Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question: Will there be a full keyboard QNX device released in 2102?

Question: Will there be a full keyboard QNX device released in 2102?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Sorry, I limit to friends.

I thought I read that they will all be full touch, but I could certainly be mistaken.
    ~Laura~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laurah2215 View Post
    I thought I read that they will all be full touch, but I could certainly be mistaken.
    I certainly hope you are mistaken. If that is true, I won't ever purchase a QNX BB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    898 Global Posts

It would be awesome for someone like me that just wants a pysical keyboard (and the Bold 9930 is undisputedly the best physical keyboard out there) but I don't think so because I believe RIM wants full compatibility with the Playbook. It will be a beautiful gestures based phone with no keyboard. I hope that it does allow you to swap batteries though. Regardless of how much you prepare and plan for, things happen and I've gotten really low on battery in the past and just love being able to swap and go.

Here is my dream BBX phone: (just dreaming because I want my wife to joing the BB family - I still love her though .)

Still super secure, still leading e-mail and messaging but also:
    1.2Ghz dual core processor that sips battery not guzzle it.
    3.7" screen, like the current full touch screen Torch to 3.9" screen. Bigger may not work and if it is multi-media then smaller may not work.
    gestures based UI that is just over the top courtesy of TAT
    Small enough to easily carry in pocket but large enough to enjoy movies

It should come preloaded with:
    An awesome voice navigation feature with TAT UI but one that does not kill you battery
    an awesome stock quote tool
    ans awesome weather app
    BB Movies as well as other choices such as Netflix
    BB Music as well as other choices such as 7digital
    It should be able to run all the Playbook apps
    It should be able to run the android player
    It should be able to find BB friends like the Wikitude app
    It should have video chat that works with Playbook and android phones. (I don't need it but my wife would like that.-video chat on our Evo's did not work well)
    It should also support the $50.00 dollar per month savings Bridge feature vs 3g tablets.

RIM should embrace multi-platform phones and not try to restrict developers to only build for their platform with gimmicks and tricks. Also, avoid trying to restrict app developers like some have by taking away buy buttons on popular apps like Kindle and Google Books to push people to buy their own content.

I really find it hard to believe anyone will make a phone that will get me to give up my Bold 9930. I just love it. Finally I can say that. I used to say, yeah, my BB takes care of my priorities on a phone better than any other so I have a BB. I can still say that but now I can say I love the web experience, and youtube! Wow. really awesome and still the most secure phone out there with leading e-mail and messaging. But the above would be worth considering.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-22-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts

I believe that by the year 2102 there might be a QNX device ready for market.
    Thanked by:
    billybobjones (10-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

I hope there will be one but BBX aint an OS. Its a stupid platform with enhanced support for devs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I believe that by the year 2102 there might be a QNX device ready for market.
    hahaha! I know the OP meant 2012, but this response was too funny since we're using the year 2102.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by kilted_thrower View Post
    hahaha! I know the OP meant 2012, but this response was too funny since we're using the year 2102.
    Knowing RIM, we can't hold them to 2102 deadline. That would be ambitious. BBX love
    ~Laura~

Quote Originally Posted by guerllamo7 View Post
    It should also support the $50.00 dollar per month savings Bridge feature vs 3g tablets.
    There is no $50 per month savings feature. Tablet 3G service can be had for much less than $50 a month (as little as $15 in the U.S., as an example).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Default 2102

Yea...i did mean 2012 but after reading the responses i'm just hoping for 2102!!

Seriously, whats the point of all of this QNX talk if they arn't going to have QNX with keyboards?? Isn't the reason MOST of us stay with rim is because we want a full keyboard??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

I will be long dead by then. I do not care. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Quote Originally Posted by makuwel View Post
    Question: Will there be a full keyboard QNX device released in 2102?
    Yes I'm pretty sure they will have a keyboard BBX phone. RIM knows they're known for keyboards. But they said they will release a full touch first. Don't know if they're sticking to that plan or if they're gonna release a slider and a bold/curve-line phone side by side.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Oh, so maybe the full touch will come first. Maybe that's what I read. Either way, hope they announce these devices soon
    ~Laura~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Far as i know the first device will be a full touch big screen mobile device.
  15. CGI
    CrackBerry Addict

I love my 9900. But, I've lost faith in RIM with QNX or BBX. They just are not effectively communicating their strategy to the dwindling loyal. Sad.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

The first devices will be all-touch, from what I've read, no other information has been released saying all devices onwards will be touch-only.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    14,305 Global Posts

laura,
    Did you see the date? Gosh I hope we all live that long to find out and who knows about RIM in 2102!!
    ~Jag~
    Member Of CrackBerry Nation!
    The Coolest Pantless Posting Forum Thread On The Planet!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,217 Global Posts

I cant imagine the Playbook OS working in an effective or productive way on a full keyboard non slider sadly, unless its a proper brick. You need a screen big enough to make use of the gestures and tacking an always available keyboard below that would make it huge.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Answer: Definitely Maybe

O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Economist101 View Post
    There is no $50 per month savings feature. Tablet 3G service can be had for much less than $50 a month (as little as $15 in the U.S., as an example).
    Or free if you know what you're doing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    I cant imagine the Playbook OS working in an effective or productive way on a full keyboard non slider sadly, unless its a proper brick. You need a screen big enough to make use of the gestures and tacking an always available keyboard below that would make it huge.
    Which is likely why the first QNX BB will be full touch phones, while the TAT Team figures out a good UI for a Bold/Curve lineup. Remember QNX is a micro kernel OS not a UI, so what TAT made for the PB UI is just what worked for it and will be quick to adapt to a large touch phone. But it doesn't mean that QNX is worse off on a classic BB, it really doesn't care at the OS level what the keyboard is, but since the PB doesn't have a hardware keyboard, TAT has to start from scratch on a new UI, ergo why classic BB phones are not first out of the gate.

And I really doubt that RIM would ever abandon us people that love hardware keyboards.

CS
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Keyboard = less screen

Less screen = less apps and multimedia

As far as I see it, OS 7 will be the end of keyboards.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmelon View Post
    Keyboard = less screen

Less screen = less apps and multimedia

As far as I see it, OS 7 will be the end of keyboards.
    Hopefully, you are wrong, as I will never give up my physical keyboard. If smartphones stop having them, I'll go back to a dumb phone.

And it doesn't mean less screen if the keyboard slides out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    PIN
    No BBM

Without the keyboard, I have no reason to stick with a BlackBerry. I think RIM knows that a very large amount of their customers have chosen a BlackBerry because of the keyboard and will not abadon this. Some of the gestures you could surely use the trackpad for?

Oh I would just be lost without my Qwerty!!! I really don't touchscreen only, not if that is the only thing available. Every time I've had a touchscreen I've found myself reaching for the phone with the keyboard when I've needed to do something quickly and accurately.
    I could learn to be without a keyboard, but I don't want to be without one. I hope BB doesn't forget about people like me....we're out here.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast