Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you like the BlackBerry Blade concept to be taken into reality by RIM?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love it and would buy it!

187 77.27%
  • Yes, I like it, but I will wait for another model.

37 15.29%
  • No, I don't like it.

18 7.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    PIN
    290BC3C6 (9900) / 500CF65B (PB)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Blade: Like it?

Simple, do you like the BlackBerry Blade concept phone designed by the Toronto Design Firm PixelCarve? This company has worked before with RIM, and seems to have a good relation with them too.

BlackBerry Bladehttp://crackberry.com/blackberry-bla...oo-hot-be-true
    Last edited by kemj; 03-22-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Add a link
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    PIN
    283B671D

It looks interesting. Not to sure on the curved shape or 90 degree corners but other then that I like it.

James
    mud314 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Its nice but I don't like slide up phones. But they should make that phone the name is nice and the look is awesome
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

The name fit the design perfectly, reminds me of those knifes that you press a button and the blade shoots out, not just because of the straight edges of the sliding factor but also in the knife the dangerous part is hidden. LOL you think its just a regular touch screen and BAM out shoots the great physical keyboard we all know and love.

it being a BB10 pone though we know they will do away with the buttons and go with the swipe gestures of the PB. So imagine it with a bezel around it, just a small one you don't want to loose to much screen space like they did with the PB and its golden.

the quadcore chipset we know isn't happening, its going to be a duel core with the BB10s. the 720x1280 screen is going to rock the socks off everything and anything. the 12MP back and 5MP front are very realistic as there are phones out there that have those specs now. good aray of ports . MiniVGA and microHDMI are a great selling feature that the on-the-go business person will love.

The curved form would be very comfortable to hold when surfing and working away. the LED light, that looks like its on the edges of the phone instead of a little blinking light is a welcomed change . would be interesting to see BeBuzz on this phone and your phone lighting up Disco in the middle of a meeting LOL.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    kemj, Alex_Hong and _Aether like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,689 Global Posts

IMO, that's the kind of style and hopefully QNX functionality its going to take to get RIM back on the map so to speak. Even though I don't like slide phone factor, I would buy this ....it looks AWESOME
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,363 Global Posts

I don't like the curved shape. It would be hard to type on if it were placed on a desk or on a table. If it had a flat shape, I would like it.
    mithrazor likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Definitely the nicest phone I've ever seen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I see why you guys aren't liking the curved shape, but you gota realize that they are not going to put out a phone that is like a boomarang, it is going to be ever so slightly curved (I would hope). The pics don't make it seem that curved, I would hope for maybe just a little less. It adds style to the devise. It also I feel like would be more comfortable for calling, and it would maybe better manage the tall height of the phone. NEED trackpad, and I would like to keep the four buttons,
    BEST phone ever
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

No, the keyboard looks hideous.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Quote Originally Posted by jkomo001 View Post
    I see why you guys aren't liking the curved shape, but you gota realize that they are not going to put out a phone that is like a boomarang, it is going to be ever so slightly curved (I would hope). The pics don't make it seem that curved, I would hope for maybe just a little less. It adds style to the devise. It also I feel like would be more comfortable for calling, and it would maybe better manage the tall height of the phone. NEED trackpad, and I would like to keep the four buttons,
    BEST phone ever
    Well from the picture it looks like it's a centimeter off the ground when it's laid flat. And that's kind of a lot. If it's like a little curved. Very little. It would be better.

But I love it so far.

Does anyone with insight on these type of things tell me if it's even possible to make a phone that thin? With a keyboard?

But even if it's a little thicker. It's not bad. I'd still want one.

And I've used the Playbook. You won't really need the four buttons if you have gesture swipes. But a trackpad would be good.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

liking it, but wont buy it. not a fan of sliders. take out the buttons and make it a BB10. haha.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JAGWIRE View Post
    The name fit the design perfectly, reminds me of those knifes that you press a button and the blade shoots out, not just because of the straight edges of the sliding factor but also in the knife the dangerous part is hidden. LOL you think its just a regular touch screen and BAM out shoots the great physical keyboard we all know and love.

it being a BB10 pone though we know they will do away with the buttons and go with the swipe gestures of the PB. So imagine it with a bezel around it, just a small one you don't want to loose to much screen space like they did with the PB and its golden.

the quadcore chipset we know isn't happening, its going to be a duel core with the BB10s. the 720x1280 screen is going to rock the socks off everything and anything. the 12MP back and 5MP front are very realistic as there are phones out there that have those specs now. good aray of ports . MiniVGA and microHDMI are a great selling feature that the on-the-go business person will love.

The curved form would be very comfortable to hold when surfing and working away. the LED light, that looks like its on the edges of the phone instead of a little blinking light is a welcomed change . would be interesting to see BeBuzz on this phone and your phone lighting up Disco in the middle of a meeting LOL.
    love your descriptions about the blade. haha. its a nice name. I can imagine a phone test and the tester go, "Today, we're comparing the Razr & Blade." hahahahaha.

though if the screen is going to be 720p, it would probably be 1280 x 750 instead of 720. So it would be the same aspect ratio as the PlayBook. Also i'd rather have a decent sensor and optics in 8mp rather than a normal 12mp though. its not the quantity that counts, its the quality.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I tend to be rather dubious about slider phones BUT this concept design definitely makes me do a double-take. If something similar enough to it went into production, it would be rather hard for me to resist. The the LED lit strip around the outside edge is pure genius and worthy of a next generation design. I can see a more modest curve making it into production, a-la the Galaxy Nexus. RIM would ignore this design concept at their own peril.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    No, the keyboard looks hideous.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    This just a mock up id assume they would put a Bold style keyboard in there, which is a huge hit with BB users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    love your descriptions about the blade. haha. its a nice name. I can imagine a phone test and the tester go, "Today, we're comparing the Razr & Blade." hahahahaha.

though if the screen is going to be 720p, it would probably be 1280 x 750 instead of 720. So it would be the same aspect ratio as the PlayBook. Also i'd rather have a decent sensor and optics in 8mp rather than a normal 12mp though. its not the quantity that counts, its the quality.
    LOL that would be awesome compare LOL
    same aspect ratio for the PB would make more sense because it would make app development for BB10 a lot easier., to my understanding. I totally agree id rather have a better camera with less MP.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    jkomo001 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

It looks great. I like the Torch form / slider. Be great if this does go into production.

The only part I don't like the look of is the curved back.

I'd like to see what the new Bold form factor BB will look like when we see them in the future and probably go for that one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I like the phone and the curve vs flat makes it apart and ergonomic. I haven't found a person with a flat head, so the curve specially with the keyboard open should fit and look awsome.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Count me in for 3 of them! ammm any link where i can pre-order ??....YEAH i wish they will pull one of this phones out.
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    204512d1

Phone looks great. I would buy it today if it was available. Unfortunately I've lost yet another Torch and was really unhappy with it. I maybe switching to an Android Nexus
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

I have been with Blackberry for over 10 years, never another phone. I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW AMAZING THE IMAGES OF THE LONDON AND THIS PHONE THE BLADE ARE! My goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."

Global Posts
    32,032 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"

This is such a great looking BB Torch/Blade!! Awesomeness in design, I want one now!! Make it so Thorsten....

And Dagnabit, keep the physical keyboard too.
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
    jkomo001 likes this.

I like it and would buy it as a BB7 phone or a BB10 phone, but today I saw the Dell Venue Pro and realized where they got their design ideas:

I'd still buy one though, if it were a BB.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

interesting. Thankfully, the blade looks even better than that- as borrowed or flat out taken as the design may be!
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    jkomo001 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I like it! It no bold but I will buy it eh. I won't lie I will buy what ever times first eh lol
    Be Proud
    9700(black)-9700(white)-9790-9900(black)-9900(white)-Playbook 32/64GB/LTE-Z10(black)-Z10(white)-Q10(black)
    BlackBerry by choice
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280B6AC9

Quote Originally Posted by maam View Post
    I like it! It no bold but I will buy it eh. I won't lie I will buy what ever times first eh lol
    Agree! It looks too awesome to resist.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
    Alice: Iím afraid so. Youíre entirely bonkers. But Iíll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
    CrackBerry Abuser

*shut up and take my money*
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast