Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts
    PIN
    2175D6D1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Magnum review

http://www.toptechreviews.net/mobiles-phones/smartphones/blackberry-magnum-review/

Let's see this baby finally

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wouldn't call it a review but hey, pretty nice eitherway. Need comparison shots to the Bold 9000 and the 9700 for me to get any idea of it's size.

I call shenangins on this one. Just sounds like someone threw together a bunch of rumours. Its obviously written by someone wanting attention who doesnt really have much skill at writing. How can you call it a "review" and not review anything? The author just listed some speculated facts. Then to show a picture which is clearly an old photoshop job and not acknowledge it is for illustrative purposes only.

On top of that, to the best of my knowledge, the original Mangum project was scrapped and the Dakota was born.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Android Andy.

Definitely. 2mp camera? In a looks-like 'top-end' phone? No way. 3.2 at least.

Also, if you look at the related links, the Gemini picture is just an 8530 and a really badly painted 8900 fused together horribly.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-22-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Bell HTC Incredible S - Android 2.2
    Bell Motorola Atrix - Android 2.2 Rooted
    Bell HTC Desire Z - Android 2.3.2 - Cyanogen 7 RC1
    Bell HTC HD7 - Windows Phone 7
    Bell LG Optimus Quantum - Windows Phone 7
    Telus Motorola Milestone - G.O.T. Froyo 2.2
    Editor on Gizmo Ninja
    Xbox Live: Glitch ZERO
    Twitter: GlitchZero
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    balls

I second the shenangins comment!! How can they call that a review, I mean come on, they haven't even used the phone to review it.... Any average member on CB could throw together a review of every rumored phone we have on here and probably make it sound better then that article.
    I'd have to say thou, it's pretty much sucked these last few months within these forums due to the fact of RIM's silence on all these devices. It seems like they have all these great new devices coming down the line but all we've gotten is crap articles like this to talk about on the forums. Like Glitch said, a 2MP camera, for a new future device. If that's the case then you wonder why ever other new forum thread these days is talking about how RIM is gonna be left in the dust with all these other Android and iPhone devices coming out. With crap articles like this, that if they turn out to be true then those people may be correct in a way.
    Other the other hand, it may be nice to have this silence and maybe RIM is tryin to copy Apple and actually keep info on lockdown more. Then we may actually be wowed by the Slider, Dakota or S3 when they actually show them off Steve Jobs style. I know myself is hoping that's the case for sure.....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,053 Global Posts

Well, I give them credit. This is the newest version of this phone I've seen yet. Best looking too! I really thought this phone needed a trackpad, but it looke damn nice without one. Can't wait to see comparison pics to the 9700 and 9000. Might be my upgrade this fall.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

Bull-crap... It's supposed to be super high end and did I hear 2mp camera?? If that's wrong-- everything is

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

The UA Prof on the 9800 shows a 1600x1200 max image which comes from a 2 MP camera... Maybe they have an amazing lens?
    Gregerator here = Lombaki on Twitter.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by gregerator View Post
    The UA Prof on the 9800 shows a 1600x1200 max image which comes from a 2 MP camera... Maybe they have an amazing lens?
    If this is one of the new high-end devices, there's no way they'd shove a 2MP in there would they? Even the 9630 and 9700s have 3.2MPs!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    CrackBerry User

I agree about the camera quality. Should be higher mp's. If that changed, I might consider this phone....unless it's too good to be true.
    Visit my blog - LoveBerry
    all things blackberry from a girl's point of view
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Maybe the test units have the 2.0 just to fill space?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,053 Global Posts

What res is the 3.2MP?
    Lumia 1020/1520 - WP 8.1
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 4.4.4
    32GB Playbook - OS 2.1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,436 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    What res is the 3.2MP?
    2048 x 1536
    CrackBerry User

Fake!
    However, I wish it were real
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

IMO, This phone is a total FAIL unless it has at least 8x optical zoom. I mean, come on, RIM...

"Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
  16. salomondrin

This is actually a very accurate review of it!
    . NOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! LOL
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

The magnum is not only a 9000+touch screen? I look a some videos on youtube and it looks like!

The 2MP cam is not a suprise if the core is from the 9000!

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Anyway, not sure but I think this device was abandoned... The slider concept took it place.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by salomondrin View Post
    This is actually a very accurate review of it!
    . NOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! LOL

.are there still separate Slider and Dakota devices? Any info?

CrackBerry Genius

The dakota idea seems to have vanished for now, probably some of the ideas have ended up in the slider, but you have to assume that there will be a device more like the dakota at some point although it seems unlikely this year now the slider is on the way.
  21. salomondrin

Dakota is still another phone, the problem is that RIM is very pissed because of all the leaks, so they are doing everything they can to stop them. Too bad for us, but good for them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

Sometimes I get a feeling that the Dakota is what the 9700 should have been. I love my 9700, but the Dakota has really stood out as a possible contender for the flagship device for GSM carriers. If what I've heard really is true about this device, though all I've heard is strictly hearsay, this device (if released) will be a beast and real competition in the smartphone wars.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I don't care about the camera. All i know is that i saw it said gsm. If this phone isn't available on Verizon, i may have to hurt someone.
    IN A WORLD THAT DOESN'T, BOLD DOES
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

not really a review.... total garbage really... not to mention a p-shopped photo...

what would wow me is if RIM should a REAL magnum at WES next week!
    Bold 9700
    OS 5.0.0.680