Like Tree131Likes
    CrackBerry User

I want this! Sounds great

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

No trackpad Btw.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

DID I MENTION TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD!!!!!!!! SEND AND END physical buttons
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3_M4N View Post
    I agree. I absolutely love the size of the Q10. It's one of the main reasons I choose to use it as my daily driver over a Z10 or Z30. I see that most concept designs seem to abandon the 1:1 aspect ratio of the screen in favor of something a bit longer. I wonder if they'll continue with the 1:1 ratio on future models or not? Wouldn't that mess up all the work developers have done to format their apps for the Q10's screens? They would have to rewrite another version of their apps for the new aspect ratio wouldn't they? Sorry if it's a silly question. I don't know anything about development.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    You are welcome to it. A 3.1 inch screen is great for texting and mail. They either get a bigger screen or face extinction .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

What is a querty touchscreen? Am I to assume they meant both a touch screen and a separate Querty physical keyboard for the Z50?
    CrackBerry Abuser

For those that want physical call and end buttons, care to tell me what good they are when you aren't on the phone?

They are wasted space. When you're on a call, they are there. For the legacy BBOS crowd, returning to the home screen or canceling out of an app is just a swipe away.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Virtual Trackpad!!?? So we all have the option to have it on or off!? I'd be interested in that!

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToY9CiTo View Post
    DID I MENTION TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD, TRACKPAD!!!!!!!! SEND AND END physical buttons
    You only need these when the screen is too friggin small.
    lnichols likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)

OLED, 1280x768?? Don't think so... and don't hope so... at least please FHD!!!

Since 2010 ?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Interesting, if true.

Here's the specs, in Italian mind you, but you should get the gist:

So, notable highlights to me are:
    • QWERTY
    • 2.3GHz quad-core proc
    • 4" touchscreen, OLED, 1280x768
    • 3GB RAM
    • 16GB device storage
    • BB10 OS 10.3
    • Non-removable 3300 mAh battery
    • 16MB main camera + 5MB front camera
    • No wireless AC added
    • CDMA not specified (might just be non-CDMA variant, obviously)
    Those are some stackedddddd specs. Would love if it was true.. as long as they have a CDMA variant

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

The trackpad needs to be brought back especially on a device geared towards professionals.

What they should do it put the trackpad on the back of the device to be used with the index finger. That would solve everything. No front real estate being used but it would work just as well.

Also they need a way to access the phone functions quickly if they aren't bringing the buttons back. Like you touch the screen and it wakes with quick options.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    The trackpad needs to be brought back especially on a device geared towards professionals.

What they should do it put the trackpad on the back of the device to be used with the index finger. That would solve everything. No front real estate being used but it would work just as well.

Also they need a way to access the phone functions quickly if they aren't bringing the buttons back. Like you touch the screen and it wakes with quick options.

Posted via CB10
    Dumbest things I have ever heard...... adding any buttons or track pads would throw away everything BlackBerry has tried to establish with the BlackBerry 10 platform

All touch and gestures is the only thing allowing them to stand out

If people want a track pad then go buy a 9900

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    Typed from my CustomBook Pro…at your girls house :P
    Twitter/4sq/PSN/Instagram/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle
    Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    Thanked by:
    thanasi (02-15-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loppizzle View Post
    Dumbest things I have ever heard...... adding any buttons or track pads would throw away everything BlackBerry has tried to establish with the BlackBerry 10 platform

All touch and gestures is the only thing allowing them to stand out

If people want a track pad then go buy a 9900

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    It would still have touch and gestures genius. Why do people act like adding a touch pad to make text selection easier means getting rid of what we already have?

It compliments the touch and gestures. It would also give the full touch phone a distinguishing hardware feature which is currently lacking. How is all touch allowing them to stand out anyway when that's every phone. This would allow them to stand out and they could even show text editing capabilities between it and the competition.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

It would still have touch and gestures genius.
    You just proved why a trackpad is absolutely pointless. If the phone is a touchscreen, then say goodbye to the trackpad!

It compliments the touch and gestures. It would also give the full touch phone a distinguishing hardware feature which is currently lacking.
    It absolutely does NOT compliment touch, as it becomes redundant and therefore pointless. And it definitely doesn't compliment the gestures; that's just a pure disaster.

With respect to hardware features, the fact that you think that including a trackpad would distinguish it from the competition is very telling about your knowledge of technology and it's progression.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
    You just proved why a trackpad is absolutely pointless. If the phone is a touchscreen, then say goodbye to the trackpad!

It absolutely does NOT compliment touch, as it becomes redundant and therefore pointless. And it definitely doesn't compliment the gestures; that's just a pure disaster.

With respect to hardware features, the fact that you think that including a trackpad would distinguish it from the competition is very telling about your knowledge of technology and it's progression.

Posted via CB10
    If you're OK with subpar text editing on a professional device then good for you.

I guess touch should have replaced a mouse and keyboard by now as well according to you with your immense knowledge of technology. When the next iPhone turns the home button into a trackpad which has been rumored i'll just laugh at you folks who can't see the big picture of what a professional device needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you're OK with subpar text editing on a professional device then good for you.

I guess touch should have replaced a mouse and keyboard by now as well according to you with your immense knowledge of technology. When the next iPhone turns the home button into a trackpad which has been rumored i'll just laugh at you folks who can't see the big picture of what a professional device needs to be.

Posted via CB10
    Go grab a subpar BlackBerry 7 device then, it will suit you well. Or an iPhone with a trackpad when it gets released.

And guess what? Since you haven't been up to date with technology I'm here to let you know that touch has in fact been replacing a traditional mouse. Ever heard of the already old Apple magic mouse or Microsoft touch mouse? How about tablets? This duel does not arise with the trackpad vs touch screen argument; instead we should be discussing the way touch curosors respond and interact with the user's finger. That is an area that has room for improvement. And the "Running Shift" feature recently incorporated in BlackBerry 10.2 is a step in the right direction. Touch is currently the present and foreseeable future, until something better comes along. It's time to move on and adapt.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
    Go grab a subpar BlackBerry 7 device then, it will suit you well. Or an iPhone with a trackpad when it gets released.

And guess what? Since you haven't been up to date with technology I'm here to let you know that touch has in fact been replacing a traditional mouse. Ever heard of the already old Apple magic mouse or Microsoft touch mouse? How about tablets? This duel does not arise with the trackpad vs touch screen argument; instead we should be discussing the way touch curosors respond and interact with the user's finger. That is an area that has room for improvement. And the "Running Shift" feature recently incorporated in BlackBerry 10.2 is a step in the right direction. Touch is currently the present and foreseeable future, until something better comes along. It's time to move on and adapt.

Posted via CB10
    It's called a touchpad and is touch. It's even in the name. Just because bb10 doesn't require one like bbos doesn't mean it can't be beneficial. No full touch doesn't equal it because you have to cover up part of the screen with your finger which is obtrusive for text editing.

Yeah i'm sure businesses are just going to throw out mice and keyboards and see productivity plummet for most office tasks. You nailed it.

Posted via CB10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910