Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-bb10-next-gen-concept-back.jpg

Well, it has been a long while since I've done something like this. But this is my concept of how the next generation of BlackBerry 10 devices could look. Not just the rumoured Aristo, but a physical QWERTY version as well.

---

Full Touch model is loosely based on description from another thread about devices users have seen, plus what I would personally like to see if possible. Users have described a similar size to the S4, so this concept has exactly the same physical dimensions as S4. A bottom 'chin' similar to the Z10? and of course the new 16:9 aspect ratio going forward, be it 1280 x 720, or 1920 x 1080. The screen works out to 4.9" in this concept.

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-bb10-next-gen-concept-w-s4.jpg

I took some creative liberty to add in what I would personally like to see in it.
    - Dual front facing speakers (just think of how awesome PlayBook's speakers are)
    - Power button at the side (for larger devices I find it easier to access if at the side, though really it isn't crucial since we can unlock the device by just swiping up)
    - Since 16:9 is a wider ratio, I thought maybe I could fit in another row of icons on it by using a smaller grey translucent background like on the Q10.

---

The physical QWERTY version is really just me having a bit of fun. Dual speakers, 2mm wider than the Q10, but same height. Increased the screen size slightly as well to 3.3", as well as the physical keyboard slightly. With a physical keyboard device, too big a size means that it will be really hard to type with one hand, so I didn't push it too far.

---

Well, just having a bit of fun with Illustrator and Photoshop, hope you guys enjoyed it. Cheers.
    Thanked by 7:
    Acumenight (06-09-2013),  ajst222 (06-08-2013),  Essoo (06-08-2013),  isp23 (06-10-2013),  Mecca EL (06-11-2013),  Michael Magliocchi (06-19-2013),  Thunderbuck (06-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,505 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADC9E24

interesting concepts, great job on the renders
    Device: BlackBerry Q10/Moto X
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/iPad 16GB 2nd Gen​
    Twitter: @simundsonk
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 

looks great Alex!
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Nice work

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts

wow these look great. Though i wouldn't really want to see the aristo have such rounded corners, the industrial design of the z10 makes it look more high-end.

also, maybe we can put dual speakers on the sides of the qwerty, as putting it on top and bottom of a portrait only device doesn't seem to be very logical.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Sweet

Posted One-Handed via BlackBerry Z10
    Focus Your Mind!
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

I love it!

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's how the Q10 should look like.
    I don't quite like the actual Q10, I never liked it, mostly because of the massive top bezel that makes the phone look dated. Same with the Z10 (hey bashers, I have one).
    Dont want to be harsh, but the full touch device looks pretty awful to be honest. OP, how you can even imagine a BB10 phone that looks exactly like the SGS3? o.O
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by fernandomagelan View Post
    That's how the Q10 should look like.
    I don't quite like the actual Q10, I never liked it, mostly because of the massive top bezel that makes the phone look dated. Same with the Z10 (hey bashers, I have one).
    Dont want to be harsh, but the full touch device looks pretty awful to be honest. OP, how you can even imagine a BB10 phone that looks exactly like the SGS3? o.O
    Haha, honestly I can't. But that is how it was being described in another thread, so that's how I did it. But frankly I'm not a huge fan of the S3's design, I prefer the Z10/HTC One/Xperia Z's rounded rectangle type of design personally.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-2.jpg[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-3.jpg[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-4.jpg[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-bb10-next-gen-side.jpg
    Thanked by 2:
    Mecca EL (06-11-2013),  phuoc (08-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by tcee- View Post
    wow these look great. Though i wouldn't really want to see the aristo have such rounded corners, the industrial design of the z10 makes it look more high-end.

also, maybe we can put dual speakers on the sides of the qwerty, as putting it on top and bottom of a portrait only device doesn't seem to be very logical.
    Putting it at the sides would mean that there will be a need for another speaker at the top for calls, which makes it overly complicated imo. There are advantages to having them at the top and bottom. The way I imagined, the top speaker can be use for playing music/videos/games. Then during a phone call, it just limits the volume, but is still adjustable. (one thing i'm not a fan of on the Z10 is how soft the top speaker for calls are, compared to older BBOS devices).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

As long as the Q11 has Stereo speakers, I will be happy.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Thanked by:
    radar_1969 (06-17-2013) 
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Wow great job Alex!!! Thats awesome!

You have some talent thats for sure!
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-bb10-next-gen-concept-rounded.jpg

More rectangular look, kinda like the Dev Alpha A. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

These look pretty spot on. I hear the bottom part is supposed to be more silver though.
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

Good designs as always Alex... now, mind trying to make a large screen QWERTY device?
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great job on the concepts!

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Good job but I want the all touch device to be more square like the z10.
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,858 Global Posts

Cool, but the problem with this is that to my knowledge the Aristo is not actually the Z10 successor...I thought it was being considered another form factor.

~STV
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Nice work! I hope the A10 is more squared off or edged. Also, don't forget the rumoured slider coming.
    Thanked by:
    Alex_Hong (06-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-screen-shot-2013-06-10-5.10.23-am.png

Some fine tuning. Adjusted so there are more spacing above the screen, so that it looks a bit more 'balanced'. Also I changed the design of the camera to the one used on a Z10, since this is a rounded rectangular design, makes sense for the camera to be the same too. Minor adjustments here and there.

Compared to the Q5.

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-twins.jpg

Prior to that It was the shorter than the Q5, like the Q10 was. But decided to make it bigger so that it is the same height, but wider. It just feels abit weird to have the Q5 bigger and taller than the Q10 somehow. Not sure if anyone else feels this way. Like previously, the Curves were alway smaller in size compared to the Bold.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STV0726 View Post
    Cool, but the problem with this is that to my knowledge the Aristo is not actually the Z10 successor...I thought it was being considered another form factor.

~STV
    The rumored A10 is definitely a different category than the Z10 and not it's successor as I've read on some websites.
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Addict

Alex: Make us a slider, please.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie View Post
    Alex: Make us a slider, please.
    Actually I did posted one a while back. When there was news of a patent announced. Though it's a really rough sketch.

I'll try a better Photoshop when i find some time.

Attachment 170521
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-slider-bb10.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-slider-1.jpg

Here goes. Similar to the one above with slight changes.

[CONCEPT] Next Generation BlackBerry 10 Devices-slider-2.jpg

Size comparison. A few mm taller than the torch 9810 when opened, but same width. A mm thinner than the torch 9810. Slightly shorter compared to the Z10, if not it would be obscenely long when opened. Screen size 4.2" at a 16:9 aspect ratio. The bottom 'chin' is ever so slightly thinner than where the screen will sit when closed, so that user can easily feel where the screen starts sliding. The chin is also slightly slope towards the keyboard so that it is slightly easier to type, compared to having a straight-angle chin.

Well, one can dream. Building a slider is very challenging engineering wise. Lots of restrictions and limitations to take note of, the sliding mechanism is a big enough challenge I think.

As much as I would love to put in a bigger screen, and a keyboard that is the same as on the Q10, it is just not practical. A phone like that would be tall, thick, and wide beyond the point of being usable, or even portable. lol. Even though it is simply a concept, its still nicer to be realistic. Like the only reason I could move the call speaker all the way to the top like on the Nexus 4, is because I moved the power button to the side, if not that wouldn't be possible at all. There is only so much space available in a mobile device.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 06-11-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Thanked by:
    phuoc (08-14-2013) 
    netwerx1, phuoc, KDB84 and 1 others like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast