Non-camera version of a Blackberry 10 phone?
Has there been any recent word on RIM providing a non-camera Blackberry 10 model. My job does not allow me to bring a camera phone to work so I would be very interested if one was available. I currently have a non-camera Bold 9650.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
- 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM #7
Wonder if they are more likely to have a "disable camera" policy with BES than to manufacture a non-camera phone at this point?------------------------------------
I keep hearing BlackBerry 10 referred to as a "1.0 operating system". It isn't.
- It isa complete departure from the old BlackBerry Operating System.
- *It is also the next evolution of BlackBerry Tablet OS and has much in common with 1.0-2.1 of the PlayBook Tablet OS
- CrackBerry Genius
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM #10
- 4,446 Posts
Although you can disable the camera in the policies, there are workplaces which insist on having no camera physically present.
There hasn't been recent word, but BlackBerry very much understands this... Does that answer it well enough?
- 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM #11
These workplaces will likely change policies. Front facing cameras nearly impossible to remove easily. NSA IS looking at changing their policy, allowing only govt owned devices into classified areas. BB10 would fall into that category.
Keep in mind that there ARE cameras in certain classified areas, and at some point we will see the same growth in video calling on that side we see on the unclassified side.
BB/RIM said yesterday they have NO current plans for a camera less BB10 device.~S_A
- 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM #12Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
- 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM #15
Posted via CB10~S_A
- 02-24-2013, 10:05 AM #16
- 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM #17
theres a tutorial online for removing front and back cameras from a nexus 4, i dont know if itll be as easy for the z10, but im assuming its similar
Removing the Cameras of the Nexus 4
I dont know if you want to go this route, but it seems like a solution for the time being.Download The EGO Mag Online app for Blackberry 5,6,7, Playbook and the all new Blackberry 10!
A Gentleman's Guide to a Better Lifestyle!
- 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM #18
- 03-02-2013, 07:41 AM #19
- 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM #20
- CrackBerry Newbie
03-14-2013, 07:31 PM #23
- 1 Posts
Man this is disappointing news.
I have a government job that requires NONcamera phones. Having a phone that once had a camera will literally get me fired. Even if I cut out the camera and filled the hole with epoxy. (One guy tried that. No dice) I realize the cost and consequence involved for RIM in producing two versions of their products. But it remains my only option for a smart phone at work. Guess I'm stuck with my ancient feeling Bold 9650.
I had high hopes for the BB10....
- By pythons in forum News & RumorsReplies: 12Last Post: 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM
- By xtremez in forum News & RumorsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
- By ClassaN0va in forum BBOS WallpapersReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
- By ClassaN0va in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
- By FILIPINOY79 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-22-2009, 04:44 PM