Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Which BB10 device will you be planning on getting.

I just saw that this was up as a new post on Crackberry while I was logging on, but I'm going to do this thread which I planned to do anyway.

As I'm pretty sure you know, the BB10 devices have been pushed back to Q1 2013 (boo!!!!). The Blackberry "London", the all touchscreen device, and the Blackberry "Nevada", the physical keyboard and presumable touchscreen device are highly anticipated by Blackberry fans around the world.

Which phone are you guys going to get. I've never had a BB before, but many family members have some. I may get the London, due to the fact that, if the phone given to developers is any indication of the actual phone, has a luxurious screen and has a great looking keyboard. I find myself really good with touch keyboards, and have never really had extended use with a phys. keyboard. But I hear phys. keyboards are fabulous, so I could go to the Nevada.

What phone do you, Crackberryers, desire for?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

I'll probably buy both. I'm a sucker for new tech.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

Well my contract is not due for renewal until over a year, so for me? It's anyone's guess.

I might run out and get the N-series. Or I might wait and go for the M-series or the second-generation N-series. I don't know if I'd like the L-series.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry User

If there is something like the Pearl available (there probably won't be) with a physical keyboard and small size, I'll get that one. Otherwise probably won't get one at all.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

My carrier upgrade is mid-February, so the delay doesn't effect me as far as timing goes.

I'm a physical keyboard guy, so I'm looking forward to an N-Series model. I've gotten very used to being able to speed dial, open apps, search, and other keyboard shortcuts. God how I love keyboard shortcuts!

I try to hold off buying any tech until the first major software, firmware, or hardware update, and I'm curious how reviews of BB10 and the new hardware will pan out. All of these things will factor into my ultimate decision.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts

Definitely looking forward to the BB10 device with physical keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

I was hoping for a slider but my upgrades in April. So probably the London. Lets see how a phone is with a virtual keyboard.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    296C1AA2

BlackBerry 10 N Series Physical keypad it is Just to have the touch experience I have a Curve 9380 now I like this Berry a lot! But, I prefer my next Berry to be one with Physical QWERTY
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,105 Global Posts

Both of them, provided if I have the cash or not.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    CrackBerry Abuser

Either the dual slider w/ keyboard or one with a keyboard and touch screen. i have to have my physical keyboard!

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts

Original torch style . But would that be a touch screen or a QWERTY? They say they are making 3 or each... High end and low end of the three styles?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Nevada of course because the physical keyboard has become a BlackBerry symbol. And because I am not confident enough to use the high tech keyboard.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

I am still on the fence. The all touch will intrigue me, but I love the physical keyboard.

I probably will not buy the all touch right away when it launches. I will most likely wait until the QWERTY launches then play with both at my carrier and make a decision then.
    Hello, my name is Diego and I'm a BlackBerryAholic

PHONE: Curve 8330->Storm 9500->Bold 9700->Torch 9800->Bold 9900->Z10

TABLET: PlayBook 32gb
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,284 Global Posts

If i had the money(which i won't), i would go a qwerty device, since i have the PB for a touchscreen machine...

Hope there's a phone on 200-300 radius...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    Im sexy and i know it! ("Music? What music?")
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I need a physical keyboard AND a large screen, so something like the Blade (I do like it a lot) will perfectly fit my requirements.
    This slider phone shouldn't be available before 2H2013 and my Torch 9800 is quite old now, so I'll take the querty keyboard BB10 phone as soon as it is available and I'll switch to the slider one when it becomes available.

Thinking about slider, I've always been asking myself this question : why do people prefer a bold like phone (keyboard + small touchscreen) while a slider is available (same keyboard + large touchscreen). This always annoyed me and I can't see any good reason !
    Last edited by xnwrx; 08-16-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Thanked by:
    DINGSTER1 (10-04-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

If past habits repeat them selves I will have both devices. I do want to try the all touch screen device more.

I had an iphone, and missed the keyboard and some other things. I went to a Torch and loved the slider. Changed it for the 9900 and it is by far the best keyboard and is a sexy device but I miss the larger screen
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,284 Global Posts

Even if a slider comes out at Q2 2013, it'll only be available in Portugal like 2 years later, so, if i can save 10/month till then, a slider is what i'll buy

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    Im sexy and i know it! ("Music? What music?")
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    PIN
    Secret :D

I'd like to get the next generation upgraded bold of the 9900.. But I'll be sticking with my 9900 for awhile

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    9000 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> 9900
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I should be getting the special limited editon phone for developers. I have a few BlackBerry 10 apps done and can't wait for the day they ask for the Dev Alpha back and send out whatever they have made for us.
    CrackBerry Newbie

how did u know that BB london, nevada and milan will be the next bb10 smartphones ?????????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

I'll wait and play with both the full touch and the keyboard version before deciding. But i'm more inclined towards the full touch. While i love my physical keyboard, i believe full touch will provide a better BB10 experience, provided that the virtual keyboard is good. I am fairly competent on typing on virtual keyboards. We shall see...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by xnwrx View Post
    Thinking about slider, I've always been asking myself this question : why do people prefer a bold like phone (keyboard + small touchscreen) while a slider is available (same keyboard + large touchscreen). This always annoyed me and I can't see any good reason !
    For those of us using VZW, the answer is simple...the 9800/9810 isn't available to us and the joy that is the 9930 keyboard simply outweighs the slightly larger screen on the 9850. I got the 9850 when VZW first released it and while it is indeed a very nice phone, after about 9 months I traded it for a 9930 just for the keyboard.
    Twitter.com/K9Carly
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

My own personal requirements are 4G connectivity, physical keyboard, and it being the "flagship" device. I'm currently with T-Mobile so I'm thinking all these requirements will be met. Basically, I'm looking for the direct successor of the Bold 9900 4G.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm so looking forward to the QWERTY version! My contract is up mid-February so I'm hoping the timing is perfect for a new BlackBerry 10 device for me!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    15,544 Global Posts

Call me "OLD SCHOOL", but when I think of BlackBerry, I think of QWERTY. That's the one I will be upgrading to.....PERIOD.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast