Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    5,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by CheddarTrek View Post
    I can't get comfortable needing to use two hands to type/text on a phone. Doesn't matter if it's glass or keyboard -- the curve/bold/iphone/etc. might all be possible to do with one hand but it's not comfortable. I despise needing two hands to use the phone.

That's one of the main reasons I liked the Pearl form factor -- the typing was actually better for me, heh, or at least it seemed so when I used my friend's pearl 9100 for a bit (few weeks).
    Interesting! I guess I'm just used to typing with both hands. My first QWERTY phones were the Sidekick line, and with those tanks plus the layout of the keyboard you NEEDED both hands. Then I got the 9700, and I still used both hands more often than not. Again with my android phones, I use two hands, even when I'm typing in portrait. It's just faster for me. Two thumbs are better than one .
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

That's what I love about my torch and my storm 2. Suretype makes it easy as to type with a single hand. But I have been finding it much easier to type on my 9900 now. I absolutely love the keyboard. I really hope that suretype makes it to BB10 but I'm afraid its gone forever.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtpointer View Post
    We don't know what processor the first BB10 device will have - it may be the OMAP5. We also don't know how much RAM it will have.
    i sincerely hope BBOS 10 will arive with Snapdragon S4 Pro*, as the new platform might as well start with OpenGL ES 3.0 compliant hardware, rather than spend the rest of its life with a split ES 2.0 / ES 3.0 personality.

on a different note, since we are talking about the SGS3:

what chance of a 4.7" BBOS 10 device?

perfect for my hand size, and as a smartwatcxh enthusiast i don't mind lugging around a larger device.

* dual core krait with adreno 320 gpu (MSM8960T)
    Last edited by jedibeeftrix; 08-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    That's what I love about my torch and my storm 2. Suretype makes it easy as to type with a single hand. But I have been finding it much easier to type on my 9900 now. I absolutely love the keyboard. I really hope that suretype makes it to BB10 but I'm afraid its gone forever.
    No it isn't gone. There are several android keyboards that have the reduced (suretype) function.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

Really, what ones
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

My brother has used the keyboards that are similar to suretype. He said there isn't any good ones. RIM did a very good job with it. I have found though that my storm 2 predicted words more accurately for me than my torch does.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackcookie View Post
    Really, what ones
    Smart Keyboard is the one I use. It also has autotext.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    My brother has used the keyboards that are similar to suretype. He said there isn't any good ones. RIM did a very good job with it. I have found though that my storm 2 predicted words more accurately for me than my torch does.

The one I use is pretty good.

That said, suretype on the storm and pearl was better. RIM did do a great job on the keyboard, but then they usually do.

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    do you really think that typing on a touchscreen is good? do you seriously think its better then typing on a physical keypad. if so you need to get real, a touchscreen doesn't stimulate the one major sense that the human body has and that is the sense of touch.

i've read that apple built the iphone around the sense of touch, but logically the sense of touch is not that we can touch things but that we are able to really feel when we are touched or touch something, what sort of feel do you have pressing a flat screen? does your body register the clicking of the keys on a touchscreen? simple aanswer is no, sure you are able to hear the digital clicking and see the digital key but it is not the same response as actually clickign the keys on a keypad now does the body register it the same or as quickly.

anyone that has use the BOLD 9900 should agree with me that the keypad is absolutly incredible the typing experiense with it is superb and far beats ahy other keypad out there, and that includes apples touchscreen, which is what fanboys claim is the best touchscreen.

i hope RIM doesn't just go the way of the touchscreen, they need to keep their prized keypads around, there really is nothing better and i will argue this point until i'm dead
    You need to take a freakin' pill, kid. You're spazzin' out over simple ish. Just because someone wants to try something other than a keyboard, you come in with a sledgehammer.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-26-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    DJM626 and pantlesspenguin like this.

Global Posts
    5,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by crackcookie View Post
    Really, what ones
    HTC and Samsung stock keyboards have that option. HTC's is a TON better than Samsung's. I'm sure there are 3rd party options as well. This is what HTC's looks like:

Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    HTC and Samsung stock keyboards have that option. HTC's is a TON better than Samsung's. I'm sure there are 3rd party options as well. This is what HTC's looks like:

Click to view quoted image
    The stock jelly bean keyboard is exactly like the above, very similar to swiftkey, which is what RIM paid for.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm on my 3rd BB, this last one being the Bold 9780. I should've learned from my previous BBs bcuz they were Lemons as is my Bold now.

Always Freezing, Continuous Uncaught Exception java.lang.error, Inconsistant Camera Usage; sumtimes the Zoom works & sumtimes the Zoom duznt work, Email Accounts keep getting Disabled whenever I Download a BB App that my BB duznt like, or Several other Issues that happen from Downloading BB Apps.

Then my BB App World Stopped Working altogether now, so I kant even Download BB Apps any longer.

I'm just SICK of BB bcuz everytime I get one, like I say, I always get a Lemon!!!
    And once the store gets my $$$ they could care less about exchanging my Lemon for a BB that actually works Properly & BB RIM duznt give a damn about us as a Customer either, they just want our $$$ as well!

