Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry outage 12/22/09

I'm on T-mobile and just bought an 8520 about a week and a half ago. I'm aware of the BBM/BIS outage today. I can't access the internet browser, bbm or even the facebook or ubertwitter clients. I have however seen a few blackberry users updating their status from facebook for bb and they were on verizon. I thought this was across all carriers? If so who else is still having problems? I even did a battery pull and it didn't fix anything. While attempting to download the new BBM (5.0.0.57), the installation failed. I was on BBM 5.0.0.33.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME AND DIE!!

Thumbs down Tmo:: Fail

OMFG!! i can't access anything either and I'm on TMO USA :'( this is getting ********. i know it's no matter what carrier ur on, it's gonna be screwed up, but this is honestly getting ridiculous. i pay so much money each month to have a blackberry and use it, and i can't bc left and right we have friggin outages. I'm just grumpy about it lol.

<3 tonks
    <3 tonks cullen

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."-Albus Dumbledore

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
    CrackBerry User

Well I'm on Tmo too and I can't get anything to work either! the ONLY thing that does work is tmo tzones which isn't great by any stretch of the imagination but its the only internet I've had for the LAST 3 HOURS! :-/ oh yeah I'm in Dallas, Tx. incase anyone was wondering. Also just wanted to say that my phone has been REALLY CRAPPY with no interent, bb messenger, email, etc. since the 9700 came out. Its like just all at once my phone has completely gone down hill and it seems like as of lately over the last month I haven't even been able to use it most of the time! WHICH REALLY HAS IRRITATED ME LATELY SEEING AS HOW I PAY TMO FOR THEIR SERVICE!!!! > I'm out of contract and I think I'm going to start looking elsewhere. Even when its rims fault that there's an outage going on and not tmo's my little brother that lives down the street who has verizon doesn't ever have problems that I've been having lately. I hate that verizon is so much more expensive though :-/ but I am tired of paying 34.99 a month for unlimited internet and messaging and NEVER getting to USE it. I think Tmo has dropped the ball BIG TIME.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

OK, well I am with Verizon and I am able to access the internet but my BBM will not send/receive messages. I am so irritated, because this is all I ever use to communicate with most of my friends. Does anyone know anything more about this outage or what is being done to fix the problem? This is so F*@!& irritating!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry down again!

I am with verizon and blackberry is down again. It was down the other day. I cant get any internet or my emails and bbm is not working. This is really making me mad I pay alot of money to have a blackberry. URGH..
    CrackBerry User

Thanks guys i thought it was just me. I am also irritated as f*@k with this. I pay tmo good money every month and this is ridiculous. I understand it's the holiday's but RIM really needs to get it together!!
    CrackBerry User

so i just got off the phone with TMO and yup anothe BIS outage, and she suggested that we all call and demand credits!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

Outage confirmed using TMO in Puerto Rico....
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm also experience internet browing outage too in Canada...I'm w/ Rogers Wireless. It's been acting up all day, off and on. Hope they fix this soon. Can you guys still send emails/texts?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    PIN
    215c2165

I just called in to bxtch about the outage and the rep was super nice but tried to offer me 100 bonus minutes lol. I told her I have unlimited minutes on my plan so she gave me a $5 service credit - hey, it's better than nothin...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

On Verizon here and everything is down except calls and texts.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

Calls and text messages are working ok for me also. A friend of mine a 9700 tonight, and has been using it in a limited way due to the outage. I also read on another thread that people in Mexico are also experiencing it. Yikes!
    CrackBerry Genius

I lost my EDGE on my Curve hours ago...darn!

It's only showing "edge" so no data for me. I tried battery pulls and all that but I haven't had any luck. Something is def up.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Same here... BBM completely out while email and web seem to work a little bit, work for a few min then stop working and its been like that since about 230 pm edt.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis68 View Post
    I lost my EDGE on my Curve hours ago...darn!

It's only showing "edge" so no data for me. I tried battery pulls and all that but I haven't had any luck. Something is def up.
    Same for me. Last night, despite being in an area that T-Mobiles data map shows to have the strongest 3G signal, I was getting 3G for maybe 2 minutes after a battery pull then it would drop to 'EDGE'. Now, all I'm getting is 'edge'. Incredibly annoying. I have no idea if this is due to T-Mobile or the BIS services.

Brand new top of the line Bold 9700 and it's only useful purpose is serving as a paper weight.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm on sprint and most of my internet svcs have crapped out. I did find out I am able to access the web using Opera Mini. My slacker app is still workin too. But yea, no email or blackberry browser.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    PIN
    it stuck me

12:42am i have EDGE but can't surf the wen even if wi-fi is on can't use facebook, twitter,bbm and no web browsing
    save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate
    CrackBerry Newbie

I suggest you guys try downloading opera mini to your pc and transfer it via desktop manager. I'm usin opera mini right now and the web browsing is working fine.

CrackBerry Abuser

"Some BlackBerry customers in the Americas are experiencing delays in message delivery," said company spokeswoman Rachel Colley last night. "Technical teams are actively working to resolve the issue for those impacted. RIM apologizes for any inconvenience experienced by customers."

lol...a delay "some"...lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    PIN
    I itch in places that should never itch!

Thank goodness for WIFI and the Hotspot browser
    Da Bear