Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackberry_boffin
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Idea for design.

Anyone else think that the design of the LG Voyager would be good for a bb10 device? Large touchscreen, flips open to reveal smaller inner screen, full qwerty keyboard, trackpad, etc.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

NO!

Fat and ugly has no place in the phone world these days...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

i don't mean necessarily a phone that wide, but that style. and a phone only has to fit in your pocket/purse.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Idea for design.

Can we all stop, drop the prejudices for a while and consider:
    Why does the Galaxy Note still have that sector all to itself? That is one device that proved most of us wrong. That is one area Samsung took the sting out of failing to make headway into the tablet market (by creating a sub-market all to themselves)
    RIM could wade in there with a top spec, top-finish all touch device with a 5+ incher too. Before you all go off in a flap, this device will not be aimed at any of us traditional BB users (though I would look at it long and hard) but at an all new user bracket who find the L series to small, the PB too big and traditional BB too 'old spice'.
    It would certainly work if RIM gave it 2GB RAM, a buzzing quad core yoked to a mean GPU. The current Dev Alpha ppi would do. The size of the thing would enable a decent sized battery to be fitted too. Make it thin, give it gorilla glass with an anti-smudge coat and we'll be good to go.
    They can even add a stylus for the proper slam dunk of challenging the Note and a suite of custom apps
    Can you imagine BB10 'flowing' all over such a thing?
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 10-10-2012 at 03:39 AM. Reason: typos
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
    - Albert Einstein
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

why not a reversible device. Big Touch screen L-serie at the back, physical keyboard with smaler screen at the front. combining camera and gyroscope to know wich way you hold it and display the right side...

just saying.
    Last edited by guillaump; 10-09-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by guillaump View Post
    why not a reversible device. Big Touch screen L-serie at the back, physical keyboard with smaler screen at the front. combining camera and gyroscope to know wich way you hold it and display the right side...

just saying.
    Really?
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
    - Albert Einstein
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Default Idea for design.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry_boffin View Post
    Can we all stop, drop the prejudices for a while and consider:
    Why does the Galaxy Note still have that sector all to itself? That is one device that proved most of us wrong. That is one area Samsung took the sting out of failing to make headway into the tablet market (by creating a sub-market all to themselves)
    RIM could wade in there with a top spec, top-finish all touch device with a 5+ incher too. Before you all go off in a flap, this device will not be aimed at any of us traditional BB users (though I would look at it long and hard) but at an all new user bracket who find the L series to small, the PB too big and traditional BB too 'old spice'.
    It would certainly work if RIM gave it 2GB RAM, a buzzing quad core yoked to a mean GPU. The current Dev Alpha ppi would do. The size of the thing would enable a decent sized battery to be fitted too. Make it thin, give it gorilla glass with an anti-smudge coat and we'll be good to go.
    They can even add a stylus for the proper slam dunk of challenging the Note and a suite of custom apps
    Can you imagine BB10 'flowing' all over such a thing?
    I need to like this post, but I'm using tapatalk.

"Like"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

BB10 note......drool face

I bought the Dell Streak and was persecuted for it's size. Now everyone who made fun of me has the S3....
    On #BBM C000D377B
    Use Evernote?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry_boffin View Post
    Why does the Galaxy Note still have that sector all to itself?
    It feels very nice in the hand. I don't think Samsung created a hit, they just produced a product in every possible size in ~2" increments and that one stuck.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Default Idea for design.

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    It feels very nice in the hand. I don't think Samsung created a hit, they just produced a product in every possible size in ~2" increments and that one stuck.
    I find the galaxy note simply too big. I don't see how one can text using it.

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by guillaump View Post

just saying.
    Hah!!!
    Grat idea.
    But would be extremely complicated.