That's why we can Never Contact BB RIM Directly any longer to get any type of Help or Support or get them to tell the Store that the Lemon came from to Exchange the BB for FREE until getting one that Works Right!

But like a lot of U, I do Love the BBs for their Physical Qwerty Keyboard & for their nice Sleek & Smaller Size and bcuz they are Not too Heavy. I hate Thick, Bulky, Heavy phones!

My Daughter & Son In Law just got rid of their 3rd BBs & switched to the SG3 & they absolutely Love it for All it can do bcuz it's just like a Mini Laptop & Does Everything a Laptop/Desktop can do. Plus Unlike BB, the SG3 is extremely Fast & they can receive documents in PDF, Adobe, which BB KANT do for some strange reason!?! And for some reason, Java Script Duznt ever work Properly on the BB, but on their new SG3 it works just great!

But the few things I Hate about their SG3 is that it is Thick, it is Bulky, it is Heavy & it Duznt have a QWERTY Physical Keypad. Also it is Very Touch Sensitive, like if U want2 show someone a picture or text or something on the SG3, if U ever so Slightly Touch even just the Edge of the Screen, You've completely LOST that page or whatever it was You were going2 look at. And then it's a full Frustrating Process of Touching things on the screen until U can Get Back whatever it was U were going2 look at in the first place! Yes it's just Waaaaay Toooo Touch SENSITIVE, but if there WAS a QWERTY Physical Keypad, You could grab onto that Part of the phone so You Don't accidently Touch Something You Shouldn't Touch on the FULL extremely Large Touch Screen.

I dunno, maybe Canada gets all the BB Lemons & thus Why BB RIM Won't Allow the Customer to Contact them any longer bcuz they Know they're gunna be complained to. Very Poor Customer Service/Relations BB RIM, to have Dismantled any REAL CONTACT to your company other than your Stupid Generic Ask Blackberry website with Stupid Generic Q&A's.

BB RIM, U really Need2 Start Showing us Customers that U actually Care about us & Want2 actually Talk2 us LIVE!!! STOP HIDING & STOP just Taking our $$$ & Ignoring us. After all, if it wuznt for us Customers & our $$$ You Wouldn't be able to continue as a Competing Company. Right Now You're in totally LAST PLACE & You'd be absolutely NOTHING bcuz You've already Had sooo many Lawsuits & a lot of Customers & People in general Hating On You!

Why Not TRY2 Like us Customers, Love us Customers, Be us Customers Friend & SHOW us Customers a little Appreciation hey!

Anyways BB RIM, for your sake & your Customers sakes, I truly Hope You've Hit a Home Run with the hopefully Near Future Launches of your New Blackberrys. And I Hope They are Not Too Big, Too Heavy, Too Bulky, Too Touch SENSITIVE when passing the phone around from P2P. I Hope they Have the Option of Both the QWERTY Physical Keypad & a Touch Keypad. I Hope they can OPEN PDF, ADOBE Documents! I Hope there's a lot More Apps already installed on the New Blackberrys...

Ohhh there's sooo Much that I Hope for & I know I'm Not the Only Customer who Does Hope for these Options, so I really think it's Time for You, BB RIM, to step Up to the Plate & Start Listening to your Customers & Hit a Home Run with your New Blackberrys.

STOP the Competing, STOP with the Copying/Cloning of Other Companys Ideas! Nobody likes a Copy Cat & that's what You've been trying2 do lately! LISTEN to your Own Customers & Make a Blackberry or 2 or 3 that Your Faithful Customers Want for once!!! And I Mean, Really LISTEN & Show Your CUSTOMERS You have Their Best Interest at Heart. Do Your OWN Thing so You can Stand Tall & Be Proud! This way there'll be No Whispers like "BB RIM has tried to COPY iPhone" or "BB RIM's phone looks just like the SG3". Have people be Amazed & say "Wow, look what BB RIM did, they've made an Excellent phone & it duznt resemble this or that, it's definitely a BB RIM piece of Technology that BB RIM can call Their OWN"!!!

You Do All This & You Actually Could Be the #1 in the New Technology of Phones!

And then perhaps I'll stick with the good ol' Blackberry ;D lol.

Well, Good Luck to any & All of You who want2 wait it out for BB RIM's Newest Line of whatever it is "They're" Inventing!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

Anyway, I do love the look and feel of the new berry. The UI seems to take the best of everything, PB iphone SGS3
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

S3 LTE or BB10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had (until November 12th) the same question, If there were no new devices with touch experience I would by the GSIII; because I think is a very nice phone for many many reasons, but I was hopping for new BB relase and now there is going to be my new L-series the next one =)

And for different reasons people like qwerty phones and the same with touch phones; personally I got the 9860 because I was looking for a touch device but I wanted to be a BB.
    White Z10 | STL 100-3 Official: 10.2.1.537 aka 10.2.1.1925 | Telcel
    Previous OS Leak:10.2.1.1055 aka 10.2.1.176
    64GB PlayBook BB Lover
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,025 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    People have been doing so successfully for quite a while now.
    Yeah. Sadly, I'm not one of them. :-(
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Yeah. Sadly, I'm not one of them. :-(
    Neither was I, for the longest. Never thought it was possible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12