Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default For Z10 upgraders on (or looking at) Rogers

I've been doing some carrier shopping today. I made a stop in a Tbooth Wireless because they had a sign in the window about a trade-in credit for an older Blackberry if moving up to the Z10. They are the exclusive provider for the Rogers offer, where they will give a $50 credit in addition to the trade-in value. I asked about a trade-in value for my Bold 9900, and was told they will offer $150 for it! That covers the cost of the new phone on a 3-year contract! This is a generous offer, I think Bell is offering $100 and Telus, $75, for the same model.

In my case, I'm tempted, but I may be able to get more via Craigslist since I have some related accessories.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Those trade-in offers are never really a grea deal.. cool if you don't really care as long as you end up with a new device but you can typically always get more elsewhere.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ya, I had thought as much. Nonetheless, I was surprised by the relatively high offer, and thought I would share it with others. I am figuring to go the Craigslist route myself as I have some accessories to go with the 9900, and would get a better price for the bundle.
    CrackBerry User

If they are offering you $150, thats a great deal comparable to what you'll get on Kijiji and I'd take that deal. If it was under $100 I'd say sell it yourself. That's just my opinion.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

I think $150 is a bit low, but that depends on the condition of the phone. If its in good condition I'm sure you will get more than the quoted price of $150. Personally I'd just keep the phone if that's the price being offered across the board.
    CrackBerry Master

well, $150 + another $50 is pretty fair. the market price on kijiji for a used 9900 is $180-220 right now depending on condition.
    Bold 9000 -> iPhone 5 -> White Z10 -> Passport
    Playbook 16GB