CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Phone??? Bold 2, Curve 8900 or tour? I'm lost

Hi guys

I'm confused I was about 10 seconds away from buying a bold, then I started to have a look around and now i'm stuck as to what phone to get obviously as the phone has been around for a while now, so I looked at the curve.

I like both had a play with them, have never own a blackberry before but my bro has one that I found myself setting up for him.

My choices were between htc and blackberry, I might have considered an iphone if i didnt have an ipod touch, it just doesn't function as a phone to me just a fun device that makes calls. I was also tempted by the palm pre but that quickly went down the drain, now i'm sure I want a blackberry and sure I will use all if not most features on the phone, it had everything I need in a phone.

Anyway it comes down to this, Rim rep has mentioned that bold 2 will be out early next year feb/march. So that took the bold out of the question for me, so I looked at the curve, it seems to be more popular but both phones are between £200 and £300 from ebay. I was thinking maybe I should go for a Tour as I understand that is in the lower end of the spectrum until the new bold comes out.

My current contract has finished so I'm currently getting 1/2 price line rental, plus £10 blackberry addon will take me to £25 unlimited everything so that i can get started.

So I guess my real question is what are the downsides for the tour compared to the curve and from the curve and bold. Personally I like the keyboard on the bold, but the size of the curve, but size doesn't really matter and I can live without 3G.

I've been looking at this site for the last few days and am getting annoyed that every time I choose a phone I see a review for another that just makes me want it.

Whatever happens i'll end up with bold 2/onyx/dakota or whatever it will be called but want a blackberry in the mean time before I renew my contract.
    So putting that in mind please help me choose a phone. I need help.

BTW i'm new to bbs but not smartphones. I started on the SE P800 and worked my way up with them to the P1i which failed me miserably.

Tour £100, Curve and Bold £200-300
    CrackBerry User

whatever you do, dont get a htc.
    i bought a htc and regretted it. it was VERRRY UNRESPONSIVE!
    i suggest go for curve 8900 or 8520. because thats what i gonna get too. =)
    bold is too bulky and the back design sucx
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    s and needles

Wait for the Storm 2 to come out later this year... Actually the S2 isnt for Freshmen get the Curve 8520, its a great entry level device.

If you decide to go with Blackberry, I welcome you to the family in advance. You will not regret it.
    You would have to pry my BB from my cold dead hands!!!!
    PIN: 30485310
    T.H. Council FM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

For ATT the Bold is the best price. You can get it for free online. As long as its a BB your good. Just find one that's right for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Get the Tour
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just stay clear of the 8900...while it looks nice and has a good screen, its held together just barely and with subpar parts. The Tour looks a bit better and seems to have a higher quality.

CrackBerry User

I have the 8900. Most of my friends have BB Pearls and they always want to mess with my 8900.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    something sharp

Wait for the second generation Bold to drop, but skip the Curve 8900
    While it has a good form factor, the keys feel loose and the paint chips
    off. I had one earlier this year and got rid of it. HTCs design some decent
    phones, but they would become boring over time.
    Berry Addict
    CrackBerry User

get the Bold 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2625CCD9

Quote Originally Posted by axe50 View Post
    Just stay clear of the 8900...while it looks nice and has a good screen, its held together just barely and with subpar parts. The Tour looks a bit better and seems to have a higher quality.

I woudl beg to differ... the 8900 is solid without being bold sized...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    PIN
    M0T0DR01D

The Tour is an excellent phone.