Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is there going to be a Note sized BB10?

Hi, I am thinking about buying a BB10 phone, but I spend most of my time looking at my phones screen and very little time talking on the phone so a phone the size of the Note is perfect for me. Can someone tell me if they are planning a Note sized BB10?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Maybe down the road, but the L-Series is launching with what is expected to be a 4.2" screen.
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

There are rumours about a device coming late 2013 with a 4.65" screen. Don't know if there's one in the pipeline with ~Note 5.5" screen size plans. 4.65" is plenty huge I would say. I've been using a 4.8" Galaxy S III, and I'm pretty ready for the 4.2" L-series
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28A60EB9

Default Re: Is there going to be a Note sized BB10?

would love to see a note sized bb10. Been tempted by this but stubbornly loyal to bb. All thoughts of deserting were blown away when I got my playbook.
    Sent using a Playbook 64
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jenks5150 View Post
    There are rumours about a device coming late 2013 with a 4.65" screen. Don't know if there's one in the pipeline with ~Note 5.5" screen size plans. 4.65" is plenty huge I would say. I've been using a 4.8" Galaxy S III, and I'm pretty ready for the 4.2" L-series
    It wouldn't surprise me if we see that 4.65" model increase in size, the high-end market will expect a 1080p display by then and those will still be around the 5" size when it is due out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Default Is there going to be a Note sized BB10?

You should get a tablet if you are worried about screen size and seldom use the call feature...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edthebum View Post
    Hi, I am thinking about buying a BB10 phone, but I spend most of my time looking at my phones screen and very little time talking on the phone so a phone the size of the Note is perfect for me. Can someone tell me if they are planning a Note sized BB10?

Thanks
    Take this with a grain of salt...

‘Aristo’ will be embedded with a 4.65 inch touch-screen display comprising of OCTA gloss OLED panel, 1280x720 pixel resolution, 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, BlackBerry 10 mobile OS, 8 MP rear autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video recording, 2 MP front camera with 720p HD video chat support and face detection, 4 microphones for better audio capture, 2GB RAM and 2800 mAh battery. The handset will further feature bluetooth 4.0, LTE network supporting Qualcomm MDM9x15 modem chip, WiFi module, autonomous GPS, DLNA support, micro USB port, micro HDMI out, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Altimeter and a Near Field Communication chip.

Would be sweet
    Thanked by:
    Geeoff (02-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

There is a rumour on Crackberry about several new BB products. One a docking station for Z10 that would only require a keyboard and monitor to allow it to be used as a computer. The other one was about a future new tablet that BBs product design have been challenged to come up with.

The current Playbook can be configured as a small notebook by adding a case and a Bluetooth keyboard (but no cell phone capabilities) Even a mouse if you don't like the touchpad. I have mine configured this way and it works well enough. Use a combination of screen swipes plus keyboard for text input. The new HP Envy is configured something like this, except using Windows8.
    Perhaps BB could design something like the HP Envy, but using their BB10 OS. Along with a Z10 dock, this could possibly be a complete business system possibly with apps and data on a bb-cloud.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

My opinion and know one else's: god I hope not. Then again that's me. Different strokes for different folks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    My opinion and know one else's: god I hope not. Then again that's me. Different strokes for different folks.
    Personally, i would hope they do make one, it is a distinct enough form factor that it would appeal to people other than those who would get a z10 and thus expand the potential market for bb10 devices, which is a good thing for everyone. I would suspect that they will still tend towards the more normal end of that size range and Aristo will probably have evolved into a 5" device by the time it comes out.