Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dfergus1098r View Post
    My Z10 on Rogers BBM still not working
    Same for Virgin mobile in halifax
    CrackBerry Newbie

My Z10 BBM has been out for 46 hours now in Toronto on Rogers. No amount of hard or soft resets have solved this issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

So I kept getting Temporary Server Error or my BBM setup would hang. First I tested by making a new BBID: BBM worked. So I went back to my 9900, downgraded to 6.2, sent myself a BBM message, upgraded to 7 with the conversation active. Once I got confirmation that my BBID was successfully linked to BBM 7, I transferred the data via Link from 9900 to Z10. However, during my Z10 setup, I skipped logging into my BBID. Once the transfer was complete, I went into settings and signed into BBID. After it retrieved my BBID info, I opened BBM and it restored my 60 contacts in 60 seconds.

All is running well now.

Not the most direct fix, but it worked.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

I spent all day trying resets to no avail. The Temporary Server Error occurs during device switch of BBM and it seems to be due to BBID being linked to 2 devices during the switch.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by rav813 View Post
    I spent all day trying resets to no avail. The Temporary Server Error occurs during device switch of BBM and it seems to be due to BBID being linked to 2 devices during the switch.

Posted via CB10
    I tried this but have had no luck. I just caved and went with option 3, which started me from scratch and scanning barcodes from my old BBM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Koji Watanabe View Post
    I tried this but have had no luck. I just caved and went with option 3, which started me from scratch and scanning barcodes from my old BBM.
    Ended up doing the same thing today after almost 3 days of no solution... 80+ contacts, took a while to scan... however, I did notice that some of them did not receive my invite although it shows invite pending on my Z10, they say they have not recieved any invitation on their BB (while discussing on the phone)....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Sorry to hear that you guys had to manually re-add them

Posted using my Cando-American Z10 via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

A friend of mine had this issue for 2 days, what ended up working for him was going to his old device and remotely backup contacts and then restoring them on his Z10 through email. He had previously moved contacts to his phone using BlackBerry Link's "Device Switch" option.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BBM not working and no access to server when trying blackberry protect

Over the last few days I have had no access to BBM. Worked for short period yesterday.
    What do I need do to resolve. Location Dubai provider Du.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by huzilulu View Post
    Ended up doing the same thing today after almost 3 days of no solution... 80+ contacts, took a while to scan... however, I did notice that some of them did not receive my invite although it shows invite pending on my Z10, they say they have not recieved any invitation on their BB (while discussing on the phone)....
    Mine does not show me invites pending lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Mine doesn't either. I figured that's just how the new BBM is...

CrackBerry User

BBM has been out since friday night at 9 pm, lost all group calenders as well. Called bell 4 times, got a ticket number with someone from blackberry and still no luck. I am fed up with this local company of mine especially after waiting over a year to get their new hardware. Good luck to them with the launch in the US and India!
    CrackBerry User

This would work. Try to delete "blackberry protect" and reinstall BBM 7 again and it should work, cuz I did this step and it worked for me and I'm using bb bold 9900, and it should work on z10 as well
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Unfortunately Protect and BBM are core loaded so can't delete them like on BBOS

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Koji Watanabe View Post
    Mine does not show me invites pending lol
    Open the BBM app (not through HUB)... click on 'Invites', and then click 'Sent'... it shows all invites sent that are still pending...
    CrackBerry User

BBM still out, day 5 and counting. Spoke with Blackberry tech yesterday and he said there is nothing I can do to resolve it, just wait. Nice!
    CrackBerry User

Day 6, BBM still out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yetta0 View Post
    Day 6, BBM still out.
    have you tried all the workarounds posted?
    CrackBerry User

Well, in speaking with blackberry, they say there is nothing wrong with the device and it is a server error on their side. So far I have not tried to reload anything in fear of losing my group contacts and calander that I don't want to reload if possible. I'm currently on the phone with the next higher up dept to escalate my issue, waiting for almost an hour on hold. Hopefully I can get some real answers other than we're working on it. If I have to start over than I will, I only want to do that as a last resort.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yetta0 View Post
    Well, in speaking with blackberry, they say there is nothing wrong with the device and it is a server error on their side. So far I have not tried to reload anything in fear of losing my group contacts and calander that I don't want to reload if possible. I'm currently on the phone with the next higher up dept to escalate my issue, waiting for almost an hour on hold. Hopefully I can get some real answers other than we're working on it. If I have to start over than I will, I only want to do that as a last resort.
    Fair enough, makes sense. My posts #153 and #154 were done with my friend who works in the BES department. He walked me through the process after I spent the whole day trying to figure it out on my own, so if all else fails for you, I do recommend trying #153.
    CrackBerry User

On the phone with blackberry for an hour and a half, no work arounds available for the issue, server is still down, the best minds are working on it.

Thanks, I may try #153
    CrackBerry User

Day 9....still the same, BBM not working
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here ... Day 9 with no BBM. They updated the date on their KB33652 notice, but it give no new info, just that are still working on it. Only part-time apparently ............
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey folks,

I've been creeping CB for a while now, and finally decided to setup an account. I was also affected by this outage, and still am. I'm on Telus in Toronto, Ontario. I asked a friend of mine who works for BlackBerry, and here's his reply (he had to ask someone in a different department):

"So my BBM buddy got back to me - he asked around and found some answers.

So we did confirm that it's a known issue - to be specific, it's an issue related to devices that were sent out in earlier releases - ie: you bought your phone in the first or second batch of phones. The third batch has the problem resolved apparently.

Apparently a patch went out last nightish? You already have or will see an update soon for your phone, but there's also a hotfix being released server-side to address the problem as well. It sounds like it will either go out this week coming, or maybe the next - I don't really know too many details about the problem though, just that it has something to do with early-released devices that weren't associating BBID acounts with user's matching RegIDs (which I don't know what that is exactly - probably means you're not cataloged on the BlackBerry network, but I'm just guessing here). Either way the problem's going to be fixed pretty soon - it sounds like it's the biggest priority for BlackBerry right now - it's #1."

Anyways, I did get a patch to my device that night, but the server apparently has not been patched yet. Just wanted to share this. I know it doesn't really give a whole lot of insight, but thought it might help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

My bbm is back as of this morning. Twelve days.

Posted via CB10
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast