CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

That's definitely not going to be released. Bad design.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Addict

you guys gotta remember, its a patent, not a final design
    it doesnt have to look like this, its just gotta have the actually technology like this,
    like the bb touch slider, its not going to look how it looks in the patent image its just the technology theyre going to use
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shankeith View Post
    you guys gotta remember, its a patent, not a final design
    it doesnt have to look like this, its just gotta have the actually technology like this,
    like the bb touch slider, its not going to look how it looks in the patent image its just the technology theyre going to use
    Still, what you said is irrelevant. This design, though concept, will never be released. It's just bad design all around. It's more like a dual screen Nintendo DS than a Blackberry.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Newbie

All I know is RIM's future blackberries better bee off the chain or htc is gonna take them out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't see that design happening period. What we need to see from RIM is a better browser with flash (...and wifi, etc. as previously posted). Seriously, RIM does well with a stable OS, minimal memory leaks, messaging, etc. Form factor of the Curve/Tour has its place in the smartphone arena IMO.

Again, the browser needs work.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

A stable, easy to use OS. Better messaging features. Evolution of push e-mail. Better personalization of the device. More memory.
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    310C00F4

I personally dont think this would ever hit the market. Its inpractable
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by K Bear View Post
    Still, what you said is irrelevant. This design, though concept, will never be released. It's just bad design all around. It's more like a dual screen Nintendo DS than a Blackberry.
    its relevant, because design and concept/idea are two totally different things
    this idea is what MIGHT be done...
    the design will not

Quote Originally Posted by jagermon View Post
    I don't see that design happening period. What we need to see from RIM is a better browser with flash (...and wifi, etc. as previously posted). Seriously, RIM does well with a stable OS, minimal memory leaks, messaging, etc. Form factor of the Curve/Tour has its place in the smartphone arena IMO.

Again, the browser needs work.
    Quote Originally Posted by K Bear View Post
    A stable, easy to use OS. Better messaging features. Evolution of push e-mail. Better personalization of the device. More memory.

you'll see these things when the dakota comes out in the summer....

those things u cant patent(software)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Looks pretty ridiculous if you ask me!
    "Imperfections are in the eye of the beholder"
    CrackBerry Abuser

UGLY . 2 screens , not really usefull , give us a Big screen with aqwerty keaboard
    CrackBerry User

probably one of the worst blackberry designs i have seen in a long time, glad that won't ever go to shelf.
    Murrrrrrr
    CrackBerry User

That is ugly... I agree 1 big screen and a keyboard
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default how do you hold this exactly?

Fig. 11: confuses me.
    you have to type with a screen between your hands. i mean, i guess it would work but why bother with the bottom screen?

i think it'd be cool if they did something like the fig. 9 but slimmer like the pearl flip or wider width and smaller height, like the qwerty way of using a samsung Alias.
    the touchscreen bottom could be a huge "trackpad" like you see on a laptop. but when send a text/email/etc. it could pop up either a "touchscreen" style keyboard.
    bonus points: if you can switch between the SureType and Qwerty.

my 2cents:
    i think this could be where laptops are heading as well, w/ a touchscreen keyboard that doubles as a trackpad. they already have the "laser" keypad things that reflect on the desk. but unlike the laser thing, you could use this on a plane. where your laptop sits... well in your lap.

all in all: dig the concept. ditch the design.
    CrackBerry Newbie

We just confirmed with our RIM contact in product dev. The 'cube' is coming out and will be replacing the 8220. Guess we'll see how this will pan out. It has apparently just hit manufacturing.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBLeaks-Sparrow View Post
    We just confirmed with our RIM contact in product dev. The 'cube' is coming out and will be replacing the 8220. Guess we'll see how this will pan out. It has apparently just hit manufacturing.

Sorry, I don't trust your source.
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K on the inside

I would never buy that thing!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by patch8908 View Post
    All I know is RIM's future blackberries better bee off the chain or htc is gonna take them out

thats funny
    CrackBerry Addict

i dunno. it looks like a nintendo ds with an qwerty board.