Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What news is Sal referring to?

Via Salomondrin's twitter:

"Nice 2 share new info about the Stormy 3 Like the trackpad, HDMI out, and the high res screen. If u don't believe me ur ***** will shrink"

lol about that last line, but anyway...

Is this out in any articles or is this breaking news?
    Thanked by:
    makaveli28 (12-28-2010) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Sal is generally a good source of news. He is generally correct as well.

This is very discouraging to me however as I am not VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

I look forward to some news from Sal. I sure hope he gives us some more soon.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Comment from sal on another thread today stating there are 3 more phones at the same development stage as the storm 3.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

yup! I know he is right... the only thing I'm worried about is the timing... I hope it doesn't take until May or later for any of these devices to drop
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,768 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    yup! I know he is right... the only thing I'm worried about is the timing... I hope it doesn't take until May or later for any of these devices to drop
    I'm guessing the LTE storm will be announced at CES and is available by March, LTE Tour3 touch will be announced at Blackberry World and launches later. QNX Torch and something else may be announced at Blackberry World, or later.
    Last edited by grahamf; 12-28-2010 at 04:28 AM.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    I'm guessing the LTE storm will be announced at CES and is available by March, LTE Tour3 touch will be announced at Blackberry World and launches later. QNX Torch and something else may be announced at Blackberry World, or later.
    Really hope you are right about the LTE storm and CES!!
    I feel like more people have hinted that a new BB will be shown at CES for VZW... and that it would be the S3.
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Genius

Trackpad reference - wonder if it's going to be this.

Storm 3 pics??

And if that one doesn't post correctly I give up, way to damn tired to figure it out.
    Last edited by genomos; 12-28-2010 at 06:24 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,656 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by genomos View Post

http://www.static.blackberryrocks.co.../09/storm3.jpg

can't view that link... but I assume you are referring to the image posted a while ago of the device with the "m" sticker covering what could be a front facing camera, and the trackpad on a, what looks like, a full touchscreen phone.
    ~SaMaster14
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    can't view that link... but I assume you are referring to the image posted a while ago of the device with the "m" sticker covering what could be a front facing camera, and the trackpad on a, what looks like, a full touchscreen phone.
    Yeah, apparently I can't find a working link, but did find the thread.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

surely an hdmi out means it has to take 720p right?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just went to the CES site and got this link showing the map of the floor it's under the b tab for blackberry Rim has a very large booth lets hope this means something great is coming and not alot of wasted space!!!
    2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory

click on link then on booth number and map should show up in another window
    Last edited by rookie83; 12-28-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add info
    Thanked by:
    SaMaster14 (12-28-2010) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Quote Originally Posted by genomos View Post

Storm 3 pics??

And if that one doesn't post correctly I give up, way to damn tired to figure it out.
    I would guess that's exactly what it is...we may have been "treated" quite a while ago to the actual device and didn't know it. I can live with it, just was hoping for a 4" screen!
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Abuser

i wonder if surepress will be part of the storm 3?

I know its a hate it or love it thing, but I think it is brilliant. And if they improved upon from the storm 2's version it will be kick-***.

Iono typing on a flat screen just feels weird.. especially when I'm typing a full blown email.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by mrlee7 View Post
    i wonder if surepress will be part of the storm 3?

I know its a hate it or love it thing, but I think it is brilliant. And if they improved upon from the storm 2's version it will be kick-***.

Iono typing on a flat screen just feels weird.. especially when I'm typing a full blown email.
    the surepress is the best thing to ever happen to touchscreens its the bread and butter of the storm series and if the storm 3 comes without it ill be surely angry and probly desert the storm serise all together but i love my S2 unlike most
    Torch 9850 FTW
    GO BEARS!!!! DIVISON CHAMPS!!

I have worked for T-Mobile for about 2 years now so ask me anything
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/ask...-2-0-a-447176/
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    PIN
    32200ECB

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrus View Post
    the surepress is the best thing to ever happen to touchscreens its the bread and butter of the storm series and if the storm 3 comes without it ill be surely angry and probly desert the storm serise all together but i love my S2 unlike most
    Unfortunently you are in the minority

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

It's really good to see that RIM has aquired 5 booth spots that should give them an awesome opportunity to showcase some new stuff.....
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by cplush View Post
    Unfortunently you are in the minority

im not so sure about minority there are alot of people out there who Love the surepress but im sorry my post botherd you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/su...06/index2.html
    Torch 9850 FTW
    GO BEARS!!!! DIVISON CHAMPS!!

I have worked for T-Mobile for about 2 years now so ask me anything
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/ask...-2-0-a-447176/
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrus View Post
    im not so sure about minority there are alot of people out there who Love the surepress but im sorry my post botherd you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/su...06/index2.html
    I love the surepress as well. So do 3 other Storm users I know. I think it was head of its rime and that maybe why people are not fans of it.

Last edited by dweese; 12-31-2010 at 08:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

it's kinda weird.. Every time I demo my storm 2 to someone they think its one of the greatest things..

I can understand why people didn't like the storm 1 version of sure press, but ti didn't bother me.

I think what turns people away from sure press is it is not what people are used to. And, in general, people don't like or fear what they don't understand.

Just like how my mom (and her peers) didn't like cellphones until she actually got one.

I hope the engineers for the storm 3 improve upon sure press.
    CrackBerry Genius

I think what turns people away from sure press is it is not what people are used to. And, in general, people don't like or fear what they don't understand.
    This is mostly true. Don't forget there's quite a few members of this site that have or have had Storm 1/2 and do not like surePress on one or both models due to simple preference or it being a complete fail on their devices. Some are first-time users, a lot aren't.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,604 Global Posts

I love the Storm2 but I'm hoping that if there's a Storm3 it will be without the surepress.

I was OK with it when I first bought it but after using it for a year, it's becoming a chore for me to type.

Or I guess I can go to the Torch and ignor the keyboard.

Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry User

Well...they do have a large booth space, but they do NOT have a press event scheduled for CES. Which means that one of a few things:
    1) They are piggy-backing off of Verizons press event (Thurs. Jan. 6th)
    I feel like that would be unlikely, as they are trying to turn a corner, and premiering such a departure from their traditional way, I would think that they would want to make it a huge deal. Why wouldn't they want their own press event for such a huge deal? Sony, LG, Samsung and Motorola all have their own events scheduled for they day before Verizons event and they are all rumored to be announcing big things. Why isn't RIM on this list?
    Also, HTC DOESN'T have a press event, but they are making a big deal about the EVO Shift 4g and the Thunderbolt, so I assume they are announcing the Thunderbolt at Verizons event. Why would RIM announce its biggest phone, while sharing the stage with a phone that is obviously going to have better stats then it.
    2) Its not happening at CES. In which case, I am getting the Thunderbolt. Im tired of waiting.
    3) They are announcing it randomly, like HTC plans to do with its EVO Shift 4g. Neither HTC or Sprint have an event planned for CES. But we know the Shift is being announced on 1/6/11. Like stated above, RIM does have a huge booth. Maybe they are just planning something I did not see..
    Oh well.. thats my 2
    Thanked by:
    HyperionMark (01-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

looks like the majority of Verizon's press event will include Android devices. No Rim rumors as of yet. If they don't piggyback off of the Verizon press event...I'm not sure that the potential Storm 3 market will have many people left.

CES: Verizon to debut 4G Android smartphones - CES 2011 CNET Blogs
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

Just make sure you stay open to new developments, too.

I thought I was a diehard SurePress fan... until I got a Droid X with Swype. It's a LOT faster than thumb-typing on my S2 could ever be.

I'm certainly willing to look at whatever RIM releases next, but it's going to have to be a quantum leap forward to pass Android devices.
    Thanked by:
    JohnnyTheCanuck (01-05-2011) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast