Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Another Outage - time to rethink RIM?

What's your thoughts? Just had a major outage on 12-17-09. How many more can RIM afford before our confidence is gone?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

10 charrrr
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    31022EE0

No email in Central Florida.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Nada here in TN
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24b55d62

I am also very disappointed. Especially since all my BB is good for right now is brickbreaker. Its very frustrating paying $80 monthly for a brickbreaker machine... Ok so I'm exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    1,824 Global Posts

My confidence is already gone. This has happened too frequently in the time I've had this phone. (2 months!) Can't be calling this phone "reliable". This will definitely be my last Blackberry.

Ok had to vent. But everything I said is still true.

Posted from my lady's Pre since the data works on her phone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 12-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME AND DIE!!

Thumbs down Outages:: Lame!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandesh_vg View Post
    I am also very disappointed. Especially since all my BB is good for right now is brickbreaker. Its very frustrating paying $80 monthly for a brickbreaker machine... Ok so I'm exaggerating a bit, but you know what I mean....
    I mos def know what u mean. it's ******** to pay all that money and have bbm outages and data outages and complete service outages. especially multiple ones not even a week apart. what if i need to make an emergency tweet or bbm??!!

<3 to my crackberries
    </3 to RIM and TMO :'(

tonks cullen
    <3 tonks cullen

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."-Albus Dumbledore

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
    CrackBerry User

My BB is critical for server monitoring and alerting. It needs to have better uptimes than my servers, but it is FAR, FAR worse, making it useless. Push is a cute idea, but iPhones have it now, and no global iPhone outages ever, and none likely.

I'm requesting an iPhone when we open again. enough is enough.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

RIM DEFINITELY needs to have a site that has live, up-to-date BIS and BES server status.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jmdearras View Post
    My BB is critical for server monitoring and alerting. It needs to have better uptimes than my servers, but it is FAR, FAR worse, making it useless. Push is a cute idea, but iPhones have it now, and no global iPhone outages ever, and none likely.

I'm requesting an iPhone when we open again. enough is enough.
    I feel your pain. I have to stay with blackberry till August next year. But if Apple releases multitaking on their next iPhone, I'm done with RIM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

yes, only 1000 emails a week, so what if I miss 200 of them today... no big deal.

however, why does blackberry always go down after posting good results on Wall Street?
    CrackBerry Abuser

With all the new devices around the corner, I was starting to look at the alternatives. With the multiple outages, I'm looking a little harder. My loyalty has waned.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

No rethinking here, I'm done.
    Heading to Sprint in the AM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

At least the phone works... right now I have a $400 Jitterbug....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B8C870

Ugh.... It needs to come back! I'm on the road more than home and need to get my emails.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

This is what happens when RIM puts all their data in one basket. Even if other platforms have problems it only affects a portion of the service. Everything going throught their servers make outages more severe.
    CrackBerry Newbie

if it wasn't free from work, i'd be going with android or iphone.
    CrackBerry User

Being on the t-mobile, that google nexus one is looking mighty good. even the gf's mytouch3G is more solid than RIM's constant B(I)S problems.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    PIN
    323EC51E

Lighten up folks, stuff happens and for those who have had their first BlackBerry for two months, these "outages" are the exception and with the increasing numbers of new BlackBerrys coming online, there is going to be some growing pain.

People complain that the Blackberry's are without certain features so RIM enhances the OS's and make improvements to their network to handle such, yes it doesn't always work out good and there have been outages but really, folks, not having BBM for a few hours is not that bad, it will be ok......

Read a book, get off the internet and see what's out there in the real world!
    CrackBerry Addict

Apple doesn't offer the same services as RIM, so I don't see the comparison.

As long as PINs are part of the plan, I'll tolerate the occasional outage. It's like being on a long flight. Except that I still get voice service and can send text messages.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,845 Global Posts
    PIN
    Upon PM Request

Looks like I picked a bad time to switch out to another 9700. Can't even send service books.... Surfing and the phone work....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eBoyDog View Post
    Lighten up folks, stuff happens and for those who have had their first BlackBerry for two months, these "outages" are the exception and with the increasing numbers of new BlackBerrys coming online, there is going to be some growing pain.

People complain that the Blackberry's are without certain features so RIM enhances the OS's and make improvements to their network to handle such, yes it doesn't always work out good and there have been outages but really, folks, not having BBM for a few hours is not that bad, it will be ok......

BS! I've had BB 6 months and this is the way it is. I'm done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by eBoyDog View Post

I want what I paid for. Especially when I rely on it for my job. I agree with the other poster. If the iPhone has multitasking, I will give it serious consideration. And this is coming from the most loyal Blackberry user! Get it together RIM...
    The 9900 is out...long live my awesome 9810! (Until QNX shows up!)
  24. mbs
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me...

I have to admit this is becoming all too frequent. If I wanted data reliability problems, I would be using an iPhone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    PIN
    320FB874

RIM should have at least the courtesy to give an ETA things will be back up.....but not even a word which is really dissappointing from a company like RIM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast