support.
I am sorry that your Yahoo! Mail stopped synchronizing with your
BlackBerry. Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Allow me to
look into this for you.
I have given the information you provided to our Mobile Product Team.
Investigating and resolving this issue may take some time."
pretty generic response. in my complaint i explained that i've tried every single suggested fix, and that it's only a problem with yahoo, not other email providers. but, in all fairness, it's hard to complain to someone who's offering so much free service, so hopefully they'll get on it. i've always been kinda dubious about their commitment to blackberry in general, because they discontinued YahooGo, which was kinda cool, and they said that over-the-air sync for blackberry, like Google, isn't a priority. so there you go. we'll keep our fingers crossed. if they don't fix it, we all may jump ship.
g06-25-10 10:38 AM
- I received this email on Saturday from Yahoo! email tech support. I'm still having problems with the synching - very frustruating.
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.
Thank you for letting us know about this issue with changes made in your
Yahoo! Mail account not syncing correctly on your BlackBerry. I can
certainly understand how this issue could be an inconvenience.
Our Engineering Team is aware of this issue and they are actively
working on a solution. Investigating and resolving this issue may take
some time. At this point we hope to have this issue fully resolved by
mid to late July. Although I realize this timeframe may not be ideal, I
want to let you know what to expect.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or
concerns regarding Yahoo! Mobile services in the meantime and we will be
happy to assist you further.
I hope you have a great weekend!07-06-10 09:36 PM
- So this morning I was working on my computer and deleted an email off the Yahoo server then needed to look at my phone for something. Then I noticed it had been deleted off my phone. I had to do a double take! So then I tested it again and BAM!, when I deleted the email, it took only about 10 seconds to be deleted off my phone! People, I think we are back!07-09-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD