Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM/BIS Outage? Oct 11th

Msgs suddenly ceased...nothing will send/receive... on Bell, Blackberry 9900....anyone else experiencing the same in the GTA?

Im having issues as well (BBM), in Winnipeg on Rogers.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

Ya, my BBM is down also. Rogers in Calgary. Went down as I was reading the "Enough is Enough" post lol.
    I think I jinxed myself
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by word_play View Post
    Msgs suddenly ceased...nothing will send/receive... on Bell, Blackberry 9900....anyone else experiencing the same in the GTA?
    Rogers GTA, and maybe just coincidence but native twitter/facebook doesn't work but browser works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shankeith; 10-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

BBM didn't go through for me. Looks like we're having issues too...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    PIN
    27EB5FA6

bbm down, browsing still up for me, Rogers (GTA)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

I've heard that the BBM issue affecting EMEA might need a global restart of the PIN messaging system.

I'm just hoping my friend who is still at work was overly tired when he got off the phone with someone ill informed in RIM UK and misunderstood it.

Just noticed a few BBMs went through (no D or R) from about 30 mins ago, but doesnt look like any new msgs are working. Hopefully RIM gets this sorted out before morning.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

And btw, by global I just mean across two server farms, so, y'know, not really that huge of a deal.

But look on the bright side, if they mess it up it'll be a complete global failure of RIM's infrastructure
    CrackBerry Abuser

On bell in canada. App world doesn't work. Twitters not refreshing. Bbm gets sent not delivered. Web browser was working, I normally use opera which doesn't go through bis. Looks like the problem is getting worse. Not good at all and at a very bad time too.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouseUK View Post
    And btw, by global I just mean across two server farms, so, y'know, not really that huge of a deal.

But look on the bright side, if they mess it up it'll be a complete global failure of RIM's infrastructure
    And with iMessage and iOS5 launching tomorrow it's even better!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    PIN
    27EB5FA6

now email is down...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

Lol and the cascade effect begins.

On the plus side as Shao says there's always iMessage.

I'm banking that if it is a total global reboot and re-sync it'll go wrong and we'll have some funny news headlines tomorrow.

You gotta feel sorry for the RIM engineers who are on shift right now.
    CrackBerry User

It first seemed like the outage only applied to BBM, but now I can't access my email accounts (BIS + BES) and my native Facebook & Twitter applications are not working either. My web Browser does seem to be working though.

Rogers - Calgary, AB
    Rogers - BlackBerry 9800
    |$50 BB Student Plan - 200min, U/L E&W @ 6pm, MY5 U/L Canada, 500MB Data, U/L Messaging | $12 Value Pack - Voicemail, Call Display |
    CrackBerry Abuser

Web browsing is still working. Emails not working now either. Says they're being sent but they aren't or they delayed. Wonder why web browsing still works.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

As stated in the other post, BBM traffic is the first traffic that will be dropped when something goes wrong and the last traffic that will be fixed when things are working.

It takes up a disproportionately large amount of all BIS traffic and is considered non-essential.

Web Browsing can default over your carriers APN if the service books are present for it to do so.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Telus is down. Toronto area . Wow RIM is playing in the big leagues lately. Didn't we just have a bad outage last month.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Down here in Vancouver. With Bell.
    CrackBerry User

No data, no bbm, no google chat edmonton alberta.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bbm is down..browser was down until about 15 minutes ago for me. Rogers in the GVA

CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask me

BBM service is down here where I am from in Ontario, Canada...can someone tell me what is going on around the world with BBM service??
    Something doesn't feel right.

Phone: BB Torch 2 9810
    Service provider: Telus Mobility
    Proud owner of BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-5 OS10.2.1.2947 & Dev Alpha.... coming soon Z30 [STA100-5]
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper420 View Post
    BBM service is down here where I am from in Ontario, Canada...can someone tell me what is going on around the world with BBM service??
    Something doesn't feel right.

Phone: BB Torch 2 9810
    Service provider: Telus Mobility
    I'd suspect either another fault of their networking devices, or a back log due to them fixing previous problems? Just a thought...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

Just had notice that EMEA fault is registered as cleared now.

Dunno whats happening over there can you guys check if its working then if it's not I can try and look into it for you via the UK NOC.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23A09773

My cable internet with Videotron went down at 5PM and is still down (a tech is coming tomorrow morning to change the modem) so I was using my 9800 and my PlayBook until this BIS outage, so it is also down in Quebec on Bell. Hopefully, browser still works!

CrackBerry Abuser

bbm down...email down...auto correct down ....browser works...

Vanc Island here...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast