Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

good news
    hope there is a q 50 soon after that
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

Quote Originally Posted by GiantSchnauzer View Post
    As long as it isn't even heavier than the z30...

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    I went around handling the various phones in VZW the other night while comparing with the Z30 and I found I like the feel of it, not too heavy at all. Some phones actually felt too light for my tastes. My opinion.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't mind the z30 weight now so much now that I'm not using it naked with the beta case , just the z50 could be the same weight, just not any heavier.

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side..., but the Carbonate case is Killer!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

There's something coming down the pipe in February. Don't know if it's a phone, OS or BBM improvement, but there is something.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ChainPunch View Post
    The Z50 and Z30 names havr been mention on the crackberry forums for awhile now (which someone might of just made up the names), so that is nothing new and remember Kevin has already hinted at the new blackberry roadmap with his poem. When it comes to phone arena I take their information on blackberry devices with a grain of salt, as phone arena miss quoted blackberry's interm ceo making it seems that blackberry was going to get rid of either all touchscreen devices or all keyboard devices. What the interm ceo actually said was he was going to make a decision on what blackberry device that he was going to carry around himself; a touchscreen device or a keyboard device.

I will be fine with Blackberry releasing new phones still running quad processors because just having an octa processor does not mean that it is going to have better performance than a quad. As long as the new device have quad processor that is 64 bit, memory at 3 GB or above, better camera and running a stable 10.2.1 or higher, then I will be more than happy to switch to verizon to get the q30.
    Makes me wonder if BB10 should have been 64bit? it's a new os.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BD01FD1

Like all things BlackBerry, I'll believe it when I see it.

And when I see "it," it'll probably be an exclusive to one carrier, and like $900 off contract directly through BlackBerry, if offered directly at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a year before we see any new phones from them. Or maybe they'll surprise us with just one last final OS7 device.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Master

i pray that the Z50 comes with AMOLED and stereo speakers
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10 -> Passport
    Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nemo7 View Post
    Z50 will release Q3 2014?? BlackBerry is alway behind the competition. Samsung will release an Octa Core with Rounded Display.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    Well... I don't give a rats rear end.
    :>)
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarsupilamiX View Post
    Case in point, the new Air uses the most modern thing you can use in the mobile space right now:
    A 64 bit processor.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares? Not me... you can't even reply to an email with an attachment without screwing around with 3rd party apps.
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mikeycollins13 View Post
    Other 0.00001% of the geek population no one on this cares about processing after you get buy a basic dual core, old snapdragon.

The octo core crap, just marketing for the niche geeks.

Blackberry is smart using older cores, no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I do care! Why use old stuffs and charge wayyy over the new stuffs? Stupid really!
    Banned

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webbywebb View Post
    Here is excerpt from the article: Two rumored handsets are both BlackBerry models. The BlackBerry Z50 will allegedly become the new flagship model for the Canadian manufacturer sporting a 5.2 inch screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920, and a quad-core processor. This phone is rumored to be the first BlackBerry model out of the gate in Q3 of 2014. Lastly, the BlackBerry Q30 will be a flagship QWERTY equipped model for BlackBerry. The BlackBerry Q30 is expected to arrive in the second quarter of 2014. If all this is true, it sounds like new CEO John Chen is not going to let BlackBerry go down without a fight.

Source: Latest handset rumors: octa-core powered Huawei Glory 4, BlackBerry Z50 and Q30

9000 ----> 9800 ------> 9900----- > Z10
    BB will not make it to q3 2014..lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Aha, and what is the reasen Samsung is so successful with Galaxy S series??
    If not the powerful hardware is the reasen ppl buy Samsung than what is the reason? The cheap build quality?
    0.00001 % geek population? Where are you living man? Time has change.

"Just Marketing "

Yes " just Marketing " but this is the key to be successful nothing else!! BlackBerry is far away from this.

Actually Samsung did many things right. People didn't care about the fact that Samsung phones had superior hardware, but that they didn't lag ( because of the superior hardware), which is needed for smith running on Android. Samsung also priced their phones below the completion ( they could do that because they already produced some of the internals for other phones) AND they also followed with a big marketing push AND they were helped by the growing Android Ecosystem ( Thanks to Google)

So hardware in itself isn't important, but everything in combination is key.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    Starcraft 2 TV - Watch Professional SC2 games on Demand: http://bit.ly/18Pxrqj
    Join our channel: C001242DE
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mastermike87 View Post
    There's something coming down the pipe in February. Don't know if it's a phone, OS or BBM improvement, but there is something.
    Previous leaks had one or both of those cheaper devices showing up around that time if I remember correctly.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

If not the powerful hardware is the reasen ppl buy Samsung than what is the reason? The cheap build quality?

"Just Marketing "

Yes " just Marketing " but this is the key to be successful nothing else!! BlackBerry is far away from this.

I'm sure Samsung knows why they are the only android hardware company that is being successful with their galaxy series, and its not because of whats under the hood

For Samsung, Stealing, Cheating and Lying Are Business As Usual | Cult of Mac

Apple's Schiller: Samsung gained ground thanks to copycat tactics | Apple - CNET News
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3lncr View Post
    If they ended up using the quad core processor from the nexus 5, I think people should be quite satisfied as I'm pretty sure it is faster than the octacore in the s4. Sure the s5 should be faster than the s4 but bb10 had already proven that it can run pretty good with dual core (z10 ran faster than my quad core nexus 4).
    Indeed the important thing is for them to be competitive enough with the mainstream part of the high-end market so that reviewers don't have the easy option of dismissing a new device based on specs, they simply don't have the time to market of these chinese companies or samsung to be able to leapfrog the others on spec so they need to focus on getting enough rather than the most.

If the z50 turns out to be a z30 with upgrades across the board 1080p display, improved camera, increased ram and flash, quadcore etc.and including a larger battery to maintain the great battery life of the current model then that would be a welcome device.

One thing I do think is more important though is that the high-end all-touch model needs to show up first, that is the one where it is more important for the specs to be competitive, the qwerty models are more about being workhorses that people will often use alongside an all-touch model so there is more time for the next big qwerty upgrade to be more innovative than just bumping specs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by stardomains View Post
    Please Please Please Please Please bring back the charging contacts on the Q30.

Dropping it in the charging cradle when you get home is so suave and James Bond. That's one reason people like BlackBerry.
    BB are the only ones that sold the charging cradles, so presumably they knew exactly how many people used that functionality and dropped it due to it being too few to make it worth the effort.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rlaracue View Post
    Now having said all that they could pull a Google and offer a Nexus 5 spec'd BB10 device (albeit with a better camera and a few other tweaks) priced at $349 off contract WW. That is a T-Mobile like move. Sell a true flag ship world phone at $350. They would sell out repeatedly.
    They would also follow-up their selling out repeatedly by going out of business because they do not have the ecosystem to offset selling their phones at cost like Google can.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

"Just Marketing "

Yup just marketing! Even Samsung puts in a Dodecacore chip, it will still be the same laggy thing going on, but as long as they keep telling people "hey look I've got more cores and more gimmicks that you'll never use", they keep selling!
    Death may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
    Dwight L. Moody
    Thanked by:
    nemo7 (11-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus4 View Post
    This is too long of a wait. BlackBerry needs to bring products to the market fast and furious so people know they are still alive. Q1 for the Q30 and Q2 for Z50. Specs will be fine. But has to come out then.
    While products will help, what is the point of having multiple handsets that have different specs, but are relatively similar for the most part. A Z50 would need to be a completely different phone that offers a different experience, not just a bigger Z30. Look at LG, HTC, Samsung, et al, their current line-ups give consumers a variety of choice (for the most part) that extends beyond one phone simply be larger than the other.

Besides, introducing three phones (Z10, Z30, Z50) in just over a year will show the consumer market people are going to say Why didn't you release the Z30, or Z50 first if you wanted to be competitive? Not to mention, the number of current Z10 users who will feel cheated by BlackBerry if BB continues to release "improvements" to the what is essentially the Z10 at a fast pace.

What BlackBerry needs to do to gain decent market share is to change their image, to change public opinion of the company, first and foremost. Dumping a bunch of handsets on the market is not going to do that.

Also, keep in mind that the BlackBerry phone that you want may not (and probably will not) be the phone that consumers want.
    Quote Originally Posted by alimin View Post
    Well, I do care! Why use old stuffs and charge wayyy over the new stuffs? Stupid really!
    Specs are overrated, but sadly most use them as the yardstick to compare one device to another. BlackBerry could have the fastest, most powerful, phone on the market but consumers are not going to care about benchmarks if the specs do not meet or exceed the competition. It's stupid, really. Then again, I do not think the average consumer even knows what a benchmark is....even in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    Actually Samsung did many things right. People didn't care about the fact that Samsung phones had superior hardware, but that they didn't lag ( because of the superior hardware), which is needed for smith running on Android. Samsung also priced their phones below the completion ( they could do that because they already produced some of the internals for other phones) AND they also followed with a big marketing push AND they were helped by the growing Android Ecosystem ( Thanks to Google)

Well....the iPhone was largely sold in the U.S., Japan, and Western Europe. It was basically the phone to get if you were an American. In Asian companies, many were buying phones that were manufactured by Asian companies; Samsung, LG, HTC, and so on. For what-ever reason, Samsung became the iPhone of Asia, partially because of the low iPhone presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Balti43 View Post
    I'm sure Samsung knows why they are the only android hardware company that is being successful with their galaxy series, and its not because of whats under the hood

For Samsung, Stealing, Cheating and Lying Are Business As Usual | Cult of Mac

Apple's Schiller: Samsung gained ground thanks to copycat tactics | Apple - CNET News
    Eh, the lawsuits went both ways.
    Banned

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

I'd definitely buy both because of 10.2.2+

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Z50 will release Q3 2014?? BlackBerry is alway behind the competition. Samsung will release an Octa Core with Rounded Display.

AGREED
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

I think it will be the same story for the Z50 in comparison to other high end touch phablets......too little too late.
    Q10 SQN 100-2 10.2.1.1055
    CrackBerry Addict

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post

Exactly this is the Point.

But only the "0,00001% geek population " knows that BB10 don't need Quad core to run smoothly. The Major Population think the more Cores the better. I know BB10 don't need Quad core but if BlackBerry use the newest CPU the Media will write about BlackBerry that they release A High End Smartphone with best Hardware. This is Marketing.

Why ppl buy an Porsche if there is Tempo limit?
    ( ok expect we Germans :-))

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by hrim5493 View Post
    I think it will be the same story for the Z50 in comparison to other high end touch phablets......too little too late.
    But this is BlackBerry's decision.
    If they still decide to go for higher margins and less devices sold, then nobody can help them.

It didn't work with the PlayBook, it didn't work with the Z10 and it pretty surely won't work with the Z30.
    So if BlackBerry doesn't change their strategy and the market gets even further saturated with smartphones, the outcome is pretty obvious...

Posted via CB10
    Future cross-platform BBM ad: "Your government not knowing that you are sexting? 0,01367123287671 cents a day."
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast